England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2nd ODI

Toss: South Africa

England 270/5 (Pietersen 108)
South Africa 270/8 (Gibbs 78) (Ali 3/56)

Result: Match Tied

Man of the Match: KP Pietersen

Series: England leads the 7-ODI series 1-0

3rd ODI - South Africa vs England

4th Feb @ Port Elizabeth

Odds:

South Africa - 5/6
England - 5/6

Bets will be accepted until 12:00 GMT on 4th February and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded

What a great match,but I still cant belive we only managed a draw!We must have the record for the most draws or something.Instead of celebrating after hitting the four,Boucher should have finished the job off.Pietersen played well,but i hate him more now for being such a backstabber.Excellent play by Gibbs and Kallis,well paced.

What I am happy about is the way Kemp batted.He hits the ball hard in the domestic competition,but I wasn't sure if he could do the same under pressure.He did well with a huge six and another one before getting out to an excelent delivery.

Dont agree with the comment that SA don't have what it takes though.......

South Africa just have what it takes to beat a team of Bangladesh material :)

squiz said:
hmmm.....................you really think they could beat Bangladesh? :p

Now i've said this watch them win the game today :rolleyes:

3rd ODI

Toss: England

England 267/8 (50 ov) (Solanki 66) (Ntini 3/58, Nel 3/49)
South Africa 270/7 (49.1 ov) (Smith 105, Gibbs 50)

Result: South Africa won by 3 wickets

Man of the Match: G.Smith

Series: 7 ODI series level at 1-1

4th ODI - South Africa vs England

6 Feb @ Cape Town

Odds:

South Africa - 5/6
England - 5/6

Bets will be accepted until 07:30 GMT on 6th February and bets will be settled once the one day match is over. In the case of a drawn match due to the weather or a tie, all bets will be refunded

That was absolutely the worst piece of cricket I've ever seen in my life. And I've been watching England for a long time.

With 15 overs to go, 8 an over would have got England to 300. They mananged to hit two boundaries in the last 12 overs and finished on 267. Foul one-day batting.

It was only beaten by England's bowling effort at the end. Not ONE yorker in the last five overs. Nonsense fields and four overs of half-volleys and long hops.

Did they actually decide that would be the best way to win?

For a professional, world class cricket team they do a terrific impression of a bunch of talentless amateurs with no clue what they're doing.

Trescothick said:
That was absolutely the worst piece of cricket I've ever seen in my life. And I've been watching England for a long time.

With 15 overs to go, 8 an over would have got England to 300. They mananged to hit two boundaries in the last 12 overs and finished on 267. Foul one-day batting.

It was only beaten by England's bowling effort at the end. Not ONE yorker in the last five overs. Nonsense fields and four overs of half-volleys and long hops.

Did they actually decide that would be the best way to win?

For a professional, world class cricket team they do a terrific impression of a bunch of talentless amateurs with no clue what they're doing.

Half-volley's normally signal's they are trying to bowl yorkers because they are pitching it up, and if you've tried to yourself, its not actually that easy to get right. I also think its abit unfair to call them talentless amateurs.

This is a England side that has been on tour since December, a England side that had a simply amazing summer, a England side that reached the final of the Champions Trophy.

Every side has a bad day, even Australia. Look at their game that got rained off against the West Indies, they were getting battered. Every team has a bad day, so just give them a break and look at the positives that this England side has come up with.

Plus, well done South Africa on their win.

I can tell you that was a cracker of a match , why do South Africa always take it down to the wire!, Smith was great!.Im still not happy with the way we played , we are still pathetic and we need to up our game , England played becuase they got the same ilness that South Africa has ,play bad!.Its a victory non the less , but I can tell u it wasnt a very convincing one , sunday will be the big test if South Africa can play cricket

Hi!
England were defeated by three wickets in the third one-day international against South Africa, learning that nobody is invincible. Well played South Africa, and now concentrate on Sunday's fourth match. It's only 1-1 and it could go either way.

COME ON ENGLAND

Shevchenko said:
I can tell you that was a cracker of a match , why do South Africa always take it down to the wire!, Smith was great!.Im still not happy with the way we played , we are still pathetic and we need to up our game , England played becuase they got the same ilness that South Africa has ,play bad!.Its a victory non the less , but I can tell u it wasnt a very convincing one , sunday will be the big test if South Africa can play cricket

lol, these tight finished don't do the heart any good!

Well played SA. They were absolutely cruising before losing crucial wickets but definitely showed good strength of charactor to close it out. It was one of those games for England where they didn't play at their best but still had good chances to win it. If the first few games are anything to go by this is going to be a fantastic series.

stevie said:
Half-volley's normally signal's they are trying to bowl yorkers because they are pitching it up, and if you've tried to yourself, its not actually that easy to get right. I also think its abit unfair to call them talentless amateurs.

I do play myself, and it's difficult to get the length right consistently. But there wasn't a single ball in the block-hole in the last 5 overs. That is rank bad bowling.

They aren't talentless amateurs, they just did a great impression of them at the end.

This is a England side that has been on tour since December, a England side that had a simply amazing summer, a England side that reached the final of the Champions Trophy.

No excuses. Gough and Ali didn't play in the test series so they can't be tired. From Gough especially it was **** poor bowling from someone experienced enough to know better.

Every side has a bad day, even Australia. Look at their game that got rained off against the West Indies, they were getting battered. Every team has a bad day, so just give them a break and look at the positives that this England side has come up with.

Every side does have a bad day, but that doesn't mean mistakes don't need to be addressed. England's batting and bowling tactics at the end of both innings were a shambles. It's not good enough to dismiss it as a bad day. It shouldn't have been a bad day, and wouldn't have been had they thought about what they were doing.

Plus, well done South Africa on their win.

I agree, South Africa played very well and thoroughly deserved to win.

I think they have missed vaughan badly in the field for both odi's

Users who are viewing this thread