Story England's 2008-09 Season : England In India (1st Test, End Of Day 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice start for the home side....should post a huge score if wickets in hand....

Great presentation...loved reading it...cool work and KUTGW

:eek: That must be the first time England have ever used the powerplay overs correctly :p

Seriously mate, awesome presentation and a great read. Other story makers better watch out. This is a certain SOTM ;)

Surprising to see Cook as the aggressor with Mustard at the other end. Things could go to poo if either of them go soon. Still, a platform to build on.

Great presentation mate - top notch.

skysportslogodv5.jpg

Kiwis take 2 quick wickets
(Cook and Bell go to the pavilion)

7 overs had gone and this meant that the Powerplays were over for England. They had gone steadily onto 40/0 after 6 overs and were looking very well. Martin has just completed his 4 overs going for 23 runs which was a great comeback. Kyle Mills started his last over from the Pavilion End. The Kiwis really needed a wicket now of either Cook or Mustard.

cooksstylishinningscomevq6.jpg
First ball of the over and Mills got his man. Cook did not see the in-swinger but he was already in the shot. Umpire Bucknor did not hesitate to raise the finger as New Zealand finally struck and got the dangerman Cook on his way.

Ian Botham: Big shout and given! That's the breakthrough that the New Zealanders wanted. Straight after the powerplays and Cook is gone.
Ian Smith: Well he hasn't seen the in-swinger come at him. A good plan from Kyle Mills and he picks up his first wicket of the game. Cook played well for his 24 but he has to go. It's 40/1.

This brought the out-of form Ian Bell to the crease. In the three Test Matches he had scored a total of 119 runs @ 11.30. This was his chance to get a score in the shorter format of the game. Unfortunately for him his poor form just got a lot worse.

bellspoorformcontinuessi9.jpg

The Kiwis had got the breakthrough of Cook and obviously wanted to capitalize on the start. They were targeting Ian Bell as Mustard was settled in. Mills struck in the same over with a complete jaffer. The ball pitched on the damp pitch and jagged back in sharply into Ian Bell. With the medium pace of Mills it was too late to adjust the shot as the ball richoshayed onto the stumps. Bell was not pleased and trudged back to the pavilion. The mood was lightly different for the Kiwis as they celebrated another wicket.

Ian Smith: Bowled him! Kyle Mills you beauty! Ian Bell is stunned as New Zealand pick yet another wicket.
Ian Botham: That has jagged back sharply and Ian Bell has been left clueless. Superb bowling from Kyle Mills. So Ian Bell's poor run continues. He goes for 2 and now England are 48/2 after 8.

Now Kevin Pietersen joins Phil Mustard at the crease. Will England collapse?

England :- 62/2 (10 Overs)
*P.Mustard 22(25) 1 Four 1 Six
*K.Pietersen 11(11) 1 Six

C.Martin 4-0-23-0
K.Mills 4-0-24-2
D.Vettori 1-0-10-0
S.Styris 1-0-3-0

Last edited:
Good aggressive start by England but I think they've lost one wicket too many. Pietersen needs to stay at the wicket in order for England to post a big total.

Great presentation and graphics. Keep it up! Looking forward to the next update.

Nah. England can easily bounce back from losing those two wickets. England ftw I say :)

Great work Arlsaan, keep it up :clap

Very nice update, the usual brilliant presentation. Hawkeye is my favorite, good you got that going here. I would add more reps if i could

btw why don't you get your umpire kits updated to the official icc ones?

Great Update and Presentation...England have lost 2 wickets but still have good batting to come..so still no worries...surprised to see Martin and Mills given 4 overs each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread