Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Flintoff will be fit. Harmison'll probably go back to Durham and regain the Harmison fire that we saw last season. Jones won't be fit but might get shoved in unfit if we're going particularly badly. Monty's not going to be the spinner, that'll be Swann. Sidebottom won't be fit either, so I imagine Mark Davies will be the man to take his spot, if he isn't the guy to take Sidey's spot, then the England selectors deserve shooting.

There's zero chance of seeing an attack of Mahmood, Sidebottom, Monty and Broad come the 1st Ashes Test. I'll cry if that attack is put out.

I wouldn't make assumptions like that Dan, they can come back to bite you. There was someone on another forum who said he would eat his own head if the new Sky Guide was released in 2009. It was released last Tuesday. He hasn't been heard of since.

If it comes back to bite me I'll cry, that's all. I just don't think there's a chance in hell that we'll see an attack of Broad, Mahmood, Sidebottom and Panesar come Cardiff. No chance at all. Sidebottom won't be fit for a start.

I believe Mark Davies will england in future but i never seen him bowl. A lot cricket people say good thing about him. Simon Jones need fit all time and fire bowling like as last year. He bowl in 90 mph that is impressive.

I thought Darren Pattinson was far more impressive then Amjad Khan. Not only did Pattinson produce way better figures but he bowled to a far better batting lineup aswell.

Amjad looks like club bowler. I hope he doesn't play in the Ashes because rubbish players will ruin the series. I'd rather see an out of form Harmison then see someone like Amjad who was never good enough.

Amjad had a far better record in domestic cricket than Pattinson last year. Neither should be playing for England though tbh, neither are good enough to be playing Test cricket. Harmison'll be back to his best after a month or so back at Durham, always seems to do it for him. Flintoff'll be back fit and firing. Jones could be fit if he has a good start with Worcester. Then we've got guys like Mark Davies who's deadly accurate, moves the ball in the air and off the seam, Graham Napier who's also very accurate, often bowls at over 90mph and has good variation, Kabir Ali who's been probably the most consistent county bowler for the past 3 years, Tim Bresnan who's got a heck of alot of potential and also offers batting, Robbie Joseph who's a genuinely quick West Indian who's qualified to play for England having played for Kent for a number of seasons, he's young, firey and takes wickets, Chris Tremlett who although had a tough season last year with injuries, is very Harmison like in his approach, a tall, hit the deck bowler who bowls at decent pace and has already had Test success, then there's a guy who's already had a decent Test career and although he has lost some of his nip and he doesn't come onto the bat as quickly as he did, Matthew Hoggard could be effective. There are so many options that offer more than Amjad and Pattinson. Pattinson should go back to tiling roofs!

Last edited:
I hope the Davies selection was a "lets see what he's like" selection. We know Strauss will open, it depends who they want to open with him. Davies, left hander, new to the team, decent record, decent player. Or, Prior, right hander, similar style, in good form with the bat, been around the side for a couple of years.

You know who I'd go for, I think I know who the selectors would go for.

Prior has only scored 1 ODI fifty in 31 innings and Davies has been superb for Worcs in the Pro40. He at least deserved a Twenty20 oppotunity, if not a chance in the couple of ODI's.

Oh yeah, go for it, it's only a T20, I'd be mystified if Prior doesn't play on Friday.

Dan, I can't believe you put Napier's name in with the others you mentioned.

There is no way Simon Jones will start the first test. I also doubt very much that he will ever play for england again, certainly not in the same team as flintoff anyway. We cannot afford to have 2 injury prone front line bowlers its just asking for problems.

My team for the next twenty20 ideally would be

Cook
Strauss
Hoggard
Bell
Rikki Clarke
Ramprakash
Snape
Nixon (WK)
Botham
Tuffnell
Pattinson

Well it's about as likely as Simon Jones playingfor us again.

Oh yeah, go for it, it's only a T20, I'd be mystified if Prior doesn't play on Friday.

Dan, I can't believe you put Napier's name in with the others you mentioned.

Why? 22 wickets at 25 last season, he's performed in New Zealand with the A side. Bowls consistently quickly (reaching speeds as high as 92mph), is incredibly accurate, has cutters and slower balls, and he's also very handy with the bat. He should certainly be considered ahead of Mahmood and Pattinson.

I think Napier is perfect in one day england . He can bowl well and batting. He can hit six a long way. I am agree with Dan :)

Why no Gatting Joe?

If Napier ever plays for England then i'll cry.

Why? Napier's a good player. He got ridiculously hyped as a batsman after 1 good innings, but it's his bowling that's his primary asset. He's genuinely quick, and unlike Harmison he actually bowls at pace in a game. He's got the accuracy and variations of a medium pacer, but bowls consistently at 90mph. He performed in the Championship last year, and has done very well in New Zealand for one of the Kiwi State sides, and for the England A's. Like I said, I'd much rather see Napes in the England side ahead of Saj bloody Mahmood.

Users who are viewing this thread