England tour of South Africa 09/10

I'm just wondering if Mahmood performs in the ODI series, whether it would be worth giving him a punt in the test matches??? Unlike Plunkett, who I doubt will play in any of the ODI's, so will be coming in without much time in the middle, Mahmood will hopefully be pretty at his peak. Thoughts? Hey, I'm drunk and managed to make that make sense, woo :D

Is Mahmood still quick? Its been so long since I have seen him on the international stage, if he still has his pace, then we could use an out and out "Fast" bowler .

DeVilliers can open, Im pretty sure he started off as an opener

He did start as an opener but he won't be sacrificed in order to fill that spot. He will bat at 5 in the tests and 3 in the odi's.

Prince is most likely to open in the tests with kallis as the other opener in the odi's and 20/20's.

South Africa need to play Tsotsobe, dude is for real.

He should be in the test team ahead of ntini but the selectors will never do that. They will wait for ntini to retire.

I'm just wondering if Mahmood performs in the ODI series, whether it would be worth giving him a punt in the test matches??? Unlike Plunkett, who I doubt will play in any of the ODI's, so will be coming in without much time in the middle, Mahmood will hopefully be pretty at his peak. Thoughts? Hey, I'm drunk and managed to make that make sense, woo :D

Bell, Davies, Plunkett and Sidebottom are going out early to South Africa and will be playing some cricket before the Tests.

They have to keep Prince opening, why not? He did well, has a sound technique, good temperament. I dont think it will do him harm, and he really did hammer our bowlers in that 3rd test. Give him a few tests, i think he'll do a good Langer/Katich job, he is a squirter of the ball, lots of runs through gully/point, the field being up early on will help his play.

Monty has had a torrid time in the SA domestic leagues. Safe to say he is probably never playing for England again.

He should be in the test team ahead of ntini but the selectors will never do that. They will wait for ntini to retire.

I am a huge fan of Ntini so I would like to see him gone on his own terms but they need to make room for Tsotsobe somewhere. From what I have seen and read the guy is one of the biggest pace bowling talents in cricket.

Monty has had a torrid time in the SA domestic leagues. Safe to say he is probably never playing for England again.

He's played one game. Which was on an absolute road judging by the scorecard (Oh, Hi 390.) and he even took a couple of wickets. Knee jerk much?

Anyways, good to see Cook getting a game, I think he could be a genuine option if Denly doesn't do that well at the start of the series.

Good to see Zim giving the SA bowlers a fight. In a way I like having the ODI series first so we are used to conditions come Test time.

I hope this tour is as good as England's last tour. That had one of the best Test and ODI series' I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread