Story England's International Season (Sep 2004 Onwards) [C2005]

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
Bacher smashes ton, Hoggard bags four wickets

Match update- Adam Bacher scored a fantastic century as South Africa reach 240-7 after 44 overs.

South Africa 240-7 (44 Overs)
S. Pollock 11*(16) M. Hoggard 4-42
N. Boje 9*(10)
A. Bacher 119(96)
H. Gibbs 28(45)

Current RR: 5.45

Projected Scores:
Current (5.45 rpo) - 273
5 rpo - 270
6 rpo - 276
8 rpo - 288
10 rpo - 300

Michael Holding: Well the main highlight so far has been Adam Bacher's century. His 119 came off just 95 balls as he blasted the England bowlers to all parts of the ground, scoring a total of 19 fours.

Geoffery Boycott: Yeah, he was sensational today. Very confident with his shots, and really never looked like someone who has just made a return to international cricket. Well played sir!

Michael Holding: Yes Geoffery, and so as it stand now South Africa have score 240-7 after 44 overs. Matthew Hoggard has taken 4 wickets for the visitors.

Lets have a quick look at the highlights in the last 24 overs.

4g3sjk

4g3t35

Gibbs edges the ball straight back to Giles, attempting to push the ball down legside.

4g3tdi

Justin Kemp is caught by Harmison off Kabir Ali

4g3tjk

A superb hundred by Bacher

4g3tpw

Hoggard picks up his third wicket, that of Matthew Hoggard

South Africa post a good total!

South Africa 283-8 (50 Overs)
A. Bacher 119(95) M. Hoggard 4-54
S. Pollock 33*(37)
H. Gibbs 28(45)

South Africa need 284 runs to win from 50 Overs
Required RR: 5.68

David Gower: So a total of 78 runs were scored in the last 10 overs. This was mainly due to some hard hitting from Adam Bacher, Shaun Pollock and Nicky Boje. But really the main talking point about this South African inning was Bacher's century. I mean the fact that the next highest scorer in the team in Pollock with 33, speaks volumes about how important that inning was for South Africa.

Nasser Hussain: Yes and I think Bacher was the difference between an ordinary score and a terrific one. Believe me, 283 on that wicket is an excellent score. We were saying that a score of around 250 would be considered to be a good total on this wicket. 283 is really good and its going be very difficult for England to chase this target, as the pitch becomes harder, bouncier and quicker.

David Gower: For England, Matthew Hoggard was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 4-54. Steve Harmison, Ashley Giles, Kabir Ali and Ian Bell each picked up one wicket.

Now lets have a look at the highlights in the last six overs:

ihnp-384507.jpg

Nicky Boje is caught by Pieterson

I didn't expect such a total from SA. This sets a very nice platform for another brilliant game between the two teams. Good Luck!

Johann said:
I didn't expect such a total from SA. This sets a very nice platform for another brilliant game between the two teams. Good Luck!
Yes Johann, this is really a very good total posted by the home side. I am going to have a tough time chasing this score.

South Africa on top!!

Match update- Makhaya Ntini picks up three wickets, as England find themselves in deep deep trouble.

England 68-4 (20 Overs)
M. Trescothick 29*(57) M. Ntini 3-34
K. Pieterson 5*(11)

England need another 216 runs to win from 30 overs
(Current RR: 3.40, Required RR: 7.20)

Paul Allot: Well England are really in a tough position here. 4 wickets down, still over 200 runs to score at a run rate of 7.2 from now on. I can say that only a brave man would bet against the home side now.

David Lyold: Yeah, its disappointing to see those England dismissals. The run out was completely unnecessary and really put a lot of pressure early on on the England batsmen.

Paul Allot: Makhaya Ntini was the man who caused the damage, picking up three key wickets, Bell, Strauss and now Vaughan.

Lets have a look at the highlights

4g5g5z

Ian Bell doesnt stick for long in the middle

4g5hg3

4g5jqt

Geraint Jones, Durban hero, is run out for a duck here!

4g663b

4g66g8

From bad to worse for the visitors as Strauss is also dismissed.

Ha Ha.. IN the Geriant Jones run out screenshot, Geriant Jones's bat is seen going all the way into the pitch..

Wonder how light the pitch is for the bat to go in!!

(joking.. i know its an EA bug)

Paul Allot: So South Africa are very much on top in this game, and their fans are absolutely loving it.

4gl18l

Cant say the same about the Barmy Army.

4gllli

Michael Vaughan who has not had a great time in this ODI Series, walks back to the pavillion dejected.

4glmo3

Users who are viewing this thread