England's stars 'want IPL chance'

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Players' boss Sean Morris says England cricketers want to play in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and should be given the chance to do so.

Source: BBC Sport

England has been the biggest country so far to be largely unaffected by the rebel or breakaway leagues. It seems not for long.

But I don't think any problem there..
Whole World is after money in every sport so Why don't just English players???

I really want to see KP,Colly Broad Ect in to IPL..at last now Cricket is all about entertainment then everybody should take part in it..

I wouldn't say England have been unaffected by the Indian leagues, the international side maybe, but in county its a different story.

If I were the ECB I wouldn't allow any centrally contracted player to play in the league myself. Their job is to play cricket for England. If they want extra match practice then they can play in county games, preferably in CCh or 50 over matches.

But I don't think any problem there..
Whole World is after money in every sport so Why don't just English players???

I really want to see KP,Colly Broad Ect in to IPL..at last now Cricket is all about entertainment then everybody should take part in it..

Everyone wants money. Indeed, all cricketers that play for the domestic teams here are paid by them or, if they are centrally contracted, paid by the ECB. So they all have a decent wage to live on already. Towards the end of their careers, more often than not they have benefit years. Any other money is for greed IMO.

Although the thought of all of the biggest stars of international cricket playing against each other in a fast, action packed competition is tantalising, I do not approve of the Indian Premier League. It is unlikely to aid any country other than India itself. India's young players are being given valuable experience, India is getting huge amounts of money from foreign interest in it.

Oh I'm fairly certain that Indian fans will be moaning about how IPL is ruining Indian cricket soon enough Lee.

I wouldn't say England have been unaffected by the Indian leagues, the international side maybe, but in county its a different story.

If I were the ECB I wouldn't allow any centrally contracted player to play in the league myself. Their job is to play cricket for England. If they want extra match practice then they can play in county games, preferably in CCh or 50 over matches.

Well and if I were the BCCI then I would have never started League like IPL..:p
I am not in favor of IPL but when whole cricket world have excepted it I don't have problem English player taking part in it..
I also want entertainment but not on expense of the game..
Even some countries have cancelled their tours due to IPL then why just English player can't play their...;)

If I was the BCCI, I would re sign.

The money cow is out to corrupt every country, England's players are just next on the list for the BCCI.

Well and if I were the BCCI then I would have never started League like IPL..:p
I am not in favor of IPL but when whole cricket world have excepted it I don't have problem English player taking part in it..
I also want entertainment but not on expense of the game..
Even some countries have cancelled their tours due to IPL then why just English player can't play their...;)
So you are for players leaving their own domestic setup for a month at the beginning to play in India's?

This is the problem. Check the rant in my blog ('Meanwhile in the West...') to see what I mean. There is already a home domestic v IPL battle, and now we are about to see an international v IPL battle. This is terrible for cricket.

So you are for players leaving their own domestic setup for a month at the beginning to play in India's?

This is the problem. Check the rant in my blog ('Meanwhile in the West...') to see what I mean. There is already a home domestic v IPL battle, and now we are about to see an international v IPL battle. This is terrible for cricket.
It's really simple, free-market economics. When you put money in front of a human being, they destroy your image of them being patriotic, domestic duty-bound cricketers. Instead of blaming the league, you should blame the players. If you use a hammer to break into a shop, you don't send the hammer to jail.

It was the decision of each player to play for IPL so noone can be blamed for that.AS far as england r concern their many players r playing for ICL.

It's really simple, free-market economics. When you put money in front of a human being, they destroy your image of them being patriotic, domestic duty-bound cricketers. Instead of blaming the league, you should blame the players. If you use a hammer to break into a shop, you don't send the hammer to jail.

Perfect! Cant say better

I'd like to think our Cricketers have enough self-satisfaction to stay away from these damaging leagues. I am fairly confident that I won't see KP out there and I'd like to think most of the others would rather play for England. Given the timing of the event I think something will have to give.

1) England players never get involved - due to timing in relation to our domestic competition.
2) Domestic and International cricket revolves around the IPL tournament.

The latter I can see happening. It's damaging world cricket.

The ICC signed (or will sign) a contract with the BCCI regarding the scheduling of the IPL. In the end, you cannot squarely put the blame on the shoulders of the IPL. Every participating organization is to blame, which includes the ICC, Cricket Australia, PCB, and all the other boards whose players are participating. It is them who chose to give the IPL the go-ahead whereas the similar ICL was denoted as illegal.

Great Post Shoum..Well said..

there is another point here as well, the players with a central contract get paid by england, if i decided to not go to work for 6 weeks but to work someware else i would expect to get the sack not get paid by both jobs!

i think any england player has the choice if he wants to play in the IPL or not, if KP of Flintoff decided to play then they can, they just wouldnt ever play for england again and i think that is totally fair, you cant have the best of both worlds, you cant expect to get very well paid by england but also make loads from the IPL at the same time if both 'jobs' clash, you have to pick one or the other, and what is more important, your england career or a mickey mouse tornament (yes it has a lot of money, but its still nothing compared to test matches)

Users who are viewing this thread