Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
England strike early

Match udpate- England picked up three early wickets as South Africa were reduced to 49-3, before a recovery from Gibbs and Bacher.

South Africa 95-3 (20 Overs)
A. Bacher 34*(29) M. Hoggard 2-24
H. Gibbs 20*(33) S. Harmison 1-11
A. De Villiers 24(33)

Current RR: 4.75

Projected Scores:
Current RR(4.75) - 238
4 rpo - 215
5 rpo - 245
6 rpo - 275
8 rpo - 335
10 rpo - 395

David Gower: So a good recovery from Bacher and Gibbs after their side were once struggling at 49-3. Both these batsmen are looking very comfortable in the middle, and infact Bacher seems very aggressive today, as he really gone after the England bowlers.

Ian Botham: Yeah, Bacher is getting the runs quickly for South Africa, but we by no means must ignore the other man in the middle, Herschelle Gibbs. He is the top scorer in this series, and really could well take the game away from England single-handedly. I think England need to get rid off both these batsmen as soon as possible, while South Africa need these two stick for as long as possible, maybe atleast till the score about 180, so that there is no pressure on the likes of Kemp, Boucher and Pollock.

David Gower: And what did you think about Hoggard's bowling, as he is playing his first match of the series.

Ian Botham: Well David, he is a good bowler no doubt, but I think due to a lack of cricket, he has looked very rusty. I thought he deserved a shot in the ODI team, after his performance in the test series. He has got that chance, and what a match to get it in. And he has done well by picking up two crucial wickets, though he has gone for some runs in the process. I think his captain will be okay with that.

David Gower: Yes Ian, and now lets have look at the highlights from the first 20 overs.

2nub1z

2nub7q

Smith wasnt really looking all that comfortable against the pace of Harmison and swing of Hoggard. Finally getting caught by Vaughan off Hoggard for 10.

2nubzd

De Villiers not playing the best shot to a delivery like that, and getting his stumps rattled in the process. Great bowling by Steve Harmison.

2nucfr

A key wicket here for England and Hoggard as Kallis is a very dangerous batsman who has caused England problems in this series.

Sorry Sid but I expect SA to win here.. Would be nice to see the CPU win a series.

saisrini80 said:
Sorry Sid but I expect SA to win here.. Would be nice to see the CPU win a series.

Yeah would make a nice change :)

Also I'm not a real fan of England :rolleyes:

The Champ said:
No let Eng win mate, cpu r dominating my thread, lets give them a beating

But still the CPU hasnt won a series against you yet, is it??/

And here, Siddarth is a better human player than most of us. So, would like to see SA win here!!!

I have lost a test series to the CPU before. It was against New Zealand and in England they NZ won 2-0 ( 3 test series). I however won the ODI series also including Sri Lanka by beating SL in the final.

Other series that I played ended like this:
Eng's tour of NZ
Test Series 1-1 draw (3 tests)
ODI Series 3-2 win

Eng's tour of Zim
Test Series 2-0 win (2 tests)
ODI Series 3-0 win (3 ODIs)

ICC Champions Trophy
Beat Kenya
Lost to Pakistan - as a result dint qualify for the semis

Ind's tour of Eng
Test Series 1-1 draw (2 tests)

Eng v Aus v Ind (Natwest Series)
Lost all group matches v Australia
Won all group matches v India
Won final v Australia

Eng v Australia - the Ashes
could complete only the first test which England won

Eng v Namibia - 2 one day matches ended 1-1 draw (yeah i've lost to Namibia!! see the start of this thread!!)

Eng v Zimbabwe - 4 ODIs, won 4-0

And now the South African tour
drew 4 day match with South Africa A
Beat South Africa 4-0 in a 5 test match series
beat South Africa A in a one day match
currently level 2-2 vs South Africa, with the last game in progress.

Oh sorry then.. But still I havent seen a CPU series win so far.. Would like to see it here..

saisrini80 said:
Oh sorry then.. But still I havent seen a CPU series win so far.. Would like to see it here..

Sai!Dont Forget my Story now,Remember India winning The series Againts pakistan(user) :p

fardin said:
Sai!Dont Forget my Story now,Remember India winning The series Againts pakistan(user) :p

O yeah yeah.. I am sorry, I forgot that buddy.. Thanks for reminding

Users who are viewing this thread