Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Again, i hope that Rashid gets a game. I have never seen him bowl.
Out of interest what are you basing your campaign on if you've never seen him bowl? Please tell me its not based on how good he is on International Cricket Captain :eek: He has good potential but I think its fairly obvious that he needs some more domestic cricket or Lions cricket under his belt. He probably would have been better off in New Zealand than touring the Windies.

Pleased to see that Amjad was economical in the match. His problem has always been that he tries to bowl too fast and then he loses control and of course oversteps. Looking at the scorecard I did see quite a few no balls and suspect they came from him though. Hope he does get another chance because he was clearly nervous and tried too hard in the test on a wicket that, let's face it, didn't exactly help the bowlers averages.

KP, I'm not sure why they dumped JT so readily either. He's not a great taker of wickets but can do a decent OD bowling job. As Tuffers would say, has a bit of F and G. Good in the field too. Decent slip fielder and has a rocket arm.

Yea, Tredwell would be choice to back-up Swann & Patel. But as it is, I reckon we'd have to go without a spinner.

And though Shah had a poor test series, he's been our 2nd best atsman in odi's for a while so we can't drop him.

I'd go:
Strauss (c)
Bopara
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Shah
Prior (wk)
Mascarenhas
Broad
Harmison/Khan
Anderson

Though it seems Patel couldn't walk into side, he could certainly waddle into it, I don't have high expectations for this series tbh.

Can I ask why all 3 teams posted contain the opening keeper/batsman batting at 7-8?

Out of interest what are you basing your campaign on if you've never seen him bowl? Please tell me its not based on how good he is on International Cricket Captain :eek: He has good potential but I think its fairly obvious that he needs some more domestic cricket or Lions cricket under his belt. He probably would have been better off in New Zealand than touring the Windies.

Pleased to see that Amjad was economical in the match. His problem has always been that he tries to bowl too fast and then he loses control and of course oversteps. Looking at the scorecard I did see quite a few no balls and suspect they came from him though. Hope he does get another chance because he was clearly nervous and tried too hard in the test on a wicket that, let's face it, didn't exactly help the bowlers averages.

KP, I'm not sure why they dumped JT so readily either. He's not a great taker of wickets but can do a decent OD bowling job. As Tuffers would say, has a bit of F and G. Good in the field too. Decent slip fielder and has a rocket arm.

Lol, well maybe Munday should be in the squad too, and what happened to Shantry. ;)

I have to say Themer that's a pretty good side and my head would agree with that, however my hearts keeps telling me to find a place for Rashid. :rolleyes:

Lol, Id like to see how a team based on ICC would go. Rashid would be a shoe in Monty would be straight back in and of course James Harris would be straight in there.

My real Team would go as follows;

Strauss
Bopara
Pietersen
Shah
Collingwood
Prior
Mascarenhas
Swann
Broad
Anderson
Harmison

Themer added 32 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Steven Davies brought in, wasn't expecting that the rest of the team as I would have thought.

Themer added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Good to see Lloyd back to commentate for the ODIs. Easily my favourite commentator.

Can I ask why all 3 teams posted contain the opening keeper/batsman batting at 7-8?
More to the point, why do the teams contain the wicket-keeper who was quite humorously named "The Human Polo Mint" in today's Sunday Times at all :p

Fine, ignore me. If it makes your point, why don't you just deny my existance all together. I've had enough of you, Nigel and this whole forum, ARGH! (Think your all wise enough to know a smiley is not necessary here)

Colly looked out LBW then but they haven't shown a replay so maybe not.

Themer added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

It was out plumb, makes up for the KP decision I supose.

Colly looked out LBW then but they haven't shown a replay so maybe not.

now Benn gets robbed, makes it even.

Strauss really looks out of it in 20/20s. and as I say there goes Dimi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread