England in South Africa

what will be the possible outcome of Test series?

• South Africa wins 5-0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa wins 4-0, 4-1

• South Africa wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

• South Africa wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Drawn 0-0,1-1,2-2

• England wins 1-0,2-1,3-2

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • England wins 2-0,3-0,3-1

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • England wins 4-0, 4-1

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • England wins 5-0

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZoraxDoom said:
Harmison has assistance on English pitches, with the ball keeping low, and on West Indian pitches, bouncy green tops, but he won't have any fun on batting tracks of South Africa or Dustbowls of India........

Dude he is just having a bad time. If he had performed in this series as well, then we would have won it 5-0.

Well maybe he is storing his best for the biggest event in Cricket (For me, its bigger than a World Cup), the Ashes.

I agree about The Ashes being the biggest event in cricket, especially after the resurgence of test cricket. But a few years ago, I think it was the World Cup. But with the new brand of aggressive test cricket and more results, I think a lot of significant rivalries will develop in test cricket...for example: Ind vs Pak, Eng vs Aus, Aus vs Ind, Ban vs Zim :P

Let's hope hehe.

True, but for the hardcore cricket followers Test cricket wins any day. ODI cricket can swing either way and is not necessarily the judge of the better team. ODI cricket depends on luck whereas the probability of getting lucky 5 days in a week in a row is a little less. That said, without ODI cricket there would be no interest in cricket and you're right...there would be no cricket. :P

Thorpe and Freddie looked to have got us out of trouble and now Geraint Jones is hitting it to all parts (well, mid wicket to be precise :))

Surely it's all over now.It would take a miracle for SA to win.
Great aggressive bowling by Andre Nel,I really enjoyed Thorpes wicket,but credit to the English batsmen for digging themselves out of trouble.

Gibbsrules said:
...Great aggressive bowling by Andre Nel...
Do you not think he went a bit over the top yesterday, but he seemed to calm down a bit today and bowled much better. I agree the ball that got Thorpe was superb; I just think that giving the batsman verbals after every ball is just too much.
It could be another tight finish to round off a great series. The two sides are pretty evenly matched, especially since SA started picking their best team. I reckon the draw is still favourite for this one though.

5th Test Stumps Day 4

South Africa 1st Inning 247 (Villiers 92) (Flintoff 4/44, SP Jones 4/47)
England 1st Inning 359 (Thorpe 86, Flintoff 77) (Nel 6/81)
South Africa 2nd Inning 59/2 (Flintoff 2/18)

South Africa trail by 53 runs with 8 wickets remaining

England are clearly the better team. South Africa maybe worthy of a higher test rating tho. Im gonna stick my nose out and say england will win this one. They better do i have bet 30 rep points and this and we lose pretty much two days to rain ;9

Bets have reopened for 5th and Final Test with revised Odds.

South Africa - 25/1
Draw - 4/11
England - 5/2

Betting will be open until 25th January at 7:30am GMT

Well last time they played here, Hansie Cronje made sure there was a result and this time Jacques Kallis is making sure there's a draw...

Users who are viewing this thread