Story England's Internationals - England v WI - England win series 2-0

Atherton: And your personal form, it must have been disappointed to have been run out twice.

Lara: Yeah you know that was certainly very disappointing. I've got to look to pick myself up now and play well at Old Trafford.

You know, a person from India always predict a double/triple century.. but you always disappoint him :p

Nice presentation Phil as always :clap

Nice win for England :clap the interview was really impressive, great presentation Phil as usual

Last edited:

Gower: Well, now we will take a look back at the 2nd test here at Lords. England came out victorious by 160 runs to take a 2-0 series lead. I am here with David Lloyd and Michael Holding. David, which aspects of this win will England be most pleased about.

Lloyd: Well, I think that West Indian 2nd innings will be pleasing for the England boys. At Trent Bridge, England nearly lost the game by not being clinical second time around with the ball, that changed at Lords, they were really up for it.

Gower: Ok, and good for Kevin Pietersen to get a score after a couple of low one's.

Lloyd: Well, everyone expects KP to get a big one everytime he bats, but he wont always be able to do that. He has looked in good form in recent games, but has just got out, in the 2nd innings here he just went on and played a brilliant KP innings. We needn't worry about him.

Gower: And Michael, disappointing performance from the West Indies.

Holding: Yes David, it was poor. Shivnarine played well, but the others didn't really look bothered. I was baffled by the decision to not bowl Mohammed at all in either innings.

Gower: Brian Lara doesn't seem to be in fantastic touch?

Holding: No he's not in good nick, he needs to spend time in the nets before Old Trafford. The two run outs symbolised his play at the moment.

Gower: So, we'll see you in Manchester at the home of cricket Old Trafford for the third npower test, a week on Thursday.

Yes David, it was poor. Shivnarine played well, but the others didn't really look bothered.

Yes, no team spirit from Windies which is what causing them severe troubles. Nice Analysis Phil :clap Lets see if Lara atleast get triggered this time!

I like the analysis its truely like professional work and 1 suggestion for u that using faces of Gower, Holding etc before their name will make it look even more attractive.

I like the analysis its truely like professional work and 1 suggestion for u that using faces of Gower, Holding etc before their name will make it look even more attractive.

I wouldn't say so. The text flows better without a mugshot.

England announce 12 man squad for 3rd Test

England have named a 12 man squad for the 3rd Npower Test which begins at Old Trafford on Thursday. Matthew Hoggard replaces James Anderson in the England squad, allowing Anderson to pwn for Lancashire. Hoggard has recovered from an injury which kept him out of the first test. Paul Collingwood is in the squad once again but so far in the series hasn't played. Stuart Broad keeps his place in the squad. The squad is as follows:

Cook
Strauss
Vaughan (Captain)
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Flintoff
Read (wk)
Broad
Harmison
Hoggard
Panesar

Looks nice and strong however bring in Prior!!!! Hoggy back but Broad has to play :p give colly a chance now

Windies will dominate this time.. Wait.. Lara alone will atleast dominate :(

Sky Sports Guide to Old Trafford

Ahead of the third Npower Test at Old Trafford in Manchester, David Lloyd went back to his spiritual home of Old Trafford to give you a guide on the ground.

Lloyd: It feels good to be back here, forget your Lords, Egbaston, The Oval, this is the heart of English cricket. This is the 150th year that cricket has been played at Old Trafford, playing host to Lancashire and some fabulous test matches during its time, with the Old Trafford making its Test Debut in 1884.

A bird's eye view of Old Trafford

The two bowling ends at Old Trafford are the Stretford End and the Brian Statham End, with the pavilion square of the wicket. The pitch here is prepared by legend Peter Marron, famous for preparing fast wickets. This stood up again last year as Steve Harmison and co. skittled out Pakistan for 119.

The famous Old Trafford Pavilion

Two years ago in the Ashes 2005, thousands were locked out of a packed Old Trafford on the 5th Day of the Test Match, which turned out to be a real nail biter. Old Trafford is going to go under construction work to modernise it and slightly move away from the old-fashioned cricket ground look.

Ashes 2005: Thousands locked out

Travel to Old Trafford:
Train - Mainline station Piccadilly/Oxford Road/Deansgate
Tram - Old Trafford stop on Altrincham line outside the ground
Car - Reasonable parking on match days within walking distance of ground

Stats:
71 Tests:
England: 22 wins; 14 defeats; 34 draws

Nice stats about Old Trafford! I liked that " travel to OT " i.e train, tram and car.... nice! But how to come from India :p ;)

great Work Phil :clap

Users who are viewing this thread