Story England's 2008-09 Season : England In India (1st Test, End Of Day 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
England should easily go onto win here, Sidebottom getting the wickets even if he is being a little expensive. Fantastic presentation as per usual Arslaan. Keep it up mate. :)

Hmm still cant say anything about who to win the game . Still tight and England have the upper hand but have not got the whole advantage . New Zealand still have Styris and Ryder who can build a partnership . England need some more wickets .

Great Update and Brilliant presentation :clap

Yeah shouldn't lose this now. Longest T20 I have ever heard of! A week now is it?

Yeah shouldn't lose this now. Longest T20 I have ever heard of! A week now is it?

Sorry man but I have been having exams, cricket matches, work experience, Cricket 2005 patches plus a social life inbetween. You see Gamer and Suren haven't done updates for months because they have commitments to make.

Sorry man but I have been having exams, cricket matches, work experience, Cricket 2005 patches plus a social life inbetween. You see Gamer and Suren haven't done updates for months because they have commitments to make.
Only joking mate! :p

Kiwis are playing 20/20 :eek: lol....... this is not even a test score :p cant see them winning now from here :noway nice story and great presentation Arslaan :clap

skysportslogodv5.jpg
England vs New Zealand
Natwest International Twenty20
Live from Old Trafford, Manchester

England close in on victory
(Crucial 5 overs left)

The New Zealand fans did not leave the Old Trafford ground after the 10th over despite the Kiwis playing a Test Match identical Innings. Swann and Mascarenhas continued to bowl well as after the 13th over the score had reached 34/3.

englandcontinuetomounttjq7.jpg

Captain Paul Collingwood was relaxed as he knew the pressure was really mounting on Styris and Ryder. Knowing that the game was going away from him, Ryder started to finally lash out after his 33 minutes at the crease. Graeme Swann was bowling the 15th over with the score at 36/3. The first ball Ryder left but he lashed out on balls 2 and 3. Ball 2 was a full flighted delivery which was put away over the covers. Ball 3 was a leg-side long-hop which Ryder struck to the boundary with ease.

Despite 9 runs coming of the previous over it is not looking likely for New Zealand to win this match. The required rate is too much but as we already know, it only takes 2-3 overs for a Twenty20 to change. Will the Kiwis fight till the death?

New Zealand :- 45/3 (15)
*J.Ryder 11(26) 2 Fours
*S.Styris 7(30)

J.Anderson 2-0-6-0
R.Sidebottom 4-0-21-3
S.Broad 3-1-2-0
D.Mascarenhas 3-1-2-0
G.Swann 3-0-14-0

New Zealand require 83 runs to win with 7 wickets in hand at a required run rate of 16.60 runs per over.

Shocking run chase, but good tight bowling. Keep it up, because Ryder is a ticking time bomb.

Amazingly, impossibly poor run chase by NZ here - easy victory for England!
Great work as per usual mate, keep it up! :D

I am loving Styri's test innings :p he is screwing Kiwis nicely ;) Bring in Oram and Vetto, they could do some damages :) nice story and great presentation Arslaan :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread