Story England's 2008-09 Season : England In India (1st Test, End Of Day 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My answers...

1. Who will win the Test Match?---India
2. Who will be the leading run-scorer of the series?---MS Dhoni
3. Who will take the most wickets?---Zaheer Khan
4. Who will win the Man Of The Series award?---Zaheer Khan

This should be an interesting series to watch. Go India and great presentation Arslaan :clap

1. Who will win the Test Match? England
2. Who will be the leading run-scorer of the series? Strauss
3. Who will take the most wickets? Harbhajan
4. Who will win the Man Of The Series award? Flintoff

1. Who will win the Test Match? England
2. Who will be the leading run-scorer of the series? Sehwag
3. Who will take the most wickets? Harbhajan
4. Who will win the Man Of The Series award? Freddie

1. Who will win the Test Match? India
2. Who will be the leading run-scorer of the series? Pietersen
3. Who will take the most wickets? Ishant Sharma
4. Who will win the Man Of The Series award? Ishant Sharma

1. Who will win the Test Match?---India
2. Who will be the leading run-scorer of the series?---Andrew Strauss :p
3. Who will take the most wickets?---Zaheer
4. Who will win the Man Of The Series award?---Zaheer

saladguy added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

BTW, you should of picked Adil Rashid! :p

Awesome!! Can't wait Arslaan! :)

espn.jpg

RBS Cup
India Vs England
1st Test Day 1, Live from Chennai, 9:00am

twelfthmanrr3.jpg

bhoglebd1.jpg
Hello and welcome again to Twelfth Man where we will be talking about both England and India's chances in this first test match at Chennai's MA Chidambaram Stadium. The eager fans mostly Indian are coming in their numbers as we are expected approximatly 20-30,000 fans throughout the 5 days. With me as usual is Sunil Gavaskar, David Lloyd and Ian Botham to discuss both teams chances. We will start off with you David. Looking at England's form, how do you rate their chances?
lloydpj4.jpg
Well to be quite fair, I have got to favour the Indians. Despite two greats in Anil Kumble and Sourav Ganguly departing, they have replacements in Yuvraj Singh and the young leg-spinner Amit Mishra who did impress against the Australians. England will have to decide if they want that extra seamer or extra spinner. Persnally, I would go for the extra spinner in Graeme Swann and see how he goes.
gavaskarxi3.jpg
What I think the only concern is for the Indians is that Rahul Dravid has to fire because in the last 6 months he has been under constant pressure to get a double figure score. In the recent Australian test series, in 7 Innings he got 121 at an average of 17.28. To my knowledge that is the only concern.

bhoglebd1.jpg
Right well now Barry Richards is down at the pitch with the pitch report.

Pitch Report
day1pitchreportvi1.jpg
B.Richards: Thank you Harsha. Well first thoughts looking at this pitch is that Day 1 will definatly be a batters day. However, there will be swing off the pitch early on. This is where selection will have to take a major gamble for Englnad as by mid Day 4 till Day 5, the spinners will generate plenty of turn and bounce off the wicket. As for the Weather, its bright and hot despite it being early December. The fans are slowly emerging into the stadium. On a whole, if I won the toss I would definatly bat first.
bhoglebd1.jpg
Right well thank you very much Barry for the pitch report. Well Beefy. The selectors will have to give it a gamble either Swann or Broad. Who would you choose and why Beefy?
bothammj2.jpg
Well simply I would go for Stuart Broad due of the experience he has. If England do end up losing or drawing this Test, then I would bring Swann in for the following test.
bhoglebd1.jpg
Indeed. Well the news from the middle is that England have won the toss and elected to bat first. Now, Barry said at the Pitch Report that batting first will be an advantage however, there will be swing and the seamers in Zaheer and Ishant will generate movement off the pitch without a doubt. Well now here are the teams for both sides starting with the visitors England.

England Squad
englandsquadbh3.jpg
India Squad
indiansquadcz4.jpg
lloydpj4.jpg
Well looking at the England squad, the only genuine spinner is Monty Panesar. He will be under pressure to perform because if he does not, the captain Kevin Pietersen could end up as the secondery spinner and that might well result in the Indians taking the attack to him.
bhoglebd1.jpg
Right well this is all we have time for on this edition of Twelfth Man. We will take a quick break and when we will be back, we should have the action LIVE, only on ESPN STAR.

espn.jpg

Great stuff. Great detail. Just the banner at the top with the 4 commentators could have been a little better. Other than that, fantastic.

Great stuff. Great detail. Just the banner at the top with the 4 commentators could have been a little better. Other than that, fantastic.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's simple and it does the job, which is what Arslaan wanted. You see all these flash banners nowadays and I think it's just OTT. Anyway, Arslaan likes it, that's all that matters to me.

The spinners are going to play a huge part in this game. I can see plenty of overs being bowled by Harbhajan, Mishra and Panesar. This will definitely play into the Indians hands because they are playing 2 spinners, and the Indian batsmen are better at playing spin than England.

Great stuff Arslaan :)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's simple and it does the job, which is what Arslaan wanted. You see all these flash banners nowadays and I think it's just OTT. Anyway, Arslaan likes it, that's all that matters to me.

He wasn't commenting it for you:p

Nice update Arsalaan. Great stuff. Should be an interesting match.

Can I just say I think it's fine. I actually think it's a really good banner and if I'd made it I would have been proud of it and thought it was one of the good parts of my thread...
But anyone's entitled to their opinion

Jesus that banner is shocking. Whoever made it doesn't deserve to use a pc.

I think that India will take this one. The ball is likely to swing early so Zaheer and Sharma will deal with the likes of Strauss and Cook before they cause any damage. On Day 5, if India are defending a target, Harbhajan and Mishra should be able to do a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread