England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Well we had them 150/9. That's the result of this 14 man team idea. The tail doesn't really start until number 11.

Plunkett, Udal and Anderson 3 wickets a piece, no drops from Jones and 4 catches some great ones too. Strauss and Prior opening.

iceman_waugh said:
It seems so.
Geraint may be out if he does'nt perform.
Matt Prior looks pretty promising.

Yep a poor mans Adam Gilchrist :D

England into bat, we're 23-2.
AJ Strauss c Bazid Khan b Najaf Shah 6
AGR Loudon c Zulqarnain Haider b Mohammad Irshad 1

Vaughan and Prior in.

Vaughan gone for a 5 ball duck, lbw to Irshad. Hmmmm.

Whats going on with that pitch!? 39 for 6! Talk about being brought back down to Earth!

^ You just can't admit defeat can you. Seriously.

It did look like a dust bowl, i don't know what the bowlers types are so i'm not sure. But we've collapsed, again.

He's an Aussie cc2003btw not many can.

Maybe because the batting card is so long they are relying on each other. Doesn't bother me too much as it's only a tour match.

I had to laugh again when I saw the scorecard. :laugh I think Trescothick needs to save them again. He has yet to come in. We could have a result in this three day match.

Nice start. And on this ground the last two ODI's will be played.

I think it was a sarcastic post, just because the wickets were taken by fast bowlers. Not spinners. So actually they didn't struggle against spinners.

Do not underestimate Irshad, he bowls around mid 140 kph. This is just a tour game but its pleasing to see Pakistan's A team bowlers having this kind of impact, by the way the only real spinner is Tahir, who isn't the greatest and as a result Eng haven't really been tested against spin on this tour as of yet.
Watch out for Mansoor Amjad (with bat and ball) in the next game, if he plays.

ZexyZahid said:
I think it was a sarcastic post, just because the wickets were taken by fast bowlers. Not spinners. So actually they didn't struggle against spinners.

lol, i know that, i think his post was in reply to mine above it.

I dont think we should read much into results of this game. England are just getting used to environ here in Pakistan and they will take a little time to get the adjustments right. But their confidence may falter a little if they lose this match. I think it is going to be a fascinating series. Pakistan have one big hole and that is their opening pair and england lack the spinner so very needed on these tracks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread