England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he only bowled 180 overs last year for lancashire thats the problem. lack of bowling.

I think if you gave anderson the option and if he knew what he knows now (he can't hit the same spot twice, a consistant length), he would rather live with a greater risk of injury than have changed his action

Anderson just needs cricket. He's out of practise, and it shows. England should send him back to Lancashire and let him get half a season of regular cricket before the summer.

yeh only 2 months until the start of the county season over here. the thing that worries me is his run up, it has no control just 'a get there asap' ring about it

5th ODI at East London delayed till 1.30 Uk time 3.30 RSA time.

RSA won toss and are batting first unchanged.

Hoggard and solanki in for harmison and bell.

I know it was an experiment, but I don't see the logic in playing Jones at 2 with Solanki at 6. Solanki is better at opening than Jones.

I'd rather see England chasing than setting. They're rubbish at setting run-rates, at least batting second they'll know exactly what they need.

Well a good performance from South Africa. Albeit with the boundrys brought in a long way it was always going to be a high scoring game.

England need to rethink their selection policy. Kabir Ali just doesnt look good enough, if you cant bowl a few yorkers at the end of the innings then you really shouldnt be playing for your nation at pro odi level. Gough was again a great example of how to bowl. Kemp just lays into Kabir, you dont see him doing that to gough though. How many times will England bowl length at the death, not good enough :rolleyes:

Wow!Kemp is smashing you poms!!!!311,thats gonna take some getting.Graem Smith batted well,and Kemp.....well I'm speachless,we love u Justin Kemp :hpraise
Good bowling by Gough though,he's the only bowler who didn't get smashed.

Yes, Kempy just keeps getting better and beter, hitting it further and further. Go S.A go!!

Apart from his first and last overs, Kabir Ali didn't bowl too badly. 66 runs of 9 overs looks bad, but his middle 7 overs went for just 21.

If anybody on this side should be dropped it's Hoggard.

5th ODI

Toss: South Africa

South Africa 311/7 (50 ov) (Smith 115*, Kemp 80) (Gough 3/52)
England 304/7 (50 ov) (Vaughan 70, Pietersen 100*)

Result: South Africa won by 7 runs.

Man of the Match: J.Kemp

Series: South Africa leads the 7-ODI series 3-1

Well England did well to make a close match of it. A top notch innings from Pieterson, even better than the knock Kemp played. In the end our top 4 batsmen's strike rate was to low, we didnt use the first 15 overs very well with a run rate of 3.5.

Users who are viewing this thread