England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Superb performance from england. Flintoff has been outstanding today, how we will miss him in the one dayers.

I can't believe it! Another batting collapse by SA.We can't really judge though until both teams have batted,but I like to give credit where credits due,great bowling by Flintoff.I also feel for AB De Villiers.A great innings by him.

Hopefully SA will come out possitive and get early wickets tomorrow.I'm looking forward to seeing Nel bowl as he is very agressive.

I think tomorrow will decide the series. For SA to have any chance they have to be batting again tomorrow night.

Gibbsrules said:
I can't believe it! Another batting collapse by SA.We can't really judge though until both teams have batted,but I like to give credit where credits due,great bowling by Flintoff.I also feel for AB De Villiers.A great innings by him.

Hopefully SA will come out possitive and get early wickets tomorrow.I'm looking forward to seeing Nel bowl as he is very agressive.

Yes, was a very good performance by de Villiers from what I listened too, didn't seem in any trouble until he reached the 90's.

Good stuff from Freddie, especially as he's a cripple at the moment! Jones with the important wickets of the dangerous Boucher and Boje, plus Ntini at the end. Had the last wicket too I believe but bowled a no ball! :rolleyes:

Lol me to! i cant wait because id love to see the newbie trying to stand up to our batsmen, the senior player will always win so it will be hillarious

stevie said:
SA 247-9

Flintoff 4-44
S Jones 3-47

Bad light stopped play........WOOHOO! Another day closer to a series win!

Well curse the bad light.....I want a 3-1 win.

Having said that, I really liked the way young De Villiers played. Seems to have developed a liking for Steve Harmison.

Whats up with Harmy??....is bowling as bad as you can bowl at the moment!!

Will p said:
Lol me to! i cant wait because id love to see the newbie trying to stand up to our batsmen, the senior player will always win so it will be hillarious

Nel is a very good bowler who has 10 caps and success against England at both ODI and Test level. He's also spent a season with Northants. I'd rather be facing Dale Steyn to be honest. As for the senior players always winning look at what happened in Langveldt's first game.
In this series SA have has only two bowlers who have really performed. If Hall, Nel or Kallis can step up tomorrow and afford them decent support it's going to be very tricky for England.

I think the coaches must be wondering whats up with Harmy. I think if they did, Troy Cooley would've sorted him out by now. I'd hope so anyway.......

Harmison has assistance on English pitches, with the ball keeping low, and on West Indian pitches, bouncy green tops, but he won't have any fun on batting tracks of South Africa or Dustbowls of India........

I disagree. He's had pitches to suit him in SA, he just hasn't put it in the right areas. In addition he's been the unluckiest bowler on tour in terms of dropped catches.

barmyarmy said:
I disagree. He's had pitches to suit him in SA, he just hasn't put it in the right areas
That is because the other pitches helped him in pitching the ball short. It seemed he didn't know how to pitch the ball up. But it is true catches have been dropped, but that is not the only way to get wickets..............

5th Test Stumps Day 2

England won the toss and elected to field first

South Africa 1st Inning 247/9 (Villiers 92) (Flintoff 4/44, Jones 3/47)

Revised Odds

South Africa - 4/1
Draw - 10/11
England - 13/8

Betting will be open until 23rd January at 7:30am GMT.

I can't believe it,another thunderstorm.Typical Highveld weather.The test is drifting away from SA now and they were bowling so well.Sa are going to have to bat like a ODI game whe it's time for them to bat.

Whats with the umpires bringing them on for one over?

Yeah that was a pretty insane decision especially as when they announced they were going back on in 30 mins the conditions were fine. I'd have liked to have seen a result in this match but I can see England taking their time tomorrow and guarenteeing the draw.

Users who are viewing this thread