:ind: :bat: Ajinkya Rahane :c:
:ind: :wk: Rishabh Pant
:ind: :ar: Hardik Pandya
:ind: :ar: Ravindra Jadeja
:ind: :ar: Ravichandran Ashwin
:ind: :bwl: Ishant Sharma
:ind: :bwl: Jasprit Bumrah

That's honestly a scary line-up. A few thoughts:
:tick: Rishabh has kept really well in this Test. He might not be as reliable as Saha, but it's still really good to see him improving because he could be in the Gilchrist/Prior/Dhoni bracket of counter-attacking keepers.
:tick: If both Jadeja and Ashwin are fit, then you can play Hardik as a luxury number seven whether or not he's fit to bowl more than a few overs. Imagine finally getting Pujara out after a long day of bowling, and Hardik walks out to join Rishabh in the middle. Brutal.
:tick: Could pick any one of about eight fast bowlers without really weakening the team.

If Hardik cant bowl or if he can bowl just a few overs, he's of no use in the test XI in any conditions. He messes the balance further. If you are playing on a rank turner, you get a third spinner (Kuldeep or Chahal or a leggie) and Jadeja/Ashwin are more than able bats. If its a flat track and even bounce, Siraj or Shami would easily get in (again Jadeja/Ashwin being good bats). If it swings, Bhuvi (Bhuvaneshwar) will get in and added bonus is Bhuvi can bat too.

In summary - if Hardik cant bowl and that too bowl really well enough, he cannot play test cricket. Period! Times have changed and the solidity of Jadeja/Ashwin's batting and the enormous bowling feeder line that is created, makes it really hard for Pandya to get in.

What is this debate about CerealKiller? We know how brilliant Gilly was with the willow but his record with the gloves will surprise many.
Well, @Aislabie named Gilly, Prior, and Dhoni as three great counterattacking keepers, and i thought Prior didn’t belong in that group, but he proved me wrong with... basic statistics. Shows you the wisdom of knowing your facts before opening your mouth :p

Well, @Aislabie named Gilly, Prior, and Dhoni as three great counterattacking keepers, and i thought Prior didn’t belong in that group, but he proved me wrong with... basic statistics. Shows you the wisdom of knowing your facts before opening your mouth :p
Prior surprises me too. Where did you garner the stats. Be interested to see any others.. perhaps Brad Haddin. We talking Test or white ball?

Just in case any here downplay Gilly's Test keeping record. 416 dismissals.. 379 catch 37 stumped. By comparison Rod Marsh 355 dismissals and coincidently both played the same number of Tests.. 96.

Last edited:
Still Root is there and in rare form and if Stokes can reproduce his Headingley stunner.. who knows
Please, even I consider the total to be un-chasable - it's something that I would rarely say when India is playing. I'm that confident about the result.

Of course, if they do do it please don't quote me on that :p

And this post will no longer be a part of this thread....

440C212000000578-4880384-image-a-118_1505310071550.jpg

:eng: :bat: Dom Sibley
:eng: :bat: Zak Crawley
:eng: :bat: Jonny Bairstow
:eng: :bat: Joe Root
:eng: :bat: Ollie Pope
:eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
:eng: :wk: Ben Foakes
:eng: :ar: Chris Woakes
:eng: :bwl: Ollie Robinson
:eng: :bwl: Olly Stone
:eng: :bwl: Any of the spinners
How the hell can you have a meme team and not have Moeen in it?

And there goes Ollie...

Had genuinely no idea Prior was that good :eek:
Because he doesn’t get talked about as a great keeper, honestly
Ask us Indian fans who Prior is!!! He is someone who has frustrated us a lot during 2011 Test series in England and 2012-13 series in India.

Users who are viewing this thread