Story Englands International Season (Sponsored By Durex)

58774f1b.jpg
8ceb783b.jpg

England Vs Pakistan (now using Boss's latest patch + fields) (Sams exe for batting and runout exe when bowling)

Pitch Conditions missed im afraid due to fraps buggering up :mad:
Dusty, Hot and Humid, no chance of rain.

England win the toss and elect to field. Superb opening bowling from Gough and Harmison. They restrick Pakistan to under 50 in the first 15 overs. Pakistan just couldnt beat the fielders, and actually scored most of their runs off cuts which went through the slip cordon. There were a few edges, of which all dropped short of the slips. Malik played well, but waited way to long to open his arms, making 74 off 165 balls. I wasnt untill the arrival of Afridi, that the innings started to get a move on, and by then it was to late really. Pakistan needed to push hard in the last 15, a score of 230 might just be defendable but 190 means England can tick along at 3.80 runs per over to win. All England bowlers performed well, a slight misjudgment by the captain meant that Darren Gough was unable to complete his overs but it matterd little in the end.

Screens to follow in 30 minutes

Poor

England have lost the first National game of the season. Victory looked easy, maybe that was my downfall. After the first few overs i realised this wasnt going to be as easy as i thought. Maybe batting last on a dusty pitch was nbot the best choice. When Trescothick fell, clearly trying to force the pace after a slow start it looked bad. To many players were out of form in this game, and after working hard in the field this is a game they really should have won. The only player to stand up and be counted was a tough and aggressive knock by Andrew Flintoff, who at one point looked like he might bring England back into the game one handed. Wharf managed a respectable knock down the order. Pakistan bowled well, all bowlers played out of there skin, much like Englands. In the end the batting performances between the teams was the difference. England looked rusty, and used to Test match cricket, struggling to force the pace, well they play New Zealand next in another odi and will be looking for a much better performance.

(can anyone spot the bug in my screenshots :D )

ccedf1d7.jpg
febcf534.jpg

a6822628.jpg
db5287d8.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread