England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea of course i want us to win the series, but when we come out to bat like this we always get oursleves into trouble. We have mainly attacking players and when we try to play defensive and block every ball we lose wickets. England should be a little more attacking i kinda agree with squiz tho it does sadden me :crying

As an englishman you never want to agree with an Australian, and as an Australian you never want to agree with with an Englishman. You can safely say now though England will get the draw, I doubt they will lose 7 wickets in 13 overs as much as I'd like them to

Edit: Sorry they just lost a wicket, so 6 wickets in 12 overs

You can tell things were really winding down when in the Talksport commentary box, Robin Jackman asked "Do teams get fined for slow run-rate?" :D

Well done England - a good win and some good and bad cricket played by both sides.

The way the umpires have been getting the weather wrong, it just had to end in bad light really!

Can I just say what an enthralling series that was and well done to us! Huge credit to the South Africans for putting up a big fight and making it such a good series.

5th Test Result

South Africa 1st Inning 247 (Villiers 92) (Flintoff 4/44, SP Jones 4/47)
England 1st Inning 359 (Thorpe 86, Flintoff 77) (Nel 6/81)
South Africa 2nd Inning 296/6 declare (Villiers 109, Kallis 136*)(Flintoff 2/46)
England 73/4 2nd Inning (Ntini 3/12)

Result: Match drawn

Man of the Match: AB de Villiers
Man of the Series: AJ Strauss

Series: England leads the 5-Test series 2-1

Congrats to the members who predicted the outcome of the series right. They are:

aditya123, gold639, Horo, Karan_rvd, KiwiSendu, preet, rahulk666, Shake_12, stevie, themuel1, The_gas, youngguy1992, ZoraxDoom

Congrats to England team for winning in SA after a long time. I think they have won a test series in SA after some 30+ years. England right now is the second best Test team in the world. Flintoff and especially Strauss had a dream series. Congrats to them. I hope Flintoff has a speedy recovery from the planned surgery. England need him more than anyone else to take on the Aussies in the Ashes. Hoping for a tight Ashes Series this time around. :)

Yes,well done to England but a good fight by SA.Both sides have had players struggling for form and it took SA a long time to put together a good side but a good series all in all,now just the ODI's.

Yep, well played England; 4th series win on the trot :cool: . Also, credit to SA who made the series a very close affair; some good performances throughout the 5 Tests on both sides, especially as those 5 Tests were played in 40 days in some stifling conditions. Well played to all :clap.

We won!! Time to celebrate.

Good performance by both teams. England unlucky to have not won the Durban test. South Africa have shown a lot of spirit in this series, and are always a tough nut to crack in their own backyard.

Well done England!! Fine performance by everyone. Harmison, Anderson have been out of form, but I am sure they will perform well in the future.

Its a time to celebrate. This is no ordinary achievement. England are only the second team to beat the Proteas at home since their readmission to cricket. Fantastic!!

Bring on the Aussies!!

Rangeela said:
Congrats to the members who predicted the outcome of the series right. They are:

aditya123, gold639, Horo, Karan_rvd, KiwiSendu, preet, rahulk666, Shake_12, stevie, themuel1, The_gas, youngguy1992, ZoraxDoom
Do we get some sort of prize?

Well, after the performance in this last test, hopefully our selectors can decide on a test team, and stop chopping and chinging the side all the time!

And hopefully we have a consistent and a strong ODI team

Onward to the ODI's!

Congrats to England! SA messed up a bit with selections in earlier tests but England were the better team in the end. :boxing

ZoraxDoom said:
Do we get some sort of prize?
hmmm...well as from a very giving family I give all of you rep points who have predicted the outcome of the series right.:)

Last but not least I congrats all the English fans here for winning a series. It was a good performance by both teams. I hope to see the ODI series as interesting as the Test series.

Users who are viewing this thread