Story England's Internationals - England v WI - England win series 2-0

this should be an easy england victory if they can get to 350+ quickly (lead)

I am going to Italy on a skiing trip with school until next Sunday so I will update probably on the Monday, that'll be the 19th Feb. I have already started writing next update. Thats just so you know I haven't abandoned the story. Till then,

Phil

With the score on 5/0, the players settle themselves for the evening session.

Oooh, that?s what the West Indies need, Cook plays a loose cut shot and departs for just nine, a wonderful diving catch from fourth slip Dwayne Bravo.

That?s the way the Cookie crumbles and it?s Fidel Edwards that has got the wicket, England still well on top though.

England captain Michael Vaughan arrives at the crease.

Vaughan cuts Fidel Edwards over point for four runs.

And now the England captain has hit Edwards for a four through cover in the paceman?s next over. The score is 32/1.

Andrew Strauss hits his first boundary and moves onto 20* with a drive through cover.

Vaughan clips away into the leg side for the 3rd four of his innings.

Strauss is out! He clips a Corey Collymore delivery straight to Dave Mohammed at square leg, England are 2 down,

Strauss walks back to the pavilion. He made 32 from 59 deliveries with just 1 four.

Kevin Pietersen arrives at the crease with England on 61/2.

Pietersen moves onto 11* as he clips Collymore through the leg side for his first boundary.

Edward comes into the attack and gets a wicket with the first over of his new spell. Vaughan goes for 33 after hooking a short ball straight to square leg.

Michael Vaughan walks back to the crease having gotten out so disappointedly near to the end of the day. He made 33 from 70 balls.

Ian Bell arrives at the crease as a man under pressure. England need to survive until the end of the day and are 87/3.

Oh dear, Bell gets out for a third ball duck! He guides a Edwards delivery to short leg.

His place is really under pressure now, he?s failed for the second time in the match and let England down.

England in a bit of trouble at 87/4. Pietersen and Flintoff need a big partnership now.​

David Gower: The umpire calls stumps with England on 88/4. Despite these late wickets, England have controlled the day with a magnificent bowling performance. Join us after the break where myself David Lloyd and Ian Botham will review the day.

Stumps Day 2

England 348
West Indies 156
England 88/4

Pietersen 11* (22)
Flintoff 0* (2)

Taylor 8-1-26-0
Edwards 8-0-26-3
Mohammed 7-2-16-0
Collymore 7-1-20-1

back with a bang Phil ;) good stuff mate, England should win from here

England looking comfortable atm especially with KP at the crease becos of the healthy lead!

although england are miles ahead they are losing their way a bit hewre

Day 2 Chat

David Gower: Now I am joined by commentators David Lloyd and Ian Botham to assess day 2 of this Npower Test Match here at Trent Bridge. So Ian, what do you feel about the West Indian batting performance today

Ian Botham: Apart from Dwayne Bravo they were just not good enough. Too many of them tried to hook a lot and it proved to be their downfall. When Brian Lara goes cheaply you know it will not be the West Indies day.

David Lloyd: What about Harmy though! He loves playing against the Windies, it wasn't quite as good as his 7-12 but it was an impressive spell of bowling.

David Gower: Now then, how did you think England went about their batting performance?

David Lloyd: Oh, well it wasn't good at all, collapsing from 87-2 to 87-4, if they hadn't done that I would have said it was nearly start the car time, but they have let the West Indies back in with a sniff. Saying all that, England still have a massive lead and should wrap the game up.

David Gower: Thank you both for your views and thanks also to you at home for watching today. Remember to tune in tomorrow morning at 11 A.M.

Loose, undisciplined bowling performance from the Windies. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread