England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
All over now. Flintoff is out now and once again the batting is a dissapointment.

Afridi comes back into the attack. This is another crucial moment in the match. Pakistan's spin duo can pull off this one for us. Lets see if flintoff wants to hit afridi.

Well Afridi got him. I think pakistan should bring back akhtar from one end and try to finish it off.

I still wouldn't count Eng out as long as Blackwell is there. He is as good as Flintoff if gets going and required run-rate is not much.

i dont think so, unless the spin bowling is working for Pakistan, there is no need of shoaib... But once shoaib fails, then the rest of the batsmen will be felling confident........

Well England still have Ian Bell up their sleeve so there certainly still is hope as he is in good form. Want ENgland to win this so the series could be level and make a very interesting 5th match.

kodos said:
Well England still have Ian Bell up their sleeve so there certainly still is hope as he is in good form. Want ENgland to win this so the series could be level and make a very interesting 5th match.
He's been subbed already for Anderson If I recall properly what I read somewhere.

As far as I am concerned, England have wasted all that they got early on this match with such a poor display of batting!

Pakistan right on top and are going to win the series here itself!

England 110-7?? I say there's no chance from now on for them!

what do you mean siddharth?
I am not able to get this supersub rule yet....... :(
can nebody tell me......
James Anderson has already bowled his overs, if Bell is going to come now, it means Eng have played with 12 players........
And Arshad replaced which player from Pak side??????

England 110-7?? I say there's no chance from now on for them!
correction: Its 8 down now

with 5/6 odds in Pakistan favour I put all my vcash (4000+) on Pakistan victory. This is gonna be sweet, lots of money.

PakiFan said:
what do you mean siddharth?
I am not able to get this supersub rule yet....... :(
can nebody tell me......
James Anderson has already bowled his overs, if Bell is going to come now, it means Eng have played with 12 players........
And Arshad replaced which player from Pak side??????

correction: Its 8 down now
Well its tricky but very easy to understand. It works like soccer substitutions.
But here if someone has bowled or batted already can still be subbed by a player who will carry out rest of the duties in the match like batting, bowlng etc. But the subbed player cannot take part in the match, once subbed means out of the match.
So Bell was subbed by Anderson so he can't come out to bat now whereas because Pakistan batted first allowed them to bring Arshad Khan in place of someone when they turned in to bowl.

oh if James is the super sub for Eng, then why they haven't included James in the starting 11 and Bell as super sub? is it because super sub has to be decided before the match, and when Eng lost the toss, Trescothic got in his super sub immediately to take advantage of the early conditions????????

and what is this PowerPlay???

Pakistan have this one in the bag but the worst that they could do now is get complacent. They should go for the kill now, Bring back akhtar, let see some toe crushers.

PakiFan said:
oh if James is the super sub for Eng, then why they haven't included James in the starting 11 and Bell as super sub? is it because super sub has to be decided before the match, and when Eng lost the toss, Trescothic got in his super sub immediately to take advantage of the early conditions????????

and what is this PowerPlay???
Yes, Super-sub has to be decided before the toss and Trescothick might have expected to bat first but couldn't so had to use Anderson so Bell was subbed even before he could contribute something in the match.
Powerplays- 3 in one innings. overs 1-10 and two 5 over blocks applied by fielding captain during any stage of the innings. So total of 20 overs instead of 15 where only 2 fielders are allowed outside the circle but with a twist and flavour!!!

sami ullah khan said:
Pakistan have this one in the bag but the worst that they could do now is get complacent. They should go for the kill now, Bring back akhtar, let see some toe crushers.
Well Akhtar came back and dropped a sitter. I will say it again that as long as Blackwell is standing, England is taking this one home. The required run-rate is simply too low. 210 is a small total after-all.

I think Naved has to be brought back. He is the one for me to do it in this situation.

Users who are viewing this thread