England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They've set you 184 runs to win at less than 4 1/2 runs an over- thats an absolute gift

Last edited:
brad352 said:
They've set you 184 runs to win at less than 4 1/2 runs an over- thats an absolute gift
Yea....if it was an ODI.......just have ta treat the match as one......

Certainly if they want a 3-1 win they'll go for it. If we do win the match, I think Jacques Kallis may have to watch out for some very angry South Africans around he ground. Not that i'm complaining. oooooops Strauss gone.

ZoraxDoom said:
Yea....if it was an ODI.......just have ta treat the match as one......
Bearing in mind that it's a fifth day pitch- still not all that difficult though

brad352 said:
Bearing in mind that it's a fifth day pitch- still not all that difficult though
True.....but it is kinda like an ODI on the Mumbai pitch........

And, unfortunately, you can shut up shop and go for a draw

England RR: 1.25

Yeah, I'd rather they played it safe to start with tbh. Score at 3.5 an over and then set ourselves up for a 40 minute blitz at the end.

If you were 2 for with 40 minutes left your blitz would be conducted with about 6 men on the boundary

andrew_nixon said:
But with no fielding restrictions, more relaxed rules on wides..... it's a lot tougher than an ODI.
Just get a four every couple of overs, if they put all their men on the fence just push for or five singles an over, not that hard at all.

Pretty soft from the English boys, they could have at least tried, and if they lost a few wickets then shut up shop :(

Well we dont want to lose in a few hours, what we have worked hard for in the last month and a half. We cannot let slip this 2-1 lead!

But still 3-1 is definately not ruled out!

Users who are viewing this thread