England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
aditya123 said:
One question that noone can answer is whether Shoaib will be able to emulate his performances against England in the India series also ?
I don`t think even Shoaib knows that !
One thing I can guarantee you is that Shoaib Akhtar is a much better bowler than what he was 12 months back. Full credit to Bob Woolmer for getting him back to his best, and right now I think he is even better than he ever was.

England's performance against Pakistan was disappointing. Michael Vaughan and his men I think took this tour a bit too lightly after that big Ashes win in the summer. They never really adapted to conditions, and were pretty much on the backfoot for most of this tour.

But I know the real England is nothing like this, and I agree with Greg Chappell that they will hit India hard in the 2nd part of the subcontinent tour. Yes the pitches and the Indian spinners at home are a threat, but if England prepare well this time, and are at full strength, then there is no reason why they cant beat India in India. England's strength is the pace attack, and I think they should stick to it no matter how the pitches are.

Simon Jones will be big player in that series, and maybe in the end it will be him that will make the difference. Lets hope he is fit and plays.

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
Simon Jones will be big player in that series, and maybe in the end it will be him that will make the difference. Lets hope he is fit and plays.
Exactly,
that's why I still believe he would have made a lot of difference in the Pak's tour.May be it would have 2-0 to Eng then. :onpc

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
m_vaughan said:
One thing I can guarantee you is that Shoaib Akhtar is a much better bowler than what he was 12 months back. Full credit to Bob Woolmer for getting him back to his best, and right now I think he is even better than he ever was.

England's performance against Pakistan was disappointing. Michael Vaughan and his men I think took this tour a bit too lightly after that big Ashes win in the summer. They never really adapted to conditions, and were pretty much on the backfoot for most of this tour.

But I know the real England is nothing like this, and I agree with Greg Chappell that they will hit India hard in the 2nd part of the subcontinent tour. Yes the pitches and the Indian spinners at home are a threat, but if England prepare well this time, and are at full strength, then there is no reason why they cant beat India in India. England's strength is the pace attack, and I think they should stick to it no matter how the pitches are.

I too believe they can beat India in India if they prepare well....

PakiFan

Club Cricketer
entertaining last over.... :D else it was a boring innings...
I think 206 will not be enough for Eng to save the match unless their bowlers do something special....

kodos

International Coach
m_vaughan said:

Very true. This isn't the usual English team which was seen during the Ashes. Hopefully and i expect them to bounce back against the Indians. This series should be treated as a learning curve as the conditions in pakistan will be similar. The fast bowling attack at full strength could trouble any team in the world and probably is the best fast bowling attack in the world. Batting needs massive improvement and the batsmans didn't show the sign of the way they batted during the Ashes. Perhaps they should look back at the Ashes series as an inspiration as they are once again going in to India as underdogs just like the Ashes series.

irottev

School Cricketer
All this comparison to The Ashes is unnecessary. England are a good test side but arn't a very good ODI side at all. Nothing new here. It doesn't excuse poor peformances from Trescothick, Strauss, Vaughan, and everyone else letting them down.

Indiangod

International Coach
The problem was England did'nt know the conditions in Pakistan, and just a couple of warm up games was not near enough for thier practice.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Indiangod said:
The problem was England did'nt know the conditions in Pakistan, and just a couple of warm up games was not near enough for thier practice.
Perhaps they should've played in the Pakistani domestic season for a few months so that they could get enough practice in these conditions.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
nightprowler10 said:
Perhaps they should've played in the Pakistani domestic season for a few months so that they could get enough practice in these conditions.
I smell Sarcasm :rolleyes:

England just played crappily. The Pakistanis were to hot to handle.

Priyakant

Banned for Account Faking
India are ctap, Pakistan has got better players then them and are a better team.They lost the world cup final, the idoits I blame Tendulkar for evreything, where was he when India needed him most?, all he cares about is record. wherehas Inzy our great hero is a tru macth-winner and next to don Bradman, Tendulkar is fineshed, he is not anywhere near Inzy, think people.

Pakistan are the worlds best team.

PakiFan

Club Cricketer
lolllllzzzzzzzzz you are over excited young kid :D
Tendulkar has not yet finished.... He is still a great batsman.. he hasn't performed in world cup final when India needed him most nor Inzi performed in world cup final when Pak needed him most....... so nothing different but likes of both players are born in decades.... But Inzy is my favourite player...

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
Priyakant said:
India are ctap, Pakistan has got better players then them and are a better team.They lost the world cup final, the idoits I blame Tendulkar for evreything, where was he when India needed him most?, all he cares about is record. wherehas Inzy our great hero is a tru macth-winner and next to don Bradman, Tendulkar is fineshed, he is not anywhere near Inzy, think people.

Pakistan are the worlds best team.
Cool down kid.You are over excited.Just need to spend some time on this site to grow up. :eek: :eek: :boxing :mad: :noway

Users who are viewing this thread