England tour of South Africa 09/10

Pretty even day, quick wickets will get England back on top but if these two go on for a few hours tomorrow then SA should be well on top.

In the end pretty pleased the way we tussled our way back from the early flop. This pitch had me really worried, with those big blobs of green running all along it. Smith played a shocker of a shot, the delivery didnt really deserve a wicket but so it goes....Kallis looking very solid, but I have a feeling his bogey of never making a double will haunt him a bit and might cost his wicket so hopefully him and JP can bat for at least another 2 sessions. This must be the longest tail we've had in ages with Boucher at 6 and then effectively the tail. Dont have much confidence in the rest and Morkel sure as hell isnt someone whos gonna bring you 60/70 odd. Will put my house on Ntini hitting a few out of the park, he always does haha but hopefully he wont even be needed!

So yeah at the moment it looks alright, but things can change pretty snappy tomorrow so we need at least another 75-100 from JK and JP. Epic stuff, seriously missed test match cricket, been ages!

Bowling was weak on Day 1, very predictable, how stupid was that spell of bouncers from Broad to Duminy. The only bouncer that caught Duminiy off guard was the one by Jimmy who bowled it after 4 or 5 rank long hops.

Also , whats up with KP and his Ali G impression

PxKLp.jpg

In the end pretty pleased the way we tussled our way back from the early flop. This pitch had me really worried, with those big blobs of green running all along it. Smith played a shocker of a shot, the delivery didnt really deserve a wicket but so it goes....Kallis looking very solid, but I have a feeling his bogey of never making a double will haunt him a bit and might cost his wicket so hopefully him and JP can bat for at least another 2 sessions. This must be the longest tail we've had in ages with Boucher at 6 and then effectively the tail. Dont have much confidence in the rest and Morkel sure as hell isnt someone whos gonna bring you 60/70 odd. Will put my house on Ntini hitting a few out of the park, he always does haha but hopefully he wont even be needed!

So yeah at the moment it looks alright, but things can change pretty snappy tomorrow so we need at least another 75-100 from JK and JP. Epic stuff, seriously missed test match cricket, been ages!

This is the same tail with the exception of no steyn that played in aus, bouch is batting at 7. Morne and Harris have shown they can stick around in the past. Key is first half hour tomorrow if JP and JK can get going we will post a good score.

With the pitch already behaving inconsistent I really fancy morne on this pitch. Tall bowlers usually exploit that better than most.

Nice start to the day for England. If they could wrap them up under 350, they`d feel good about themselves, especially with the way it was poised yesterday.

Just got home. Sucks both batsman are out, but oh well. We still have a good shot at a 400+ score, if the tail can wag a bit. Duminy played some really good shots. Love watching him bat. That cover drive is flawless. Wanted to see more of it... But hopefully we see more of him in the second innings.

England have a big squad, 18 players!

Good cricket this from Swann, one of my favourite players. Bit of test match rustiness from the South Africans.

Interesting stat they just brought up on sky, England were ranked bottom of the test match nations in 1999. Shows how we have improved.

Users who are viewing this thread