ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Game, Set and Match : England.

Tough luck for Windies.. Unless a miracle like rain happens, there is no chance for Windies now.. :( Nice presentation as usual Phil :clap

PhilD123

International Coach
Sorry about the lack of updates recently, I've been away and now by computer has stopped working. I'm on a laptop which hasn't got Cricket 07 installed on it. Hopefully, my PC will be working again soon.

PhilD123

International Coach
Good news, my PC is back working and I have the files from the game from a back up, so no problem. I'll update again after I've installed and got the roster, kits and bat packs etc.

PhilD123

International Coach
Just to let you know, PC completely back in full running order now and there should be an update tommorow, the first for quite a while!

PhilD123

International Coach
Bravo hits out at Harmison​

Ramnaresh Sarwan and Dwayne Bravo progressed the West Indies score after the wicket of Shivnarine Chanderpaul. And in one particular Steve Harmison over, Bravo really took the attack to the Geordie. Firstly, he hit a four through cover, then he smashed a massive six over long on, before finishing the 14 run over like he started it by cover driving Harmison for four again.

Panesar gets massive wicket

Monty Panesar took England within 5 wickets of a win at Old Trafford after bowling key man Ramnaresh Sarwan. Sarwan tried to straight drive a Panesar delivery but completely missed it and looked back to see his off stump had been pegged back. Sarwan got a slow 9 from 46 balls. The West Indies were 220/5 still needing 208 more runs to win and a session and a half left in the game. Denesh Ramdin was the new man at the crease and he was the last recognised batsman.

Ramdin walks back for a duck

Denesh Ramdin was dismissed for a 4th ball duck at Old Trafford as England were surely closing in on a series victory. He was beaten as he tried to slog a Steve Harmison inswinging yorker, it was a wreckless shot in the situation and brought Dave Mohammed to the crease with the West Indies on 232/6, still needing 196 runs to win.

2 in 2 for Harmison

Steve Harmison got his 2nd wicket in 2 balls as he dismissed Dave Mohammed first ball to leave the West Indies on 232/7. Mohammed hit the ball up in the air into the leg side in his first ball and was collected comfortably by Monty Panesar at square leg. A poor shot first up by Mohammed and that brought Collymore to the crease with surely no hope for the West Indies now. Meanwhile, Steve Harmison was on a hat trick...

No hat trick for Harmison

With Steve Harmison on a hat trick, he bowled an attempted yorker to the new batsman Corey Collymore, but Collymore easily defended back to the fast bowler.

Bravo left fuming after run out

Dwayne Bravo was left fuming after he was run out for 45 from 70 balls after Corey Collymore ran out his partner out by calling for an impossible run from the non strikers end. The batsmen did not even get the chance to cross, meaning it was Bravo and not Collymore that got dismissed. It had been a good innings from Bravo with 7 fours and 2 sixes. Earlier Corey Collymore had hit a six with his 2nd ball. The West Indies were now facing up to a series defeat on 238/8 with Jerome Taylor new at the crease.

Tea is called with England on the brink

Steve Bucknor called tea with England on the brink of a Wisden Trophy series victory despite a late bit of hitting from Corey Collymore and Jerome Taylor on the stroke of tea. Both of them hit 3 fours, but the session belonged to England and especially Steve Harmison, who was one wicket away from another 5-fer and a match 10-fer. The West Indies were on 263/8 going into tea.

Day 5 - Tea

England 601/7dec (Vaughan 152, Edwards 4-99)

West Indies 434 (Lara 111, Harmison 5-115)England 260/6dec (Collingwood 65, Taylor 2-50)

West Indies 263/8 (67 Overs) (Harmison 4-93, Panesar 2-74)

Collymore 18 (14)
Taylor 13 (13)

West Indies need 165 runs to win

England need 2 wickets to win

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
hehe i expected this from Windies though :) Its shocking to see Sarwan getting out after seeming to have settled in well...Also poor runout there.. these are the things Windies should have avoided. Anyways, fantastic presentation Phil :cool:

PhilD123

International Coach
Collymore and Taylor frustrate England

Corey Collymore and Jerome Taylor frustrated England after tea, in a period of play which saw Flintoff knock the stumps out of the ground before looking behind to see a no ball had been called. Despite only scoring 9 runs in the 10 over period, the two tail enders were annoying England's bowlers to no end on 272/8.

England fury after LBW not given

Michael Vaughan brought Paul Collingwood on to bowl with his other bowlers not doing the tricks. Collingwood caused problems and was very unlucky not to get a with with his 4th ball. The ball swung back in, hitting Jerome Taylor on the pads. It looked an easy decision for the umpire, but he decided to give it not out.

Day 5 - 5:05 PM

England 601/7dec (Vaughan 152, Edwards 4-99)

West Indies 434 (Lara 111, Harmison 5-115)
England 260/6dec (Collingwood 65, Taylor 2-50)

West Indies 282/8 (83 Overs) (Harmison 4-93, Panesar 2-78)

Collymore 22 (60)
Taylor 14 (63)

West Indies need 146 runs to win

England need 2 wickets to win

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Lol, i remember a commentry from EA 05 game, " when you have two wickets in hand, they spend hours at the crease, and it frustrates the opponents " something like that :p If it happens here for another 1 hr, it would lead to lots of frustration for sure ;)

As usual, fantastic works :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread