England's stars 'want IPL chance'

Bottom line, as far as I know no England player has come out and said they want to play in IPL anyhow.

Pietersen said something along the lines of "no way in the world" Freddie has also said he wont play in IPL. Who's the guy most talked about in terms of IPL currently? Steve Harmison. So they are targeting a bowler who famously doesn't like touring and who has been pretty much dropped from International cricket because of poor performances. Is this the future of IPL? If it is what is everyone worrying about ;)

I wouldn't mind fringe or ODI only English players (aslong it didn't clash with an England ODIs obviously). It would be an amazing opportunity, every match would be filled to the brim with talent and the players would learn loads off each other. Take Mascarenhas for example, he's going as it's not when England are playing and every match he'll potentially be batting and bowling against some of the best the world has to offer. As long as he goes whilst in the right frame of mind he could come back a vastly improved player.

I think it's hilarious how the BCCI don't want the ECB to allow 2 Pakistani (Non-Indian) players to play in the CC season (Non-Indian Competetion).

Mind your own business and reap the rewards of your money-grabbing cricketing circus.

I don't know what everyone's problem is.
Sure, its pulling some players out of their own domestic set up. But, if they're willing to pay the money for breaking the contract why not? Its not damaging world cricket, its helping it move on to the next generation. Its going to be an exciting tournament, no doubt. Just because you guys won't be able to see your players live for a season doesn't mean the sky is going to fall down. :rolleyes:.

If people pull out of their national team, however, I see a problem.

I can see Some Ego Problem with English player..

IPL is not harming any Cricket team.neither internationally nor domestically...
Try to find out Solution by creating more money in your own domestic leagues..
People better mind their own business then abusing the IPL..
I can smell something burning...

Last edited:
I think it's hilarious how the BCCI don't want the ECB to allow 2 Pakistani (Non-Indian) players to play in the CC season (Non-Indian Competetion).

Mind your own business and reap the rewards of your money-grabbing cricketing circus.
Got a linky?

So now we are dictating terms to other countries are we?? Ridiculous. But then it is the BCCI - a corrupted political party more than a sporting board.

I wouldn't say England have been unaffected by the Indian leagues, the international side maybe, but in county its a different story.

If I were the ECB I wouldn't allow any centrally contracted player to play in the league myself. Their job is to play cricket for England. If they want extra match practice then they can play in county games, preferably in CCh or 50 over matches.

I can't see how they can legitimately block players from playing in an ICC-endorsed event.

The moment you do that is the moment you risk players saying "**** it" and dropping international cricket all together.

I get the feeling that the ICC will eventually (probably next year) create a six week period free of international cricket to prevent tours being interrupted. Its the best option for all parties.

If the ICC do schedule around the IPL as an international event, I'd have absolutely no problems. I do have a problem however with many players effectively selling out the very clubs that gave them (usually) their first start cricket and gave them the chance to break through into the international stars they are now. Also, if any Englishman ever wanted to play IPL over tests for England I'd be horrified.

So now we are dictating terms to other countries are we?? Ridiculous. But then it is the BCCI - a corrupted political party more than a sporting board.

Ya People whor are Incharge there have never played cricket..They are just famous Politician..

I wouldn't say hilarious, but rather sad that the BCCI view the pathetic ICL as a threat of any sort. Not only is it obvious that the ICL is no threat to the IPL in any way, it is also clear that the County season is none of their business and that it is other boards' decision how to approach the ICL.

'Money grabbing cricketing circus'?! The IPL is a brilliant idea of economic proportions for the BCCI (or is money evil in your mind?) as well as providing the fans with the epitome of world cricketing talent whilst keeping a focus on developing Indian talent - with the small, but noticeable quotas of Indian U22 and local players enforced in the teams.

I was led to believe that International commitments usurped the ICL but when you read news about West Indian players wanting ti miss part of a tour of play in the IPL, you wonder why the BCCI think the ICL is so damaging?

NZ borad has also allowed players to play in IPL over national duty

I really can't understand boards doing this, ok for NZ the players are only missing warm-up matches so there is an argument that at least they are playing top class competitive cricket but I think that will still be detrimental to the performance of the team. Tour matches are as much about getting used to local conditions as they are actual match practice.

Are boards really that scared that players are jut going to quit international cricket for a couple of weeks twenty20 (yes I know it pays well)? For me either you are 100% committed to international cricket or you might as well stop playing it and become a has-been in IPL.

Users who are viewing this thread