Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
I would be a bit worried setting them a target of 250 even on a last day wicket. Monty doesn't look like taking a wicket. Harmison is down on pace and isn't a fraction of the bowler he was last time he played here. Leaves Broad who is inconsistent, Sidebottom who is bowling quite well but not having much luck and Fred who I'll give you is top.

Anyway right now I would be happy getting them out anywhere underneath 400 although Freds good at cleaning up the tail so a couple of quick wickets could turn it.

Broad bowling beautifully here but just can't get a breakthrough. Would be nice to see him take his 4th relatively soon to give us a chance of bowling WI out early tommorow. Can't see us winning if the Windies are batting longer than an hour into tommorow.

King Pietersen added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Thank Jebus for that, Monty gets Ramdin. Need another quick one tonight.

That was the first ball I haven't watched literally all day and its a sodding wicket pleased that we got one though.

Nash looks solid, reminds me of Daniel Flynn, but with slightly less flair. He's very good in defence, fairly well disciplined, apart from that 1 over against Broad where he played and missed at 3 wide ones. Not sure he'll ever smash a team around, but he could definitely end his career averaging around 34/35 I reckon, certainly offers solidity in the middle order which could allow Chanderpaul to move up, if they want to fit Marshall into the side.

I agree on Nash, he looks to have the solidity in the middle order the West Indies have craved for years. His time in Australia helped, he has a bit of Aussie class about him.

I would suggest we have a bit of a blast from Flintoff and Broad before the end of the day in an attempt to get some wickets. If we don't skidaddle them out tomorrow morning can't see anything but a draw.

Wow, that's an incredible stat, first boundary off Sidebottom's bowling, and it comes in his 24th over. Impressive stuff from Sidey, just lacks the penetration to be truely threatening when it's not swinging a great deal. I think Fred would be best off against Taylor, really rough him up, and bowl a few fast yorkers. Freddie and Monty is definitely the best combination to be bowling at the minute I think, to Taylor anyway.

King Pietersen added 12 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Bloody hell, I look away to send an E-mail and Harmison gets a wicket =/ Seems all the England seamers are going to be playing in the next game now :( I want to see Jimmy in for Harmy. At least we've got another wicket though, how many overs left in the day?

Nash never really made his mark in our domestic comp but hes certainly going alright in the International arena. So at least our domestic comp is still strong :)

Broad looks to be going alright taken 2 of the 3 big wickets.

I agree about Nash. He doesn't give his wicket away. I liked the look of him in NZ.

Gayle continues his sublime form. Amazing. Really must have smashed it. Maybe people will believe it when they say he's really in his peak form and is playing with consistency. Sarwan had a bad NZ series but is back in from which won;t please England.

I have to say, Panesar's figures continue to be poor. He'll probably get 2/3 tailenders out and end with 3 or 4 wickets but anyway. Getting Chanderpaul out without many runs, England should have made the most of it. It may not happen many more times in the series.

I don't think England are well suited to WI conditions. I don't remember the ball swinging a heck of a lot over there. Sadly Sidebottom might not be so great over there. Maybe in the old days if he'd tied Gayle down he may have got a wicket from frustration but the new Gayle plays very patiently.

Good to see WI on top. I'm biased towards them since we just played them.

Last edited:
I think w.i should be pleased at this stage, If they were 120 runs ahead right now they would be looking really good. Xman really letting me down, so much potential and soon there won't be much spots available in the team. Barath, and bravo will be knocking on the door soon. Then samuels who was starting to pick up. WI looks very good for the future.

good to see us with the lead. Nash was exactly the same against New Zealand, he was really nervous in the beginning of all his innings in NZ but then he turned it around and played solid cricket. Also pleased with Ramdins contribution, would have been really nice if he could have gone on and made a 50 but still its better than anything he had against NZ.
I hope the last 3 can stick around with Nash and help him get some more runs, a lead of at least 100 would be really good. Put some pressure on England.

tbh when Nash came in and he had a fired up Freddie coming in I was expecting him to be intimidated and just give his wicket away. Proved me wrong. He will be the key this morning up against some fresh bowlers, suggest we start with Fred and Harmy.

Fred and Harmy? Harmy shouldn't be allowed near the ball let alone bowl it.
Fred and Broad is who'd I'd go for on the back of their performances yesterday.

Why not? If we want to win this game then Harmison is going to have to contribute at some point and we may as well give his confidence a boost following a wicket last night, he needs it imo, I wouldn't mind Broad either though.

Users who are viewing this thread