England in Sri Lanka March-April 2011/12

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
See? There you go again, break into the assonance and fancy words and you lose me completely.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Haha. A clever Australian would be a danger to themselves and more importantly everybody else. It's why every 10 years there's a widespread culling of the more intellectual. So far Russell Crowe is the smartest one left to live, and look at the trouble that caused :p

BBC Sport - Sri Lanka v England: Touring fans struck by dramatic ticket price rise

I don't really mind them doing it I suppose, but it does seem a bit annoying that not only are we rip off Britain, but now everyone else is realising they can rip off Britain haha

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
It's totally ridiculous. How can you possibly justify prejudice on ticket purchases? An extra few pounds won't take you off debt.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Prejudice on ticket purchases, it's more adapting to market economies and adjusting to supply and demand. That said, it does leave a bitter taste, when quite clearly the information has been kept back until everyone got there.

Clearly, they didn't want England fans knowing that an entire series would actually cost them ?250 to watch, intead of a couple of quid on top of flights, accomodation and travelling around the country.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
What's stupid is having different prices for locals and foreign fans. If you price out the locals there's no atmosphere in the stadiums.

Anyway I see Andrew Strauss has been following my comments on playing 5 bowlers and is hinting England might do it.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I fully agree, it is a balancing act, but I guess the other side of the coin is people splash the cash to go to these tours almost on the provision that ticket prices are cheap and it doesn't rapidly add to the already considerable expense. Definitely agree that blanket rising the prices is foolish if you price out the locals.

Funnily enough, they need the touring fans because it's them that bring in the tourism income and spend the big cash in various places. Not really sure where I stand on it to be honest, but definitely not keen on the clear lack of information available until everyone is already there.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, yeah without doubt, it's all trickling back to their big pockets ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if the first test is replaced with a 20-20 tournament and no DRS.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
If not telling the fans about the price change was bad enough, wait until tomorrow when the barmyarmy will find that instead of playing Day 1 of the 1st Test, the players from both teams will be distributed for DLF friendlies between CSK, RCB, Mumbo-Jumbo and Ravi's Predictable XI's.

On the bright side, the spectators will have the opportunity to have a chance of performing awesome Kamal DLF catches, having a photo with KP, and play spot the difference between the different ball-tracking technologies. Oh wait...my bad... DLF spot the difference.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Don't thank me, thank procrastination. The only time when your inner-troll takes presedence over everything else :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Haha. So you can tell I'm really supposed to be doing this 10,000 word dissertation then.

Still, it's not like I'm almost 30 and still unable to focus on a task at ha... ooo a piece of candy.

Users who are viewing this thread