Story England's Internationals - England v WI - England win series 2-0

Com'on Windies get them below 320! And how abt a 400 from Lara alone :p Anyways Windies look comfortable.. Great comeback by Lara's men!

This innings should be over pretty quickly as Harmison goes now. He tries sweeping and is caught at short leg for just 5 runs.

No11 Jimmy Anderson enters the crease now with England at 311/9.

Wow, Panesar and Anderson really helped England there, getting them from 311/9 to 348 all out, with a 37 run partnership. Panesar made 25 off 30 balls before edging behind to Dwayne Bravo at 4th slip. While, James Anderson made 12*.

The West Indians leave the field, after bowling England out for 348. They will have to bat out some overs before stumps.

David Lloyd: Wait, we are hearing that because of bad light, the umpires have drawn stumps. So the West Indian batting innings will begin in the morning.

Last edited:
yeah Monty batted well nice presentation mate keep on

Thats poor response from Lara towards the end allowing last pair to bat! Com'on Gayle.. Com'on Lara.. Smash them all over :p

Phil, i guess u remember our bank transactions.. How abt a Lara's 200 now??? :D

surendar said:
Phil, i guess u remember our bank transactions.. How abt a Lara's 200 now??? :D
Oh I remember :p I won!

I wouldn't bet against Lara getting 200, when the good players start to get going on this game, they can kill you (not literally :p )

PhilD123 said:
I wouldn't bet against Lara getting 200, when the good players start to get going on this game, they can kill you (not literally :p )
Thats right. In 4 and 5 star once the CPU after settling goes absolute bonkers and you have to set an extremely defensive field in order to get the batsman out caught in the deep or hope he misses and you hit.

Day 1 Chat
With David Gower, Ian Botham and David Lloyd

David Gower: Hello, and welcome to Day 1 Chat today, its been a fascinating day of test cricket. And England managed a par score 348 batting first on this Trent Bridge wicket, with half centuries from Alastair Cook, Andrew Strauss and Andrew Flintoff. The West Indies did not bowl well to start with but gradually improved throughout the day. Their star performer was left-arm spinner Dave Mohammed, he took 4-77. Ian Botham, what did you make of the day?

Ian Botham: Well David, 348 isn't a bad score, but England would have liked 400. I would like to praise Andrew Flintoff. His 50 while batting with the tail was fantastic and very much influential in England getting to where they did.

David Gower: Absolutely Ian, now David Lloyd, what did you make of the West Indies bowlers?

David Lloyd: I thought, they bowled pretty well through the day, especially Dave Mohammed. However, Mohammed apart, I felt they were quite expensive. Out of the pacemen, I feel that Jerome Taylor was the best bowler without much reward, he made the batsmen play and miss a lot during the day.

David Gower: Now lets go to some of the emails sent in by viewers. Joe in Leicestershire says that he is suprised by how cheaply England have lost their wickets given the fact the Windies attack isn't too strong. What do you too make of that?

Ian Botham: Well first of all I think it is a bit of an insult to say that the West Indies bowling attack isn't strong. However, I do feel Cook and Strauss should have gone on to get 100's this morning so perhaps England should be disappointed that their wickets went down as cheaply as they did.

David Lloyd: Well I think that the West Indies bowling attack without Taylor today would have conceded at least 400 runs. He built the pressure on the England batsmen and kept the runs down. Thats probably why England have lost their wickets so cheaply.

David Gower: A statement for you David Lloyd, plympilgrim has emailed in saying that it was great batting by Monty, and with 75 more runs he would have his maiden test century.

David Lloyd: Well I loved Monty time out there today. He batted wonderfully with Jimmy Anderson. He will have to deliever tomorrow with the ball to help England.

David Gower: I thought you'd say that. Anyway, Suren has also emailed us saying that he can see Brian Lara getting a double hundred tomorrow. Do you two think he has any chance?

Ian Botham: Perhaps if he is on top form, when he is on top form he can get a double hundred against any bowling attack in the world. I expect him to play Monty well.

