England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
sami ullah khan said:
ICC can do nothing. They are a bunch of moreons who dont like to take action against the premiere nations of cricket. If ICC was so neutral, Bell would have been banned for a as many matches for committing the same mistake that Rashid Latif did. And please dont go on saying that Bell never knew he had dropped the catch.

Then don't go on with the anti-asian umpires crap then.

Remember only an umpire can give a player out NOT a player to his counterpart.

siddharth2002 said:
with 5/6 odds in Pakistan favour I put all my vcash (4000+) on Pakistan victory. This is gonna be sweet, lots of money.

It's not real :cool:

sami ullah khan said:
You may have missed the whole series (test + ODI). It is not the first time that Umpires have made errors that have gone against Pakistan. If there were one or two or three incidents i would have categorised these as misjudgements but the fact is that umpiring mistakes have been overwhemingly against pakistan. So dude try to be neutral for a second. Watch the dismissal in the whole tour , you will see may be two erroneous decision that have benefited Pak. All other mistakes worked against us (dont know the exact number but more than atleast 5 times i guess).

We had decisions go against us aswell.

Good grief, you've thrashed us and you can still find something to moan about.

Briggsey said:
True, I also think we could have done with Ian Bell in there, he's batted well as sub this series when he's been required, just unlucky that he was subbed at the start after Pakistan chose to bat, with him coming in down the order it would have helped, especially if it was to partner Blackwell at the end there.

Bell has been the best batsman on this tour, so why drop him?

I'd replace Jones, Prior is a good enough keeper.

Jones needs to be dropped, he is supposed to be a better batter than Read. Don't think so somehow, maybe in Tests but not in ODIs.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/19346.html

Screwed up my theory in ODIs :D

Hey sureshot why dont you go through the dismissals in the series and see for yourself how often the innocent little umpires made Judgemental error agains pakistan. Thats not coincidence mate and I have seen enough cricket over the years to know when umpires make mistakes and when they act like if they did.

You just don't get it do you Sami ullah khan, i'm not saying he (they) got it wrong, of course they did, but it happens it's life, Humans make mistakes, don't be so harsh, they have a tough enough job anyway,

Anyone who thinks Umpires should get every decision spot on are dreaming.

ZoraxDoom said:
Shabbir Ahmed doesn't chuck! :eek:
I can't believe they banned him! His action looks fine to me!

How do you know? Have you been to all the test's on him? Have you monitered his action throughout a match? Did you know he's been called several times in his career? The ICC have said he can bowl with a legal action but also bowl's with a illegal action alot of the time.

stevie said:
How do you know? Have you been to all the test's on him? Have you monitered his action throughout a match? Did you know he's been called several times in his career? The ICC have said he can bowl with a legal action but also bowl's with a illegal action alot of the time.
No. I've actually seen him bowl. Doesn't look like he chucks, to me atleast.

england have 3 ODI's remaining to get themselves in the top 6. last ODI against pakistan and first two against india or otherwise they will have to play in the playoffs after the group stages in the ICC Champions Trophy in india next year

jazz said:
england have 3 ODI's remaining to get themselves in the top 6. last ODI against pakistan and first two against india or otherwise they will have to play in the playoffs after the group stages in the ICC Champions Trophy in india next year
Now that is an eye-opener. Wake up guys!!

Hopefully England will be back in the form they have shown over the past two years and perform well in India.

Sureshot said:
You just don't get it do you Sami ullah khan, i'm not saying he (they) got it wrong, of course they did, but it happens it's life, Humans make mistakes, don't be so harsh, they have a tough enough job anyway,

Anyone who thinks Umpires should get every decision spot on are dreaming.

You can call me sami. You dont have to write my full name. I have never said that humans dont make mistake. All i want is consistency. Too many mistakes against the same team in a series has made me think on these lines. Mistakes looks more like mistakes by design to me. That has got me really pissed off

Sami_ullah_khan said:
Rub of the green, as it is called. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you dont.

You tend to forget the decisions that go in your favour and remember all too well those that dont.

In the end, they all cancel each other out. The sooner you accept that, the better it is. Blaming the ICC and the umpires for such things clearly indicate a lack of maturity on your part.

jazz said:

You mean before not after the ICC Trophy.

Sureshot said:
You mean before not after the ICC Trophy.
Not showing much confidence in England are you? I'd have hope they wouldn't sink so low that they have to play in the ICC Trophy! :D

m_vaughan said:
In the end, they all cancel each other out. The sooner you accept that, the better it is. Blaming the ICC and the umpires for such things clearly indicate a lack of maturity on your part.
Exactly. Remember the England v Pakistan test series in 2001? When Pakistan got three wickets from clear no-balls in the second test?

Sh!t happens, you just have to forget about it and move on. Pakistan have won the series, and yet their fans still moan!

Yup, i remember Bells first 4 dismissals in the tests, 1 was off a no ball, and the another 2 were very dodgy. But you get on with it, That's the way cricket works.

And there wasn't actually any deviation on that Tres edge, although it made a noise.

Users who are viewing this thread