England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
barmyarmy said:
Ok. My team for first ODI:
Tresco
Solanki (Bell)
Strauss
Vaughan
Pieterson
Collingwood
G Jones
Giles
Hoggard
S Jones
Gough (Kabir Ali)

The ones in brackets are the ones I would like to see come in if the others fail. I'm leaving Harmison out for the moment. He may be physically fit again but I think he needs a bit longer mentally.

i think he just needs a rest back home.

Morne van Wyk would be a good inclusion, but the whole imbalancement in the team will arise, considering he is an opening batsman. Who would be dropped to include him?

Shevchenko said:
i must say im proud it took an sa batsmen twice (Strauss and pieterson) to have defeated us

What is Strauss' link to England? All I know about him is that he was born in South Africa.

As for Kevin Pieterson, while he has only just become eligible for England, he
does have a English mother. I think SA should just respect his choice and concentrate on getting him out rather than trying to make silly remarks during the games, obviously didn't effect him during the SA 'A' match.

its just like Smith said on a news report today that they wont be singling pieterson out, they are not worried about him , he likes attention but he can go seek it by another place, who cares about him, if he wants to play for england we will treat him like a normal English player , but if he does want us to know and give him attention , u will stil treat him as a english player

Maxkarter said:
Morne van Wyk would be a good inclusion, but the whole imbalancement in the team will arise, considering he is an opening batsman. Who would be dropped to include him?

Thats true , who would we drop , thats hard!

barmyarmy said:
They don't have to open with De Villiers.

But we can't just drop him either. Maybe a trial run instead of Rudolph, which is why Bacher also doesn't make sense where do we slot him in?

In a way, it's similar to England, for ODI's Strauss will bat in the middle order, Vaughan doesn't open anymore, in tests, Key, bats at 3 and he's a opener. I'd still like to see Strauss open in ODI's. He and Trescothick have got a good understanding. This means dropping Solanki, who is far too liable to do something stupid, then we can have Pietersen and Bell play, in which there is an extra bowling option.

Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
G Jones
Giles
S Jones
Gough
Hoggard (Number 11 because, if he was required towards the end of an innings he'd be too defensive)

stevie said:
As for Kevin Pieterson, while he has only just become eligible for England, he
does have a English mother. I think SA should just respect his choice and concentrate on getting him out rather than trying to make silly remarks during the games, obviously didn't effect him during the SA 'A' match.

I feel sorry for him when Andre Nel gets stuck into him though.

Smith caught Strauss b Gough 1

SA Team for today:

Smith
Gibbs
Kallis
Bacher
Prince
Kemp
Boucher
Pollock
Boje
Ntini
Nel

AARGH!

Gibbs caught Pietersen b Hoggard 2

Bacher b Hoggard 4

Fow 19-3

11:08 local time

Kallis caught Jones b Ali

Last edited:
Update

England have built an early lead now. It's 9:30am English time, and South Africa 50-5. Loved the wicket of Bacher, I like clunking the stumps.

I'm watching on Sky Sports 2, keep flicking from my PC to my TV!

C'mon, England :D

Collingwood took a tumble in his delivery stride and was then hit on the wrist with the ball. I wonder what Vaughan is going to do...

South Africa 72-5

10:04am English time

Skateboarder2 said:
Collingwood took a tumble in his delivery stride and was then hit on the wrist with the ball. I wonder what Vaughan is going to do...

South Africa 72-5

10:04am English time
By the looks of this game they wont need his services

Users who are viewing this thread