England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Kaneria have been tried multiple times in ODI's, with less success. He is more a Test bowler, just like Rana is more an ODI bowler.

Oh never knew that. From what I saw in the ODIs he definitely can get smashed around. In fact not many leg spinners are economical in ODIs. Warne would be one of the few, MacGill is very expensive hence him never been given a go in ODIs.

Just heard Bumble on SSN, he seems 90% sure Vaughan will miss the test as he has heavy padding.

So who will replace him?

Bell, Prior or Cook.

Cook is in best form, Bell will most likely play.

One thing that goes in bells favour is how well he fielded vs Warne in the summer, he was tremendous fielding up close.

but he cannot bat, they didnt need vaughanie because of his fielding, it was his great batting! Strausie can field in short leg also!

ZexyZahid said:
Too bad for some people this didn't happen.

BBC pushed ECB for live cricket
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/224805.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Good find Zexy!

Sureshot said:
So who will replace him?

Bell, Prior or Cook.

Cook is in best form, Bell will most likely play.

I'd be tempted to put money on Bell playing, simply because he's already experienced test cricket, plus it would be risky to thrust one of the other two into a situation where they were suddenly playing. I guess it's not totally inconceivable that Prior could play in place of Jones anyway, but I doubt that'll happen yet.

About that BBC article: obviously you won't find it on the BBC site, since the agreement wasn't reached.

And I also think that Bell will play.

Last edited:
langerrox said:
but he cannot bat, they didnt need vaughanie because of his fielding, it was his great batting! Strausie can field in short leg also!

Nor can Symonds according to your test selectors :rolleyes:

Bell has a first class record to be proud of, he is new to the test scene and cricket first class scene aswell.

I think Bell should play as he has faced the likes of McGrath and Warne, and has test experience: Something Cook and Prior dont have.

BTW Woolmer is having nightmares choosing the playing XI. No surprise there because this is perhaps the strongest squad we've had in a couple of years :cool:

Asim Kamal is in doubt of playing in the first test because of his poor form while Hasan Raza has a chance of taking his position. But I guess Afridi will end up playing in the match as his bowling abilities will also bolster the team. Butt and Malik are certain to open while Younis, Yousuf and Inzi will remain in their favourite middle-order positions. I am surprised they didnt include Gul as he would have proved a good back-up bowler but oh well.... Atleast they are giving Shabbir and Rana a chance.

So far our team is almost guarenteed to be:

Strauss
Trescothick
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
G Jones
Giles
Udal
Hoggard
Harmison

That seems pretty strong to me, and Multan is set to be a batting wicket, its flat as anything, and theres no grass at all. Hoggard practiced on the side wicket, and the ball didn't bounce above his knee. So Bell is a good choice, and i reckon he's going to make his mark.

Pretty good team that, Collingwood can bowl his medium pacers and 2 spinners is what you need on a flat track.

cc2003btw said:
So far our team is almost guarenteed to be:

Strauss
Trescothick
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
G Jones
Giles
Udal
Hoggard
Harmison

That seems pretty strong to me, and Multan is set to be a batting wicket, its flat as anything, and theres no grass at all. Hoggard practiced on the side wicket, and the ball didn't bounce above his knee. So Bell is a good choice, and i reckon he's going to make his mark.

Thats a good lineup.

He is not having that much confidence if he needs to ask his wife about that. But I think he will do fine.

Users who are viewing this thread