Story England's Barmyarmy - ODI series against Australia

akshay12

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good start but in the Squads you should have given both Batting Style/Bowling Style for these so-called "All-Rounders"(apart from Watto obviously).I really think In English Starting XI i would have certainly played Bresnan for Finn because Bresnan is a good limited overs bowler and could have had a slog down the order and for the Aussies Johnson should have come in for the over-hyped Stevie Smith thus forming a great 4 Man Pace Battery because i think David Hussey has it in him to bowl the 4 overs.and no David Warner is one of the biggest surprise..:D

Dutchmen

Club Captain
OkZYD.png

LZ0ei.png

The ACB has named the Prime Minister's XI squad that will meet England in a one-day match before the start the series. Australia include five Victorian players in the squad of 12 - Finch, Hill, Keath, Pattinson and Carters. As a result of The Ryobi One-day Cup this summer, the selectors spent time looking at their options, there are various options available for them with a number of young players on the fringes of the squad. Southern Australia batsman Callum Ferguson has been named as vice-captain, while with New South Wales bowler Copeland and Starc. Tasmanian wicket keeper Paine captains the side, which includes 5 uncapped players. "It's a great honor to be playing at Canberra in what we're sure, will be a great day of cricket." - Paine.

Squad

Usman Khawaja (New South Wales)
Aaron Finch (Victorian)
Callum Ferguson (Southern Australia)
Michael Hill (Victorian)
Alex Keath (Victorian)
Tim Paine (Captain, Tasmanian)
Ryan Carters (Keeper, Victoriaa)
James Pattinson (Victorian)
Michael Beer (Western Australia)
Mitchell Starc (New South Wales)

Extra

Trent Copeland (New South Wales)

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Prime Minister's XI have a good side but not a good enough side to beat the English side. ;)

Roofrom50

International Coach
Even though i dislike the English cricket team, but i think they should well and truly easily win this contest. I am looking forward to it, and will be interesting to see how Khawaja goes.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
England team should utilize this warm-up match like a training match with plenty of challenge ahead. Good luck. :)

Dutchmen

Club Captain
1MPhR.jpg

It was the warm-up game between Prime Minister's and England before the start of 7-match series. Anderson, Yardy and Pattinson were included in the starting eleven. The captain Andrew Strauss has been rested for the warm-up after the victory against Australia. "Our starting XI at present is strong and Yardy and stand-in captain Collingwood will give us the options, where necessary, to strengthen our bowling line-up." - Any Flower. They decided not to opt for a third spin bowler in the line-up at this stage. Davies was the first choice wicket-keeper and Prior will not be a part of the squad and Davies is likely to cover Prior?s absence, and may take his place in the one-day, with the captain opening if he impresses. There are happy with the performance from Trott getting over 300 runs in the Ashes series. "Trott has performed well in both forms of games this year and his inclusion will give us another batting option." - Paul Collingwood.

Pqx0l.jpg

"Good Morning ladies and gentlemen, today we're here for the warm-up game between England and Prime Minister's at Manuka Oval. I've two captains with me (Collingwood and Paine) Colly has the coin....."

"Heads"
"Heads is the call and it's tails. That's Colly who won the toss, what you want to do?"
"I'm pretty happy to bat first, looks to be a great day, and hopefully we can put good total."
"You've some serious problem with the bat. You really isn't getting runs in the recent time, how is it going?"
"It has been quite humbling, how much work I've put in, how much effort I've put in and has been put in over the last few sessions to build on the one-day coup."
"Now there are slightly different skills to work on, you have been said that you retired from Test. That might change things for you?"
"I'm not thinking about what is going with my skills. The important thing for me is to stick to my own game plan."
"Impressive. so what your starting eleven?"
"Yeah we've Anderson, Pattinson, Yardy, Wright and Davies coming back while the captain resting for the warm-up."
"Good luck"

"Pretty much you thought of Kid?"
"Yah, I don't believe there is ever a bad time to win the toss, but leading into the competition - uh, that's obviously the fact of getting a good chance of doing well."
"Tough time in the middle? You'll have to perform well in order to get yourself in the squad for the World Cup?"
"I sincerely hope that we'll play the way we look to play this summer. And let's go out and enjoy it."
"You might have changed the starting eleven a bit?"
"Nah, We've the same line-up which was announced by ACB."
"Have a good time Kid."
"Cheers dude."
TKu7G.jpg

6ry4nj

International Coach
Sorry but are two different people writing this?

