Story England's Internationals - England v WI - England win series 2-0

The game is in England's favour.. 210 with just 4 wickets is a huge ask. Poor display by Windies but great work by Phil though :)

2nd wicket goes down with the score on 144

Shivnarine Chanderpaul was clean bowled by Jimmy Anderson, bring to an end a slow innings of 45 from 115 balls, his strike rate was only helped by a couple of sizzling boundaries. Defence was his downfall in the end as he left a ball that was swinging back into him and it bowled his off stump. Anderson was delighted and England were on the brink of victory with the West Indies on 144/7 and Ian Bradshaw with the new man Corey Collymore at the crease.

Players arrive back on the pitch at the start of Day 4

West Indies finished the third day of the 2nd Npower Test Match at Lords on 156/7, with Ian Bradshaw on 0* from 20 and Corey Collymore on 0* from 22. England looked to push on and seemed focus as they stepped out on the hallowed turf at Lords. All the runs scored from the wicket of Chanderpaul were extras given away by some shabby wicket keeping from Chris Read.

Bradshaw goes for 0

Ian Bradshaw went for a duck as the England juggernout looked like going 2-0 up in the Npower Test Series. Bradshaw tried to defend a Harmison delivery off the back foot, but got an inside edge through to Chris Read. The West Indies looked like total capitulation and were 161-8 with Jerome Taylor at the crease with Corey Collymore.

Broad finally breaks solid defensive wall

Stuart Broad took the 9th wicket of the West Indian 2nd innings at Lords to move England just one wicket short of a brilliant test victory. After Steve Harmison and Monty Panesar spent forever trying to get Corey Collymore and Jerome Taylor out, and then Michael Vaughan brought Stuart Broad on, who got Taylor out in his first over. Taylor got a thin edge behind to Chris Read. Jerome Taylor went for a painfully slow 0 rom 41 balls. Only one run had been scored from the bat since the score was on 144, with a lot of no balls and byes being given away, something the England management will not be happy about. At the fall of wicket the West Indians were 173/9 with Fidel Edwards the last man in.

England 273

West Indies 239
England 318

West Indies 173/9 (71 Overs)

Collymore 1 (69)
Edwards 0 (3)

England need 1 wicket to win
West Indies need 181 runs to win

Thats it.... England pulling out a huge win! i can see a mediocre team than India :p Anyways, well played England.. and nice presentation as usual Phil :clap

Well done England, a great win. Broady got the final wicket of the day. Good pres Phil

impossible stuff for WI now as they need 181 runs with just 1 wicket remaining .Nice presentation Phil

England take 2-0 series lead

England have taken a 2-0 lead in the Npower Test Series against the West Indies, with a comprehensive 160 run win at Lords. This meaning the best the visitors can hope for is a drawn series. The West Indian innings was wrapped up for 193, with Steve Harmison getting Corey Collymore to edge behind to Chris Read for 0. Lords applauded a great test win and a great performance from the England bowlers. Collymore was out for an incredibly slow 1 from 82 balls. England will be delighted with everything apart from the extras count with 33 no balls and 40 byes being given away. Steve Harmison bowled well at the tail, claiming 3-fer while debutant Stuart Broad will be pleased with his 2-fer after his early crucial wicket of dangerman Chris Gayle. Only Darren Ganga and Shivnarine Chanderpaul really got going for the West Indies but even they were unable to convert starts.

Post match presentation and Analysis coming up soon...

great update, a lucky win :P:P just kidding there phil, nice presentation and a great win

Super,super stu,super super stu,super,super stu,super stuart broad!

Leicester Fox said:
Super,super stu,super super stu,super,super stu,super stuart broad!

Has taken only two wickets right... then i wud say, wonderful bowling Vaughny for 2 maidens in 2 overs :p ;)

Anyways, great win for England and Windies need some motivation to keep up their spirits high and fight in next test for a victory. Nice presentation as as alwaaayssss Phil :)

Post Match Presentation

Atherton: Hello and welcome to Lords for the post match presentation from the 2nd Npower Test between England and the West Indies. England came out of this match taking a 2-0 series lead with a 160 run victory. First, lets speak to the captain on the losing side, Brian Lara. Hello Brian.

Lara: Hi Athers.

Atherton: Well Brian, disappointing result for you here at Lords.

Lara: Well yes, Athers. After bowling England out for 280 we should have gone on to pile up a big total, but our batting didn't fire and we let them get too many runs in their second innings. That was the key to the match in my opinion.

Atherton: Which individual performances from your team were you pleased with?

Lara: Well Colly bowled well first time around, and then Shivnarine batted well in both innings, he was unfortunate to not get a hundred in the 1st innings then was kinda left stranded in the 2nd.

Atherton: And your personal form, it must have been disappointed to have been run out twice.

Lara: Yeah you know that was certainly very disappointing. I've got to look to pick myself up now and play well at Old Trafford.

Atherton: Ok, well thanks for that Brian.

Lara: Cheers Athers.

Atherton: Now we'll speak to the captain of the victorious team, Michael Vaughan. Hello Michael.

Vaughan: Hi Athers.

Atherton: Well Vaughney, great win in the match, your views on going 2-0 up in the series.

Vaughan: Oh its fantastic, we've gotta keep it going to be honest Athers. We've played some marvellous cricket in these two matches, and I feel we deserve to be 2-0 up.

Atherton: Anyone in specific you'd like to praise for their performance?

Vaughan: Well, Cooky played well in the first innings, and Freddie was fantastic with both bat and ball. KP was superb in the 2nd innnings. To be honest, I didn't really want to single players out as it was a brilliant team performance.

Atherton: And your personal form?

Vaughan: Obviously its been disappointing not to get a big score. But I feel a big score is around the corner and the last time I played at Old Trafford I got a big hundred so I hope I can do that again.

Atherton: Ok, any changes ahead of Old Trafford?

Vaughan: Well, me and Tom will sit down, have a chat and decide a few things.

Atherton: Any news on the fitness of Matthew Hoggard?

Vaughan: Hoggy seems to be doing well, but we'll have to wait and see.

Atherton: Cheers Michael. Now for his 65 in England's 2nd innings and 2 match wickets, England's man of the match, Andrew Flintoff. Hello Andrew.

Flintoff: Hi Athers.

Atherton: You must be delighted to go 2-0 up in the series and happy at a good game for yourself.

Flintoff: Yeah its great to go 2-0 up. To be honest, although I had a decent game I didn't really think my performance warranted Man Of the Match, especially when you have guys like KP who scored a brilliant 85.

Atherton: Yeah you put on a good partnership with KP that helped set up a very challenging total for the West Indies to chase.

Flintoff: Yeah that was pleasing, although disappointing that neither of us went on to three figures.

Atherton: Well good luck at Old Trafford and enjoy the champagne tonight.

Flintoff: Cheers Athers, I will do.

Post Match Analysis coming up soon

Users who are viewing this thread