England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
One thing that we`ve noticed during this series is the support the Pakistan team has got from the Indian members of this forum and many people here in India also !
I hope you guys show similar support for India when England tour India early in 2006 .

I won`t expect too much support for India from you guys when India tour Pakistan !

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
aditya123 said:
One thing that we`ve noticed during this series is the support the Pakistan team has got from the Indian members of this forum and many people here in India also !
I hope you guys show similar support for India when England tour India early in 2006 .

I won`t expect too much support for India from you guys when India tour Pakistan !
They will,as India will surely a huge threat to England in India..another tough upcoming series for England after being demolished by Pakistan in both Test & ODI series in Pakistan :D..my money on India :happy

Sureshot

Executive member
Yeh, interesting that, Woolmer thinks we'll be better prepared for India though.

I so hope Jones is back, such a big player in the summer.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
aditya123 said:

Since India and England are fighting for the no.2 spot in test matches, it is understandable to see Indians supporting Pakistan all throughout this series.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
That won't change for now, when India tour England that will decide the no. 2 spot!

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Confirmed Team for Pakistan.

SALMAN
KAMRAN
YASIR H
YOUSAF
YOUNIS
MALIK
AFRIDI
RAZZAQ
RANA
ARSHAD
ASIF

SS: YASIR A

In no particular order.

Sureshot

Executive member
I can pick then?

Arshad and Asif to open then :D

No Inzy, he's been the reliable one for Pakistan this tour, they might miss him. England need to captalise.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sureshot said:
Yeh, interesting that, Woolmer thinks we'll be better prepared for India though.

I so hope Jones is back, such a big player in the summer.
From what I`ve seen of England in the past 2 yrs, Jones seems to be the only `pitch it up` bowler .
Harmisson and Freddie are bowlers who bang the deck hard .
I think they can even try Hoggard in the ODIs . He swings the new ball .
The conditions in India will be even more difficult .

They were lucky that they played in Pakistan during winter nd the pitches were more responsible to seam than otherwise .
They tour India in March-April which is peak summer in the Subcontinent .
The wickets will crumble even more and aid the Indian spinners who are a real threat at home .
They need to be better prepared for Kumble who seems to be improving with time .
I feel that the break of almost 2 months which they will get now will not do any good either.
They`ll again have to readjust to the new conditions which takes time and is not that easy for any team .
I think that is what happened in the Pakistan sereis.
England played the last Ashes test on Sep 12 and the 1st test in Pkistan on Nov 12 .
Except Freddie and Harmisson, none of the players had match practice .

The fact that there are not many practice games nowadays makes it doubly hard for the touring sides .

It is understandable that Pakistan have rested Inzy and Shoaib .
They need him fit and firing against India .
One question that noone can answer is whether Shoaib will be able to emulate his performances against England in the India series also ?
I don`t think even Shoaib knows that !

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
aditya123 said:
From what I`ve seen of England in the past 2 yrs, Jones seems to be the only `pitch it up` bowler .
Harmisson and Freddie are bowlers who bang the deck hard .
I think they can even try Hoggard in the ODIs . He swings the new ball .
The conditions in India will be even more difficult .

They were lucky that they played in Pakistan during winter nd the pitches were more responsible to seam than otherwise .
They tour India in March-April which is peak summer in the Subcontinent .
The wickets will crumble even more and aid the Indian spinners who are a real threat at home .
They need to be better prepared for Kumble who seems to be improving with time .
I feel that the break of almost 2 months which they will get now will not do any good either.
They`ll again have to readjust to the new conditions which takes time and is not that easy for any team .
I think that is what happened in the Pakistan sereis.
England played the last Ashes test on Sep 12 and the 1st test in Pkistan on Nov 12 .
Except Freddie and Harmisson, none of the players had match practice .

The fact that there are not many practice games nowadays makes it doubly hard for the touring sides .

It is understandable that Pakistan have rested Inzy and Shoaib .
They need him fit and firing against India .
One question that noone can answer is whether Shoaib will be able to emulate his performances against England in the India series also ?
I don`t think even Shoaib knows that !

I would put that question to "Whether he can handle the pressure of performing against India". If he can, definitely he will perform against india!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
One of pirvotal factors contirbuting to eng annihlation at hands of Pakistan was the great mix of spin and pace that our attacked is blessed. Bowlers with speeds of more than 90 MPH are the ones who can trouble batsmen on subcontinental pitches. While India's spin attack is fabulous, they lack a genuinely quick bowler ALA Shoaib or lee. That might make Indians work harder to remove English batters. Form of Pathan will be very instrumental in improving India's chances which look pretty good anyways ATM.

PakiFan

Club Cricketer
M.Asif is a very good bowler.. He has performed extremely well in the Pakistan's domestic 20-20 tournament..... I wished he would have played atleast 3 three games in the ODI series but he got the chance just in the last one..
not too much but rather u wont get any support in Pak-Ind series :D :D
But atleast i will deifinitely support India in the series against Eng and SL(though its almost over)........... :happy

-------------------
Eng are much on the backfoot in the last ODI as well...... i think they won't go over 200 once Pak manages to get Flintoff... Eng RR is just 3.2 after 33 overs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread