England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters

aussie1st said:
Good prediction aussie1st!
Collingwood 71, thats the potential I was talking about. They also collasped down to Udal but Collingwood is still there. This is what I've seen him do in the ODI arena, now hes doing it in the test. His bowling will also be handy to the English team.

Good prediction aussie1st! :p.

I knew he would do well eventually. And on your point about ODI's, remember the Natwest series final with England 33-5, he saved the game. :cool:

Sami has been poor for a while, you don't average over 40 for no reason. I don't understand why they keep picking him when he put's in cosistantly poor performances.

Drewska said:
Good prediction aussie1st! :p.

I knew he would do well eventually. And on your point about ODI's, remember the Natwest series final with England 33-5, he saved the game. :cool:

Do I ever, the English were thinking of using their supersub but Collingwood and his partner were able to bat to near the end of the inns so they didn't have to use their supersub. And thats just one of many times he has saved England against Aus. He did it in the VB series too. We just couldn't get Collingwood out.
I just hope we can keep the wood over him in the next Ashes.

They wouldn't have been thinking of using the super sub as they weren't introduced until the 3 match NatWest Challenge. But yes, Geraint Jones and Collingwood batter very well in the NatWest series final. I can still remember jumping up and down when they ran the leg bye to tie the game!

stevie said:
Sami has been poor for a while, you don't average over 40 for no reason. I don't understand why they keep picking him when he put's in cosistantly poor performances.
i don't know on what basis the selectors are prefering Sami,as he has not proven his worth in majority of the Test matches,his bowling average,strike rate :eek: they should have chosen Asif poor decision :( hope Sami will prove me wrong & perform well :upray

Good point :o now the bad memories are pouring in again :(
Lets see if Collingwood can make a big 100 this time. And then lets see his bowling. From what I saw his bowling isn't up to Fredo's standards but if the pitch is allowing for swing he could be hard to stop.

Malik is also bowling well, 3 wickets hopefully he doesn't get reported as he is a good all rounder for Pak.

http://www.cricketweb.net/article.p...DAuto=960&ImageURL=newsimages/ashleygiles.jpg

Would like to see Blackwell given another chance, very good player on his day.

nightprowler10 said:
I looked up some articles on Cricinfo that stated that Shabbir has been reported four times now in his career. That might have something to do with it. Not sure why I always thought this was only the second time.

Wouldn't it be better to just call a no-ball every time a bowler uses an illegal action instead of going through this whole circus every time? Just like overstepping, the bowler will eventually straighten his action up to avoid no-balls, IMHO.

Ah but is that bending (punchline) of the rules justified by a 1 run penalty?

Blackwell is alright hasn't set the world on fire. But I guess England don't have many spinners floating about. His batting is good though so England's batting lineup will be longer.

Sureshot said:
Ah but is that bending (punchline) of the rules justified by a 1 run penalty?
Simply put, whenever the bowler uses a bent arm action, he gains an unfair advantage against the batsman. This advantage would be negated if a no-ball was called by the umpire. I know the 1 run penalty may seem minute to some, but its a better solution than all this rubbish a bowler has to go through if he gets tired and bowls with an illegal action (<<not creating excuses for Shabbir).

aussie1st said:
Good point :o now the bad memories are pouring in again :(
Lets see if Collingwood can make a big 100 this time. And then lets see his bowling. From what I saw his bowling isn't up to Fredo's standards but if the pitch is allowing for swing he could be hard to stop.

Malik is also bowling well, 3 wickets hopefully he doesn't get reported as he is a good all rounder for Pak.

Yeah, I certainly hope too, that this crap with the bowling action comes to an end. He is very handy, just needs to tighten his batting up a bit. In my opinion he is more of a middle order batsman and should not open. Salman Butt was a natural talent as a opener, hope he gets a good partner.

nightprowler10 said:
its a better solution than all this rubbish a bowler has to go through if he gets tired and bowls with an illegal action (<<not creating excuses for Shabbir).
If a bowler gets tired and slips in one illegal delivery, then he probably isn't going to be reported.

andrew_nixon said:
If a bowler gets tired and slips in one illegal delivery, then he probably isn't going to be reported.
if the bowler is so tired to bowl an illegal delivery then he better go and take some rest.

Good inning today from Collingwood. A good reply to his critics who say he cant play test matches. England is looking strong right now but could have been much better then this.

Udal is outa here! Kaneria gets his 2nd.
Anyone know how good with the bat Plunkett is? Or do I have to find out by watching him bat right now.

Users who are viewing this thread