Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Nah, I agree with Joe. Harmy bowled alot better last night, looked genuinely dangerous. I think the first couple of sessions of poor bowling were just rustyness on Englands part, which they clearly came out of in the last 2 sessions of yesterday. All the bowlers looked threatening, even Panesar, and I think we need to rough Nash and Benn up early, and Harmison and Flintoff are definitely the guys to do that. Need to get them out within 45 minutes I think to stand a chance of winning, and then we'll need to bat somewhat aggressively.

Harmison wasn't very threatening imo, he was down on pace, struggled and it took a complete misjudgement by a tailender to get him a wicket Harmisons had a great career but his time is up in my opinion.
Broad and Flintoff to start the bowling looks alot more threatening imo, Broad finally showed whay he can do and Flintoff was just Flintoff.

Broad is hit for a 6 then a 4 from Benn. He was bowling pretty well as well.

Oh bloody hell, it happens again. I go out of the room and Broad gets his 4th. He's bowling really well in this Test, especially considering it's a seriously rubbish deck for seamers.

King Pietersen added 12 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Think I did well slagging Broad off finally, seems he browses the forums and has bucked his ideas up. Great bowling from him, he's going to be a class act now that he's worked out how to take wickets in Test cricket!

Broad finally showing his potential hopefully he gets some confidence from this and can continue it it cause if he now goes and starts bowling like he has done before this match he'll be kept in the team do poorly and lose confidence.

Game in the balance if we get them out for only a few more runs, all depends on how our openers go, if Cook and Strauss get off to a flier then I be suprised if there wasn't a result if they get out we'll bat slow and either lose or draw

Harmison wraps things up with his 2nd wicket that wasn't.

Well played West Indies though, very valuable lead.

Here comes another Bob Willis rant about Daryl Harper. He is hilarious that man, get him back in the commentary box!

Nice to see the innings all over, we need to have at least 50 on the board by the end of the sesssion!

Well that wasn't out but I'll take it.
I think the referal system should be scrapped it ruins the fluidity of the match and in my opinion undermines the umpires.
The way that its used means that its highly unlikely that the umpires decisions will be overturned.
I completely ruins the whole feeling of the game as you celebrate a wicket only to have it taken away.

I completely ruins the whole feeling of the game as you celebrate a wicket only to have it taken away.
Yeah ? Well I think it's better than the feeling when the match/your career is taken away from you due to a wrong decision

Tony Hill's had a shocker, almost every decision he's made has been upturned. Awful umpire, and as for Daryl Harper, I'm with Willis, get him out of the Test scene, rubbish umpire and clearly an even worse 3rd Umpire. Can Simon Taufel not umpire every single match and do both ends, plus 3rd Umpire? :p

Yeah ? Well I think it's better than the feeling when the match/your career is taken away from you due to a wrong decision

Thats a part of the game people get things wrong and if anything they've got more wrong with the referal system in place as pointed out before the Umpires didn't get many decisions wrong in the first place.

I really hope after the trial they decide that the referal system doesn't work very well and its generally better to have the real umpire's making the decisions not the third umpire.

Cooks crap. England 1 down, time for Bell to score a hundred then I guess ;) Actually, we know that won't happen. Time for Bell to get to 20 and get out again I guess.

What a start for us, what a start, another before lunch would be super, and remember we got a lead, so they owe and still lost a wicket. Come on guys lets make it 2
:happy:clap:clap:happy

The big question is what England commit to. If the overriding style is survival, it could well be the tone for the series.

Users who are viewing this thread