England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How long is Flintoff expected to be out for after the operation?
I've heard it's a couple of months but didn't Glenn McGrath have the sam opp and was out for ages?

Also, which program do you use to create the Fab Four picture by Stevie or, (my personal favourite), the gases Mathew hoggard cuban cigars pic?

Last edited:
I'm using Microsoft picture it! Photo 7.0 at the moment while I learn how to use Photoshop. Be good when I do get use to Photoshop because its got so much more stuff you can do.

Rangeela said:
hmmm...well as from a very giving family I give all of you rep points who have predicted the outcome of the series right.:)
Thanks Mate! :clap :cool: :)

Team selection for England's 1 day matches in South Africa

What do we all think off England's 1 day team then, personally i think a few changes should be made if we want to win the majority of the 7 matches.

The team selection is as follows:
M Vaughan
V Solanki
A Strauss
M Trescothick
M Hoggard
D Gough
A Wharf
S Harmison
P Collingwood
G Jones
A Giles
K Pietersen
S Jones
I Bell
J Anderson
G Batty
K Ali

From the list above i feel that people such as Harmison and Anderson should not be in the squads because they have been underperforming and above all Harmison is not match fit.

reply with your opinion and who else you would like to see in the squad

harmison won't be playing for the first couple of one day internationals anyway because of a calf injury.

I agree that anderson should be dropped, he should be sent back to england and play county cricket for the up and coming season

My XI would be:

Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
G Jones
Giles
Wharf
S Jones/Gough
Hoggard

While Simon Jones hasn't played much one day cricket, he's played more competitive cricket than the likes of Kabir Ali, Alex Wharf, Darren Gough and James Anderson (Anderson should go home, have a good pre season work out and play a season of county cricket). If Jones doesn't play, then Gough, because he played in Zimbabwe. I'd like to see Strauss open in ODI's, just because he's played so well opening the batting, and he's a opener anyway. Solanki out because he's not consistant enough in my opinion, and is prone to giving his wicket away. Perfect time, with Flintoff out, to give the likes of Bell and Pietersen a go against a good team (they've only played against Zimbabwe and Namibia). Flintoff not being there is a huge problem bowling wise, we need the likes of Collingwood, Bell, Pietersen and Trescothick to bowl the remaining overs, although Vaughan can do a super job too.

Last edited:
Let the games begin!

The Test Series beautifully won 2-1 by England, now for the One Day Internationals. First on Sunday. Six to follow.

Sa team
De Villiers
Gibbs
Kallis
Smith
Rudolf
Kemp/Dippenaar
Boucher
Pollock
Boje
Ntini
Nel/Langeveld

Gibbsrules, excuse me but, where on earth do you come with Kemp in the SA squad, plus he has just had an injury....

SA A busy thrashing England whoohooo! :cheer

van Wyk 104

SA A total 252

Eng currently 78/3

hope that the A side will win!

Users who are viewing this thread