The 'preamble' is in very satisfactory English - if I don't look too closely, I can't fault it at all!

The interviews are barely comprehensible. Don't get me wrong - I know barely comprehensible is a satisfactory standard here. I'm just confused by the two standards in the one post. Also the standard of English previously in this story has been high.

Two phrases I cannot make head or tail of:
"to build on the one-day coup"; and
"Pretty much you thought of Kid?"
Does anyone think they can interpret those?

Dutchmen

Club Captain
Sorry but are two different people writing this?

What do you mean? :/ I'm confused with this one especially. And BTW, those two phrases explains you that 'to build on one-day a highly success.' and Kid is the nick name of Paine, so I've used his nick name in that post.

6ry4nj

International Coach
What do you mean? :/ I'm confused with this one especially. And BTW, those two phrases explains you that 'to build on one-day a highly success.' and Kid is the nick name of Paine, so I've used his nick name in that post.

Thanks mate.

What I'm hearing now is that the first one means: "to build up to some one-day success [or 'form']".

Perhaps "Pretty much you thought of" means to say "Would you have said/done the same?" Is that right? (I have no problem with the nickname)

Btw, I say again, the English is great in the rest of the story. But not in those interviews. If you need help, I'd be happy to.

Dutchmen

Club Captain
Perhaps "Pretty much you thought of" means to say "Would you have said/done the same?" Is that right? (I have no problem with the nickname)

Paine knows that he's going to lose the toss. Perhaps his reply says it all.

Dutchmen

Club Captain
vDGTg.png

Scorecard

England have made a good start to their clash against Prime Minister's XI at the Manuka Oval, reaching 95-3 at the end of their 20-over. Recruit Steve Davies rode his luck to reach 50 not out. After electing to bat on a hard pitch, Minister's XI should have had Davies out for a duck from the fourth ball of the match. Nudging a straight ball from Starc, English opener Davies called Wright for an impossible single and the non-striker was short of his ground when Alex Keath aimed at the stumps only to miss the target. Davies and Trott combining well for a healthy score of 63-1 after 9-overs, which including five fours and a six to Davies and one boundary to Trott. But with Copeland in his second spell, finding his rhythm and the introduction of spin (Beer) and then Pattinson, the Minister's XI were able to stop the flow of boundaries and force the visitors to work hard between the wickets. Trott was give a life in 15-over when Finch dropped a regulation chance at cover off spinner Beer. Eventually Davies chanced his arm one time, and flat-batting a short ball from Pattinson that was caught at mid-off for Michael Hill. Any such plans were undone by a brilliant direct hit from Carters, which saw a scampering Pietersen found inches short of his crease and on his way back ro the pavilion for three.

3bh6L.png

Prime Minister's XI have bounced back well after picking three wickets in the first 20-overs. Trott had looked set to take game away, but after clubbing another 14 runs, Pattinson chimed in with his first, a peach of a delivery that shaped away to catch a thin edge through to the keeper. With Minister's XI suddenly full of momentum for the first time in the match, Pattinson and Copeland were all of a sudden unplayable and with the ball swinging late. Beer came back into the attack at the 26-mark searching for a breakthrough, but Bell was starting to relax and the captain Collingwood brough up the England's 150 with a cut that flew to the rope just backward square. After his pragmatic start of the innings, Bell beginning to burn, and after a couple of crushing boundaries, the English #5 brought up his fifty in the 34th over, from 67 deliveries. Collingwood failed by his timing and attempting to slap Starc, could only find the safe hands of Ferguson.

