England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Trescothick left a straight one, Bell played a very bad shot and I can't remember Strauss. Naved did indeed bowl well throughout the match, however, Shoaib went for 61 runs from 11 overs in the 2nd innings. Yes, he got 3 wickets, but going for that many doesn't say he bowled well. Still credit to Pakistan, you were better than us in the 2nd test!

Hope this doesn't sound like i'm making excuses...

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
stevie said:
Trescothick left a straight one, Bell played a very bad shot and I can't remember Strauss. Naved did indeed bowl well throughout the match, however, Shoaib went for 61 runs from 11 overs in the 2nd innings. Yes, he got 3 wickets, but going for that many doesn't say he bowled well. Still credit to Pakistan, you were better than us in the 2nd test!

Hope this doesn't sound like i'm making excuses...
Strauss played one into the stumps...again. You forgot to mention the delivery that got Vaughan out. I thought that Shoaib bowled better with the new ball. He was all out attacking (even when Freddie and KP were playing well) and the fields weren't set up to stop any runs, which is why he gave up more runs, IMO. Still, Naved bowled great and didn't give up many runs.

Remember, I was only referring to the bitter ones who stopped believing in God after England lost. :p

EDIT: New ICC player rankings! :D Also Flintoff moves upto #4 in bowlers.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
scorpion_rulezz said:
Sad news for Pakistan
Younis Khan to miss final Test
http://content.cricinfo.com/pakveng/content/story/227411.html

Probables
Hasan Raza for Afridi
Asim Kamal for Younis
Mohd. Asif for Sami
Yes I heard that just now. If they play Raza again, they'll need a swift kick up the arse. That guy was useless in the first test. Then again, not sure who else could play.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I feel bad for Younis Khan. He has already lost his father this year and now his brother. I hope he comes back strong.

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
nightprowler10 said:
Yes I heard that just now. If they play Raza again, they'll need a swift kick up the arse. That guy was useless in the first test. Then again, not sure who else could play.
yeah :( , may be Yasir Hameed will play...i think Hasan Raza should be given one more chance to prove his worth as he showed up in the warm up match but last test match is so much important for Pakistan,they couldn't take more chances as 2 to 3 key players are already missing in the lineup :eek: also they haven't got much options too :noway
Sqaud for last Test match
Pakistan
Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Yousuf, Asim Kamal, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Sami, Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Mushtaq Ahmed, Shoaib Akhtar, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Hasan Raza, Mohammad Asif

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
They may include Hameed. He made 174 runs in a match that just happened.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Yasir hameed has had his chances. He is not good enough. His technique is too weak and English bowlers will make mince meat of him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pak_cricketer said:
two changes have been confirmed...

Mohd.Asif for Mohd.Sami
Kamal for Afridi

Good to see Asif get a shot. He has already given England nightmares before. May be this will continue into the test arena.

Sad to see Khan lose another one of his family members.
Word I have is Asim Kamal at number three and Hasan Raza at six. No replacement has been called up yet.

Article here

Last edited:

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Well there are hints that Hasan Raza could be in the 3rd test but it's not final yet as Pakistan are also thinking of Yasir Hameed, who scored 174 in a domestic game. I personally would go with Yasir because Raza doesn't look as good.. My team would be this:

1) Malik
2) Butt
3) Yasir
4) Yousuf
5) Inzamam
6) Kamal
7) Akmal
8) Rana
9) Akthar
10) Asif
11) Kaneria

3 pacers would be good as it does seem like a seamers pitch, and 1 leggie and 1 offie would do great aswell. Hoping to see a fine contest bettween these two teams as they are both missing some crucial players.

dazza76

Club Cricketer
I have always been aware that Inzamam-ul-Haq is a quality batsman but this series he has been absolutely superb.
He does not look like an athlete and his body langauage is quite reserved but he has all the tools that you would expect of a master craftsman.
Pakistan you have a treasure and his name should go down with the all time greats of Pakistani cricket.

dazza76

Club Cricketer
Pak_cricketer said:
Actually since Bob Woolmer came everyones fitness has been superb, and I am surprised that Inzi runs really fast now.

Especially when the umpire calls lunch :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread