Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
Bacher returns for 7th ODI

000299.jpg

Adam Bacher who missed the sixth one day international due to a thigh strain, will be available for the next match. However, it will be interesting to see whom he replaces, as his replacement for the previous game, Abraham De Villiers scored a fantastic 76.

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
I am now more interested in the last ODI. I want to know who is going to win...

When do you plan to start, Siddarth?? I am waiting for it!! Excitement building!! Hope its a fitting finale to this great series!!
Thanks for the interest mate.

I plan to start it tomorrow,i.e, Sunday.

m_vaughan said:
Yes its good for the viewers, I think, that this series has gone down to the last game.

Wow.. thats a lot of reps for you mate. Did it come from the India - Pakistan game? I got them there too....

Anyways, all the best to the last match.

saisrini80 said:
Wow.. thats a lot of reps for you mate. Did it come from the India - Pakistan game? I got them there too....

Anyways, all the best to the last match.
Yup. I staked 440 and won 550!!

no_remorse28 said:
what are reps
Well reps are small green squares that appear under ur avatar mate, they are gained by posting good posts or doing something to the game, or wrting great stories like the one u have posted in, do something nice and u will get reps

no_remorse28 said:
what are reps

if you want to give reps (reputation points) to some one else, go to the message you want to give reps to, click the small white flower to the bottom left corner of that message, a small window will open. Select "I approve" for giving positive reps and "I disapprove" for giving negative reps. You can also add a comment why you are giving the reps.

News from the South African camp

South Africa are preparing hard ahead of the decisive seventh one day international against England.

2n3fqc

South African players practicing in the nets, in preparation of the Centurion game.

The series is currently level at 2-2, with the visitors staging a dramatic comeback after being 2-0 down at one stage.

However despite losing the last two games, the South African camp is confident about winning the match at Centurion.

South African captain Graeme Smith said, "I was hoping to have settled this series before the last game, but full credit to England to have bounced back the way they did."

"However we have probably played the better cricket in this series, and I am confident about winning tomorrow's match." added Smith.

South African's main weapon in this ODI series has once again been Herschelle Gibbs, averaging above 55 in the series.

And the batsman is eyeing another good performance in the next game.

"I have had a good series so far. But I want to keep the momentum going and help my team win the series." said Gibbs.

South Africa have Adam Bacher available for selection, after missing the Durban match with a thigh strain.

Be sure to catch the seventh and final ODI of this thrilling Standard Bank ODI Series, LIVE and exclusive on Sky Sports 1.

Can't wait for this one!!! God luck for both sides...a bit more for SA!!!

Thanks again for this nice story :clap

7th ODI - Live from Centurion

Standard Bank One Day Internationals 2005
South Africa vs England
7th ODI
Centurion, South Africa

Series Level 2-2

David Gower: A warm welcome to all our viewers on Sky Sports 1. We are live from Centurion for the 7th and final match of this epic Standard Bank One Day International series between South Africa and England.

2nooiv

Well this series has gone down to the last game, as both sides have won two games, and lost two games. There was also that dramatic tied game at Port Elizabeth
It has been a thrilling series throughout, and today is the climax to the series and this rather long England's tour of South Africa.
Well with me in the studio to discuss today's game, I have two gentlemen, Geoffery Boycott and David Lyold.

Geoffery, first question is to you. Who do you think has an advantage ahead of today's grand finale?

Geoffery Boycott: Its pretty much even stevens. However, England having won the last two games will probably be more confident, while South Africans might be feeling a bit frustated for not having wrapped up the series before today's game and having allowed the visitors to come back into the series. But I must say, South Africa have definately played the better cricket of the two teams. So in the end, I think its almost at par for both teams. Its a huge game, and I am looking forward to it.

David Gower: Well I am sure everyone is Geoffery. Now, David, South Africa dint have a nice time in the test matches, after being thrashed 4-0 by England. So I guess by winning this they can restore lost pride as well send a message that they are a team to beat.

David Lyold: David, I said this before, South Africa are a much better team than what that 4-0 test series defeat tells you. England, who are currently number 2 in the world, have outplayed almost every cricketing nation in the last 15 months or so, and South Africa has been one of those victims. But in ODIs, its a different ball game. South Africa have a deep batting lineup, and also a lot of allrounders in the side. Also, almost everyone in the team has contributed in this series, so they have done well.
But they havent won the last two games, so that will probably have some adverse effect on the team morale, but I am sure the coach and captain will be geeing up the team, and they will as hungry as over to win this match and this series.

