England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
sachin said:
I pick up things here and there...mostly forums,bit of tv,and radio.
So u are interested in knowing about pakistani supportes from pakistani forums,pakistani tv channels,pakistani radio ?wow :clap

Pakistan's main players Inzimam,Afridi,Younas,Youhana,Akhtar,Kaneria and Rana. Adding more Asim has lots of potential...The series will be gud one couze england dont have decent spinner with them other giles who is not effective here...

durrani1 said:
england dont have decent spinner with them other giles who is not effective here...
I'm not usually one to defend Giles, but on the last tour to Pakistan he took 17 wickets at 24.11...... hardly ineffective.....

andrew_nixon said:
I'm not usually one to defend Giles, but on the last tour to Pakistan he took 17 wickets at 24.11...... hardly ineffective.....
Thats because Pakistan doesn't bat to its(so-called-questionable if you ask me.) potential.

did any 1 try "England tour of Pakistan 2005" banners , as did .. com on guys u have got paint shop pro , and i dont but still i have made 1 .. i know u people a master guys :)

sachin said:
Thats because Pakistan doesn't bat to its(so-called-questionable if you ask me.) potential.
That questionable potential gave India a run for its money earlier in the year.

Really looking forward to this series after the squads announcement.

usy57_pak said:
did any 1 try "England tour of Pakistan 2005" banners , as did .. com on guys u have got paint shop pro , and i dont but still i have made 1 .. i know u people a master guys :)

header_engpak_2005-06_296x85.gif

:rolleyes:

source: cricinfo

did i say get it from a web site + can u not try i know u can doo better then cricinfo and mines
rolleyes.gif

sachin said:
Come off it.How is it offensive? :mad:

I seem to remember in a thread on another forum a Australian member calling English 'Pommies', i can't remember the whole thing now, but even a Scotsman (!!!!) didn't like the term, now that says something. :D
It's a word that was used to describe Englishmen when Europeans started to settle in Australia iirc. (Details a bit hazy though)

I just think why not call us 'English' or 'Englishmen'?

Sureshot said:
I seem to remember in a thread on another forum a Australian member calling English 'Pommies', i can't remember the whole thing now, but even a Scotsman (!!!!) didn't like the term, now that says something. :D
It's a word that was used to describe Englishmen when Europeans started to settle in Australia iirc. (Details a bit hazy though)

I just think why not call us 'English' or 'Englishmen'?
Where did "Pommie" come from anyway? I never heard that term before I joined PC.

EDIT: oops, should've read the whole post.

Last edited:
Like i said, i think it started around the time when Europeans settled in Australia, might originate from Aborigines. :historylesson:

Users who are viewing this thread