• Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Hahaha we're falling apart.

Kp could do nothing about that ball, easily the ball of the match.

England are gonna struggle from here on in.

Ok, so lets all admit that the windies should win this game.

Now, England, time to make changes for the second test. Lose monty, lose harmy, lose belly, in fact, lose everyone except kp, freddy, prior, strauss, broady and colly.

Lose Monty? He bowled really well in my opinion regardless of what his figures suggest.
Harmy and Bell have to go after this match they've been poor and Bells been poor for a long time

Lose Monty?

Yes lose Monty. Not sure what has happened to him, but he just does not seem to trouble batsmen anymore. KP caused more worries for the windies batsmen in his few overs.

These two did put on 200 in India after we were 43-3 so hopefully they can replicate that but a ball from Benn just rolled on the ground after pitching so it'll be a toughie.

I disagree with you mate. Monty bowled really well. He pitched the ball in good areas and got good turn on the ball. He worried the batsman out there. His figures, unfortunately do not tell the whole story with him.

Keep Bell. He's a class act, he's hitting the ball nicely and it's just a mental problem atm, he needs to be given confidence from the captain and know that he'll get through it. There's no doubting his talent, he's probably the most talented batsman in England in terms of technique, just needs to be given chance to succeed fully, especially now that he's sorted out the technical issues he had. I'm in full support of Belly, but if Collingwood fails here, we drop him, at least Bell's got genuine class, Collingwood is all grit and detirmination, never, ever looks techinically good, and always looks out of form.

I'd be happy to keep most of this team in tact tbh. The only change I'd consider would be Anderson for Harmison, the rest of the team would have their place for at least the next game for me.

I disagree with you mate. Monty bowled really well. He pitched the ball in good areas and got good turn on the ball. He worried the batsman out there. His figures, unfortunately do not tell the whole story with him.

How often have we said that about Monty of late? Bowling one type of delivery, at one type of pace will only trouble good batsmen for so long. Sadly, people have figured Monty out, despite his previous good statistics.

Knowing England we will stick with him like Bell, and watch him deteriorate further.

Our spin coach, has admitted that he can offer Monty nothing in terms of technical advice, so don't expect any changes from Monty any time soon.

@ KP, yes i agree Bell is a good player, but him mind is somewhere else, and Shah should take his place, and score a lot of runs, like we all know he can.

Monty's actually changed remarkably in this game, his pace is down 4-5mph. He WAS mixing his pace, he bowled one ball to Gayle which read 46mph on the speed gun, previously unseen from Monty. He is starting to show improvement under Mushys influence, and I thought he bowled well in that innings, just his figures aren't flattering.

Well i hope you guys are right, i am taking the opinions of the the English commentary team (at the ground) into consideration when saying this.

EDIT, i suppose if he is bowling ok, but not taking wickets, thats ok, or at least it would be in ODI cricket :p

Lol @ England. Jesus, we suck, big time. Time for change, nah, keep the same side. :D

Bell played a crap shot, as did Cook, but Strauss and Pietersen just got good balls, especially Pietersen. Just hope Colly and Flintoff can drag us out of this horrible mess. I suppose it could encourage us to put some real effort into the next Test if we lose.

Users who are viewing this thread