David Lloyd: If he does, England will have to face a long day in the field. England need to bowl well at him early on and hope he falls before he gets his eye in.

David Gower:
Ok, well that will be it for today. Thank you both for answering these questions and thank you at home for asking them. See you nice and early tomorrow for the start of day 2 here at Trent Bridge.

nice work, mnoty should destroy the windies and get LAra out for a quack quack, haha Suren :p

Nice presentation Phil :clap Also i am still investing my money on Lara.. Allow him alone to bat :D

ok coming to serious now, Windies main backbone is Lara that too in test matches..no doubts.. Gayle need to start off well.. If England get rid of Gayle & Lara, they are safe... I think former ( gayle ) is possible but not the latter (Lara) :p

Nice presentation mate keep it up
@ suren - Are you a match Fixer? :D Spending money on Lara :o

As 11 o?clock dawns on Day 2 of this Npower Test Match between England and the West Indies, the batsmen, bowlers and umpire enter the pitch.

Slower ball outside off stump from Matthew Hoggard in the first over of the innings, Ganga plays and misses.

In the fifth over, Ganga guides Hoggard for 4 through the vacant third man?s position.

Fantastic shot by Gayle, right through the covers from the bowling of Steve Harmison. The shot gets Gayle off the mark.

Gayle just uses the pace of a 92mph Steve Harmison delivery to guide it down to third man for four runs. The West Indies are now on 23/0.

Gayle pulls Harmison through square-leg for four runs, 27/0 now and England have now put a fielder at square leg.

Oh dear, that?s a silly shot from Ganga and he pays the price for it with his wicket. Hoggard bowled a bouncer, and all Ganga could do was hook it to Andrew Strauss deliberately placed for that shot at backward square leg.

Hoggard and co. celebrate England?s first wicket of the summer.

Brian Lara enters the crease with the score on 27/1. The West Indies will be looking for a big one from him.

Oooh, big wicket! Gayle is out as he edges a rising ball from Steve Harmison to Monty Panesar at third slip for 16 runs. After suddenly gaining powers which make him field like Jonty Rhodes, Monty is England?s best fielder.

Gayle makes the long walk back to the crease having made just 16 runs. 2 wickets have fallen with the score on 27, which will no doubt disappoint the West Indies.

Shivnarine Chanderpaul is the next man at the crease for the West Indians, England will look to gain more wickets while the West Indies need to have a healthy third wicket partnership.

Ooooh! I like it Brian. A pull shot from Lara gets him on to 5* as it just beats the Englishman situated at square leg for four runs.

With 15 overs bowled, Andrew Flintoff comes on as first change for Steve Harmison who bowled well in his spell, with figures of 1-20 from 7 overs.

Lara punishes Flintoff with a fine pull shot to move him onto 9* from 16 deliveries.

Lancastrian Jimmy Anderson starts his first international spell of the summer now, after replacing swing bowler Matthew Hoggard. Hoggard got very economical figures of 1-13 from 9 overs in his opening spell.

Well Chanderpaul never really got going, in fact he is out for a duck from 20 balls. He tried to be adventurous and hook Andrew Flintoff but could only find fielder Andrew Strauss.

The duck illustrates Chanderpaul?s score and with the score on 39/3, he makes the long and embarrassing walk back to the pavilion. Flintoff will be pleased with the wicket.

No.5 Ramnaresh Sarwan is the next man in.​

England 348

West Indies 39/3 (20 Overs)
Lara 9*(30)
Sarwan 0*(5)

Hoggard 9-2-13-1
Harmison 7-2-20-1
Flintoff 3-1-5-1
Anderson 1-1-0-0
====================================================

In other news, Mr Suren Ram of India has today been arrested after admitting to trying to bribe the England bowling attack to let Brian Lara get a double hundred in the ongoing test match at Trent Bridge. It is reported that Mr Ram had a ?1000 bet on the West Indian getting a double hundred. Despite England's recent money troubles, the bowling attack did not agree to this bribe and instead quickly reported it to the police.

Users who are viewing this thread