David Gower: Well South Africa really were dominating England in the early part of this series, but the last two games have taken this epic series to a thrilling climax.
Lets now have a look at the conditions and the pitch with Ian Botham and Bob Willis.

Ian Botham: Thanks David. Well its a bright and sunny day here at Centurion for this final of sorts between South Africa and England. It is very pleasant, so the players and the crowd can enjoy an absorbing day of cricket.

2nookh

Coming to the pitch, I have my fellow commentator Bob alongside me, uh Bob, what do you think about the wicket?

2nooqw

Bob Willis: As you can see Ian, the pitch looks pretty dry and firm, which means we do have pace as well as some bounce on this wicket. The bounce wont be that much due to the soft nature of the soil, wherein the ground absorbs a large portion of the impact of the ball hitting the ground. But definately we can expect some fast and furious deliveries from the likes of Ntini and Harmison.

Ian Botham: Yes Bob, and I expect the pitch to last the entire 100 overs, so I dont think the toss will play a big role here.

Bob Willis: You got that right Ian, but having said that, due to the soft nature of the soil here, there might be some turn in the wicket towards the end, so probably batting second wouldnt be my preferred option.

Ian Botham: Yes indeed Ian. Thats all that we have from here, now its back to the studio.

David Gower: Thanks Ian and Bob. So what do you have to say about the wicket, Geoff?

Geoffery Boycott: Ah, I disagree with Bob there. We have to take into account that this is a day game with an early start. So there will be some movement in the morning, which can be exploited by the fast swing bowlers. I dont know how they missed that, but I would surely want to bowl first on this wicket.

David Gower: A very valid point there Geoffery.
Anyways its time for the coin toss with Michael Holding.

Michael Holding: Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen. We are ready for the coin toss, so if Michael Vaughan could please toss the coin....................Graeme Smith has called out tails..............and tails it is.

Congratulations Graeme, whats your decision?

Graeme Smith: We are going to bat first Michael. The wicket I think might change a bit in the afternoon when the sun falls on it directly, so I guess its better if we make good use of the pitch, batting first.

Michael Holding: And what about your team Graeme?

Graeme Smith: Well Adam Bacher is fit again, so he comes back into the side in place of Boeta Dippenaar. The rest of the side is unchanged.

Michael Holding: Now, we have a full house here today Graeme, for this massive game. How is the morale in your dressing room?

Graeme Smith: Well all of us are looking forward to this game. Its a great day for cricket, we have good weather, a full packed stadium, and a very important match. We are ready for it, and we are confident that we can win today.

Michael Holding: Thanks a lot Graeme, and all the best.

(in the mean time)

Paul Allot: Michael, are you happy to bowl first?

Michael Vaughan: No, Paul. I think this wicket will become even quicker as the match progresses as it is still soft now, but as the sun beats on it, I think it will become harder and it will help the faster bowlers. So probably they have taken the early advantage by winning the toss, but I am confident if we can pick up some early wickets and put them under pressure, we can contain them to about 220, which I am confident we can chase pretty easily.

Paul Allot: Any changes to your team, Michael?

Michael Vaughan: Yeah two changes, Paul. We've got Kabir Ali and Matthew Hoggard in the side today in place of James Anderson and Alex Wharf.

Paul Allot: Okay then Michael, wish you all the best for today's match

Michael Vaughan: Thanks mate.

Paul Allot: So there we have it, South Africa have won the toss and have elected to bat first.

David Gower: Now lets have a quick glimpse at the team lineups for today's game, starting with South Africa.

2noow6

Geoffery Boycott: Very impressive lineup there. Good solid batting, some hard hitters, and a long batting as you can see right down till Andrew Hall coming in at number ten. But the main threat for England are Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis and Justin Kemp. Obviously others like Smith, Bacher, Boucher are capable of doing well too, but I think England will want to get these three out as soon as possible.

2nooz8

David Gower: Two changes in the England side. Kabir Ali will be playing his first match of the series, so will be Matthew Hoggard. The rest of the team remains unchanged.

We are ready for the action to begin.......to lets join our commentators, Nasser Hussain and Paul Allot.

Users who are viewing this thread