Story England's 2008-09 Season : England In India (1st Test, End Of Day 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome update, Arslaan. Your presentation is imaculate. Kevin Pietersen getting out is a big blow to England and they could of done without that happening. Strauss seems to be batting rather well although Collingwood is batting quite far up the order. Indians definitely have the upper hand at the moment.

As Suren has said, it reminds the reader of his story. Top notch stuff, Arslaan.

KP with a 'BAS' bat? :p

India in total control at Lunch, and it may continue if England don't start attacking.

Cracking work Arslaan. England are in a bit of trouble here, but Colly is a good scrapper and Strauss is very capable so hopefully these two can have a nice big partnership. Will be waiting eagerly for the next update :cool:

Yeah because of the problem I was having with Player Editor. However, its sorted now. ;)

Just out of interest, are you planning to assign the new face of Ishant Sharma recently released in C2005 downloads?

If so, take a back up of the roster and do it.. Yesterday i was trying to assign the new face and i got into some problems which led to game crash whenever Ishant comes. However, I managed to edit the game XML and other things and brought it on track though. But still, i am not able to get ishant's new face. if you are successful in assigning Sharma's face, do let me know also. Thank you :)

You can't assign a face after a match has been started, correct?

Is it so? I thought bats only won't be reflected if we change during the match :confused: But I remember assigning changing Sourav's face during a match and even I posted a screenie in Saurabh's thread long time back... I am not sure though. :what

Anyways, even if it's not during the match time, i want to know how to change the unique face of my own created players. Tutorial says, get .big file and put it in directory. (step 6 in Saurabh's tutorial ) But i dont know which .big file is for my created player when I opened the data(gob file) using BigGui tool.

Well you cant assign a face when the match has started. Only you can replace a old player face.

espn.jpg

RBS Cup
India Vs England
1st Test Day 1, Chennai, Tea Interval 4:00pm

India All Over England At Tea
(Harbhajan Destroys England Middle-Order)

Andrew Strauss who had looked confident before the Lunch Break strode onto the warm, humid air of Chennai. Alongside him was Paul Collingwood who had been a touch uneasy before the Lunch Break. Both Strauss and Collingwood knew that England had to make it to the Tea Interval no more than 5 wickets down. However, England were rattled early on as the familiar downfall started again.

Andrew Strauss was suprisingly looking out of touch. He played and missed 4 deliveries off Harbhajan Singh's over. However his misery ended when he was dismissed by part-time spinner Yuvraj Singh. Strauss had not yet got a run in this session in the four overs gone by whereas Collingwood had got off the mark with a cut against Harbhajan.

yuvrajundoesstraussog5.jpg
Strauss, trying to score picked the ball to hit. Yuvraj dragged the ball down into the hard Chennai pitch. The ball pitched and spun back hard. Strauss played late on the shot and as a result the ball found the inside edge of his bat and crashed into the stumps. As Yuvraj celebrated, Strauss glared at the pitch as he walked off towards the pavilion for his hard fought 27.

With England in dire trouble, Wicket-Kepper Matt Prior was promoted infront of Andrew Flintoff. Collingwood discussed with the Prior the pitch and what type of game they should play. Thats when Collingwood started to attack Yuvraj. Knowing Harbhajan and very soon Amit Mishra would be coming into the attack, Collingwood and Prior knew that Yuvraj was the man they had to attack.Despite Yuvraj's variations, Collingwood and Prior counter-attacked by going over the top of the infield.
collingwoodpriorcounternm7.jpg

Prior was the steady out of the two. He had just reached 7 and it had took him 53 balls to do so. Despite Collingwood and Prior attacking, Harbhajan was proving to be a threat from the other end. Over by over he would consistantly bowl in the channel of uncertainty outside off-stump. All Collingwood and Prior could do was to block. Collingwood was looking in good touch as he nailed his 5th boundary off Yuvraj. MS Dhoni had not brung Amit Mishra into the attack yet. Was he waiting for another wicket to fall? Luckily got Dhoni he got one with Harbhajan.

