England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The_gas said:
South Africa just have what it takes to beat a team of Bangladesh material :)
Doesn't say much about the English team,does it then???
Gibbs played superbly with Kallis again and Kemp killed you guys.So many sixes,but its not over yet.England have the likes of Trescothick,Collingwood and Pietersen,but it is going to have to be a great run chace.

I think its safe to say that SA are back though. :cheer

I disagree. You're playing a very poor ODI side as I've said consistently in this thread. On top of that Flintoff is back home and Harmison has forgotton how to bowl. I think SA are playing well but don't over-estimate the achievement of beating England at One Day Cricket.

South African cricket is back, only our test cricket to click back , then we will rule the cricket yet again

I don't think its right to say SA cricket is back yet, but its definately improving all the time. It will really pick up IF the selectors, pick a side on merit, instead of picking players like Ashwell Prince and Adam Bacher for the one day squad. From what i've heard (which may be wrong) Prince is averaging under 20 in domestic one-day cricket this year! Why Klusener wasn't picked atleast for his bowling, no one knows. For the test's, I think they just about got it right for the final test.

Ashwell didn't bat all that badly today and in the series,so I think that he can stay for I while,but surely Rudolf is a better call.

Great win for SA by the way.We need this to boost our confidence and to have a chance of beating the Aussies at the years end.

It is true about Rudolph and Prince, but Kemps batting has been good to, you can't doubt that. All we need is for his bowling to gain a bit of pace and he should then be an integral part of the side. (my opinion)

4th ODI

Toss: England

South Africa 291/5 (50 ov) (Gibbs 100, Kallis 71, Kemp 57)
England 183 (41.2 ov) (Pietersen 75) (Ntini 3/29)

Result: South Africa won by 108 runs

Man of the Match: HH Gibbs

Series: South Africa leads the 7-ODI series 2-1

5th ODI - South Africa vs England

9 Feb @ East London

Odds:

South Africa - 8/11
England - 11/10

Bets will be accepted until 12:00 GMT on 9th February and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded.

Its true Prince hasn't done a bad job is the series so far, but it was a strange decision to pick him in the first place when he hasn't had the best season in one-day cricket, with players like Rudolph and Klusener about.

Yes, thats the kind of result that I like! England trounced at Newlands yet again. S.A seem to have a decent team developing there. Justin Kemp hits the ball as far as anyone I have ever seen. Roll on the next one! :cheer

Users who are viewing this thread