DvDjm.png

Yardy came to the pitch and Bell knowing his side needed a good knock to stay in touch. With less than 10 overs remaining, Bell was out to close in emphatic style, putting Beer deep into the stands with a punishing slog over mid-wicket. England taken the powerplay in the 44th over and lifted the run-rate above five an over by going hard against the pacemen Copeland, Starc and Pattinson. Yardy struggling to survive some vicious deliveries from Copeland, was out hooking in the next ball, caught at square leg.It had no positive effect on the run rate, with Starc and Copeland getting smashed by the English pair, batting powerplay going for 63 with three overs remaining. Bell was heading back to the pavilion after surviving one botched pull-shot being caught for 74. Only eight runs have been scored in the last three overs, with Swann throwing away his wicket playing a loose off-drive off the bowling of Pattinson.

Last edited:

Dutchmen

Club Captain
0dSKL.png

dVm2v.jpg

Prime Minister's XI has made a tremendous start in their run-chase against England at Manuka Oval, Canberra, ending their first 20-over at 125-1, with openers Finch and Khawaja combining well from a healthy score of 0-58 after 10 overs, which included four powerful boundaries to Finch and two to Khawaja. Finch smashed English paceman Pattinson for consecutive boundaries as early as the third over as he made his intention felt. He was tidy with the bat and smashed a couple of boundaries before his opposite bowler Anderson, delivered th killer blow and claimed the breakthrough wicket. Ferguson had been slated to join Khawaja at the crease, but The 20-year-old Keath was promoted up the order instead. Khawaja and Keath made good starts, combining to score 47 in their next five overs, before Wright dropped Keath off Tremlett in the 16th over while the PM's opener was on 46. Khawaja brought up his fifty with a cracking on drive for four from the final ball of the 18th over and with Keath batting confidently from the other end (32), Prime Minister's were able to stay within striking distance for a time. PM got on top when Khawaja and Keath, who put on 69 runs for the second wicket to see their side at 125-1 in 20-overs.

spWpp.png

England's bowlers swung the ball early but a combination of inaccuracy and classy stroke play helped Prime Ministers to put runs on the board while preserving wickets. The pair put an unbeaten 109-run partnership to steal the game away. Keath's extraordinary 65-ball knock of 54 featured five fours and a six in 65 minutes. England finally broke the partnership when Keath tried to cut a short delivery but only got a slight edge through the keeper on Tremlett delivery. Keath's innings of 59 came off 73 balls, while 117-run partnership took 132 balls. From 2-169 earlier in the day, PM had lost three wickets for 11 runs and were on the verge of capitulation, but skipper Paine, joined at the crease by Khawaja - was batting sensibly and had looked in control while wickets were falling at the other end. With less than 20 overs remaining and ever climbing asking rate, Khawaja was out for 75 to cover in emphatic style. It was a short-lived fight-back, in the next over from Anderson, Carters was heading back to the pavilion after surviving one botched pull-short before being caught for 3.

25y8w.png

Prime Minister must make 65 from their final 10-over to claim victory against England at Manuka Oval. The duo took wayward bowling from Darren Pattinson, who went for 27 runs in his last three overs to put the England in even more trouble. Paine (55 off 70) and James Pattinson (12 off 35) had stabilised PM's innings with a 51-run partnership, but fell consecutively in the final 2 overs (including Beer) to put them in a tough position. Anderson was the destroyer for England, picking 3 wickets from his 9 overs, conceding 42 runs. When Mitch Starc and Copeland came, needing 13 runs from an over. Incredibly, Starc's field day rolled on, and after taking two fours from the first three balls and then needing 4 from the last three, he came to strike needing 4 to win in the final ball, he made a clean strike and it went all the way the ropes.

Scorecard ; Statistics

The Rock

County Cricketer
OMG! England lost! :eek: How did they! :(

Those score bars in between the writings make the piece look attractive. Decent writing. Looking forward towards future updates. GL and KIU!

Users who are viewing this thread