England in the 90s

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That 2nd LBW decision was a shocker! You got 3 matches left before going home?

Tbh I've had worse decisions - at least the impact was only just inline.

Yep 3 more. I'll be glad when the series is over, its pretty one dimensional both sides just 4 right arm bowlers - relentless.

I've got the NZ and Indian Squads ready for the summer, and added the extra guys I'll need for England: can't wait!

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Physics still has yet to explain how he managed to show up to the 1992 world cup with the body of a 45 year old truck driver, yet post stats that said he was harder to score off than Wasim Akram and only slightly less deadly.

I think it was his aura, similar to Warne after his shoulder went. He couldn’t bowl a proper flipper but invented terms like slider, zooter etc. all for the same delivery: a flipper with none of the pace, and people still got themselves all messed up in the head.

botham was similar, probably nobody has a better strike or economy rate from wide long hops. Balls that for other bowlers would be crashed to fence people would pop up to the fielder. Just cuz it was Botham delivering, the batsman got themselves all worked up.[DOUBLEPOST=1581495215][/DOUBLEPOST]Had a couple of days off as I’ve been busy. Played the first inns of 3rd test, will do a write up soon. Was a shocker!

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh and while we're on. Here's a couple of Bothams (there isn't a good mullett) for his glorious, chubby comeback next year.

View attachment 229771

View attachment 229772

I wish they didnt blink though..

It baffles me how you can have a cricket game without an option for a mullet; a sharp, Brylcreemed side parting; a short, receding hairline with one of those hair-peninsula things in the middle or a baldy on top with a ring of hair above the ears. That excludes nearly 90% of the white men that have ever played the game.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It baffles me how you can have a cricket game without an option for a mullet; a sharp, Brylcreemed side parting; a short, receding hairline with one of those hair-peninsular things in the middle or a baldy on top with a ring of hair above the ears. That excludes nearly 90% of the white men that have ever played the game.
Couldn’t agree more.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
It baffles me how you can have a cricket game without an option for a mullet; a sharp, Brylcreemed side parting; a short, receding hairline with one of those hair-peninsular things in the middle or a baldy on top with a ring of hair above the ears. That excludes nearly 90% of the white men that have ever played the game.

Pisses me off no end tbh. It shouldn't be harder to sort a hairstyle out than it is to model a whole teams faces.

And the hair peninsula you're referring to is known as a Weetabix up here, owing to Alan Shearer :lol

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
3rd Test - Port of Spain, Trinidad
Umpires - Lloyd Barker and Clyde Cumberbatch
Debutant - Ezra Moseley, West Indies
Series is tied 1-1
Selection controversy divides the Caribbean. With veteran Malcolm Marshall unavailable, Ezra Moseley is given his debut at the age of 32. Moseley had burst onto the scene in the early 80s, got injured then joined the rebel tour and was banned for life from Caribbean cricket, a ban only rescinded in 1989. The selection has sparked huge debate across the Caribbean and indeed the cricketing world. Also into the side comes Gus Logie, replacing injured captain Viv Richards. England make one enforced change of their own, Rob Bailey replacing the injured Nasser Hussain.

England win the toss and Graham Gooch has no hesitation in batting first.

And then this happened...

Ho hum!

Users who are viewing this thread