bhajipickesup4wicketsyq9.jpg

Collingwood must have had a lapse in concentration. Most probably tired of blocking, Collingwood casually tried to work the ball onto the leg-side. Beaten in flight, he played early and as a result, the ball spooned into Rahul Dravid's hands at Mid-Off. Collingwood was looking to be a danger but his and Prior's 35 run partnership had come to an end as England reached 101/5. Andrew Flintoff was the new batsmen to arrive at the wicket. He was removed in the same over after just facing 2 deliveries. Flintoff was hard done by this dismissal. The ball sprung off the wicket. Flintoff has premeditated the cover drive shot. The ball recoshayed off his forearm and before Flintoff had time to get back, the ball had hit into the stumps with just enough force required to knock the bails off. The crowd erupted into an even bigger roar than the previous wicket. With 45 minutes still to go till the Tea Interval, Kevin Pietersen and England were looking very bleak.

Things got worse for England as MS Dhoni finally introduced Amit Mishra into the attack. With spin at the both ends, he wanted to conclude England's Innings quickly. Broad got off the mark with a sweet off-drive. However, he added 2 more runs before getting dismissed in an unfortunate way.

broadspainfalldismissalgc3.jpg
Once again the pitch played up. Similar to Flintoff's dismissal, the ball looped up off the hard pitch. Broad already on the back foot attempted to work it away onto the leg-side. Instead, the ball came lower than expected. The ball hit Broad's box and slid onto the stumps. Broad was winded for a couple of seconds. As he looked up, Mishra gave him a mischeavious wink ;) as Broad replied with a shaken smile. Yet again the pitch had played up and cost England. With 20 minutes still to go, MS Dhoni scalped another wicket.

harmisonsdepartsincontrib1.jpg
Steve Harmison was dismissed 1 over before the Tea Interval in controversial fashion. Already hitting Harbhajan for 2 onto the leg-side Harmison attempted to do the same to a more flighted ball from Harbhajan. Once again beaten in flight, there were two noises. The ball struck Harmison's back leg and carried to Gautam Gambhir as 2nd slip who had already started celebrating. Harmison was not moving and as cool as a Cucumber was stretching his arms. Then out of the blue, umpire Billy Doctrove raised his finger. Harbhajan had a big smile on his face as Harmison glared at Doctrove. :mad: With just the one over to go, Matt Prior had had enough of seeing wickets tumble and struck the final ball before Tea for a four. England had been under pressure before Lunch but now, they would require something special from Matt Prior to get them out of this mess. On the other hand, MS Dhoni had a big grin on his face as he knew that he had England in the palm of his hand.

Harmison Hotspot

harmisonhotspotcu4.jpg
What do you viewers at home think. Is this out or not out?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

England: 127/8 (55 Overs, 1st Innings, 4:00pm)
*M.Prior 20(75) 3 Fours
*J.Anderson 0(1)

Last Wickets
A.Strauss b. Yuvraj 27(75) 4 Fours, 1 Six
A.Flintoff b. Harbhajan 0(2)
P.Collingwood c. Dravid b. Harbhajan 26(61) 5 Fours
S.Broad b. Mishra 6(24) 1 Four
S.Harmison c. Gambhir b. Harbhajan 2(6)

Zaheer 9-1-26-0
Sharma 13-3-32-2
Harbhajan 21-9-34-4
Yuvraj 9-0-24-1
Mishra 3-2-1-1

Man, awesome work. Really, the effort that's gone into that!

All I can say is, these English guys know not how to play spin. Really bad run rate, and nobody but Prior left, I sense troubled times ahead.

England in deep deep trouble. Indians really killing them off . Day one and England are almost all out. England tail need to survive atleast today which is very difficult. Great bowling by the spinners.

Wow great update Arslaan. Loved the hotspot and really you improving your graphics after all you were not that bad as you were telling me on msn always...:happy

England really are in trouble and will almost certainly conceed a first innings lead!

I can't tell if the umpire got the decision right. Come on England! Great graphics dude KUTGW

Oh Arslaan, you really are doing a bad job batting. A few starts there but no one has gone on. Prior needs to play the JP role and Jimmy needs to be like Steyn, otherwise England are going to be humiliated.

Fantastic work mate and how did you do the hotspot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread