Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
man screw this, these WI selectors are as dumb as they can get.

They recalled Powell for the ODIs, dropped Benn and called up Miller. Why not just call up some club cricketers and make it really easy on England.
Why they keep taking Miller in the ODIs is beyond me, out of all the quality spinners in the Caribbean they keep selecting Miller who is probably the worst out of the lot when it comes to OD cricket.
As for Powell I think that he is there just as a cover for Edwards and Baker, or at least I hope he is. With Bravo back and Sammy and Pollard bowling some medium pace I think that Powell wont get to play. Im sure that Miller will.

here is the squad.

West Indies 1 Chris Gayle (capt), 2 Lendl Simmons, 3 Devon Smith, 4 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 5 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 6 Dwayne Bravo, 7 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 8 Darren Sammy, 9 Kieron Pollard, 10 Fidel Edwards, 11 Nikita Miller, 12 Daren Powell, 13 Lionel Baker.

Why? Napier's a good player. He got ridiculously hyped as a batsman after 1 good innings, but it's his bowling that's his primary asset. He's genuinely quick, and unlike Harmison he actually bowls at pace in a game. He's got the accuracy and variations of a medium pacer, but bowls consistently at 90mph. He performed in the Championship last year, and has done very well in New Zealand for one of the Kiwi State sides, and for the England A's. Like I said, I'd much rather see Napes in the England side ahead of Saj bloody Mahmood.

Yeah alot of us in New Zealand can't work out whyhe hasn't played for England. He is playing in the state championship again this season and he is the leading MVP candidate. I'd also say he would have to be the best bowler in the league too. Martin Crowe was talking about him during a 20/20 game and said he would walk into the NZ ODI team, so why isn't he playing for England.

man screw this, these WI selectors are as dumb as they can get.

They recalled Powell for the ODIs, dropped Benn and called up Miller. Why not just call up some club cricketers and make it really easy on England.
Why they keep taking Miller in the ODIs is beyond me, out of all the quality spinners in the Caribbean they keep selecting Miller who is probably the worst out of the lot when it comes to OD cricket.
As for Powell I think that he is there just as a cover for Edwards and Baker, or at least I hope he is. With Bravo back and Sammy and Pollard bowling some medium pace I think that Powell wont get to play. Im sure that Miller will.

I thought exclusion of Benn after his performance in the T20 a bit surprising too. Though any spinner with even a smidgeon of nouse could choke England in the middle overs

I thought exclusion of Benn after his performance in the T20 a bit surprising too. Though any spinner with even a smidgeon of nouse could choke England in the middle overs

well they did the same thing in New Zealand and Miller got owned. From what I could see Benn is a better option for the short version of the game. Millers 1st class record is way better then Benns, but Benns List A record is a little better. Seems to me that they got it the wrong way around. If I had a choice Dave Mohammed would be in ahead of both of them in ODI cricket.

True !, Monty did hitting six off murai in summer 2006
Yeh that was weird. I saw the iglights and couldn't believe it :D

Yeah alot of us in New Zealand can't work out whyhe hasn't played for England. He is playing in the state championship again this season and he is the leading MVP candidate. I'd also say he would have to be the best bowler in the league too. Martin Crowe was talking about him during a 20/20 game and said he would walk into the NZ ODI team, so why isn't he playing for England.

Trade him for McCullum.

Matthew Hoggard is the man.

This ODI series is really failed to grab my attention. Hopefully there will be a thrilling game to get it going like the game in the world cup between us. That had everything.

Davies impressed in the Twenty20 and deserves a chance for an ODI debut.

Strauss shoulad bat at four since we get a left hander in the middle order.

Batty did decently in the Twenty20 and in the warm-up game previously so he deserves a chance plus it would be risky playing Rashid in an important game when there is a more experienced alternative.

Amjad has been totally useless in the test and Twenty20's and has only taken wickets against some inexperienced regional cricketers so we'll have to play Harmison with no alternative.

My team for Friday:

Davies (wk)
Bopara
Pietersen
Strauss (c)
Collingwood
Shah
Mascarenhas
Batty
Broad
Harmison
Anderson

Personally for the ODIs:
Strauss
Mascheranas
Kevin Pietersen
Bopara
Collingwood
Shah
Prior
Broad
Batty?
Harmison
Anderson

I saw cricket news Andrew Strauss had hamstraing injured but nothing serious. I wonder who replace his captain and i really hope Kevin Pietersen given another chance captain. Andy Flower say Davies and Bopara will still opener batting.

Users who are viewing this thread