England tour of South Africa 09/10

SA 395/8, Swann has bowled well, he has got 4 wickets so far, lets see if he can get 5th ....

Not sure what a good score is on this pitch probably 350ish.

We could really do with ending this now.

I'm loving the tactics being used. We are going to waste as much time as possible and wear out the English bowlers. Gotta love it!

England should just stick to Football. :laugh

TumTum added 5 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Waits for the Ashes reference...

Thank God Harris got cramp and started to attack, it was eye bleeding stuff watching him and De Wet batting like they were playing for the draw.

I'm also thankful that it's Pollock and not Donald in the Commentary box for English TV. I can't handle Donald praising Trott for 30 minutes straight, ever again.

Cook did himelf a world of good for being dropped in that innings.

Providing England don't loose another wicket it will have been an ok day even though South Africa are on top.

De Wet looks like a decent player good pace, seems to be pretty accurate and seems to be very hostile. His first ball was hilarious though.

England can be optimistic about the future of this game though because the South African attack does look less threatening without Steyn, Harris didn't really get the same amount of spin or look as dangerous as Swann but South Africa's batting does look very dangerous for when the second innings comes around.

13 South Africans on the field, and another two still in the 'hut'. What a disgrace.

Strauss and Pietersen both have English mothers, Prior has an English father. They're as English as they are South African. That's not mentioning Trott whose family comes from Britain in the first place.

I don't see anyone calling Paul Harris Zimbabwean for example.

Last edited:
Except they were born and raised mostly in South Africa, and when they couldn't make the South African team, they decided to go to England. Kolpak system is big pile of ████, that just wrongly benefits England. They can steal players from both Ireland and South Africa! How tweaking fair to all the other teams. Pakistan should be able to take players from Afghanistan and Bangledesh as well then, and we should be able to take players from Zimbabwe. I especially find it irritating how Morgan left Ireland to play for England. How do they expect Ireland to be some sort of force when their best players like Joyce and Morgan go of fleeing to England? Hey here's a brilliancy tweaking idea! Instead of fleeing off to another country, why not become a better cricketer, so the selectors will actually pick you.

England 88/1 (23.0 ov)

I think Trott might score a century today.Don't know why but I have such an vibe ;)

Except they were born and raised mostly in South Africa, and when they couldn't make the South African team, they decided to go to England. Kolpak system is big pile of ████, that just wrongly benefits England. They can steal players from both Ireland and South Africa! How dohing fair to all the other teams. Pakistan should be able to take players from Afghanistan and Bangledesh as well then, and we should be able to take players from Zimbabwe. I especially find it irritating how Morgan left Ireland to play for England. How do they expect Ireland to be some sort of force when their best players like Joyce and Morgan go of fleeing to England? Hey here's a brilliancy dohing idea! Instead of fleeing off to another country, why not become a better cricketer, so the selectors will actually pick you.

Now, I'm all for joking around with this with a mate, but I want to take a stand on what your saying. Every country has the right to pick the best XI players to play for their country, now I'm verry sorry about your history of Apartheid and now you have a quota system, now this is your fault. Because of the quote system players such as KP and Trott have moved from South Africa and have gained English passports through their right to have one and because the South African quota system doesn't allow them to play. Every cricketer wants to play International cricket.

I will also have you know, that alot of the Afghani players were born in Pakistan so you cancel that arguement out. I don't see you complaining about Symonds playing for Australia when he was born in England? :sarcasm. I'm sorry you might be a bit jealous that you haven't got KP and Trott but don't go blaming England for picking them when they England Residency blame your country for forcing them to look elsewhere.

Oh yeah, and if you haven't noticed all these players move to England voluntarily and actually announce their dream is to to play test cricket for Englandm and not South Africa, or Ireland in Morgans case.

holdenator added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

England 88/1 (23.0 ov)

I think Trott might score a century today.Don't know why but I have such an vibe ;)

Apart from there is no more play today :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread