England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
When you build a good first class system with people loving the game, the results come. IPL's competitive cricket has played a major role in Indian batting line-up and the fruits are coming today for them. But it would be interesting to see how they perform in pitches outside sub-continent, Australia, England and South Africa. I have no doubts on their strong batting lineup but the bowling has always been their major concern. Indian batting's sheer class save them from their miserable bowling every time just like Pakistan's bowling save their batting.

PS: I have always rated Kohli higher than Root, Smith and Kane Willimson, The reason is that he wins matches for india and surely a class player with every shot in his book. His attitude is helping him to prosper and his hard work should be an inspiration for the younger generation.

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I used to disagree with you about our media, but I watched a couple of episodes of Score with Yahya Husseini as anchor and Game On Hai with Nauman Niaz as anchor, and trust me, it was such a waste of time. Shoaib Akhtar is the only guy who seems to talk somewhat sensibly, and partly Rashid Latif as well.

I have been watching 'Game On Hai' for the past year or so regularly and must say that it is far better than the so-called cricket analysis that happens on Indian TV. Even Starsports which used to be good with post match shows during their cricket coverage in the 90s are very poor now, with unnecessary gimmickry. One thing about Game On Hai is that it does`nt look scripted. However, Shoaib keeps going on and on about 'characters'!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I have been watching 'Game On Hai' for the past year or so regularly and must say that it is far better than the so-called cricket analysis that happens on Indian TV. Even Starsports which used to be good with post match shows during their cricket coverage in the 90s are very poor now, with unnecessary gimmickry. One thing about Game On Hai is that it does`nt look scripted. However, Shoaib keeps going on and on about 'characters'!
The analysts are good, but the anchor is a big idiot.
Shoaib is not wrong about characters. Our team is full of pussycats who hide on the backfoot as soon as a couple of wickets fall, and get themselves bogged down. We need strong characters who aren't afraid of failure and play bravely.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Shoaib is blunt and what I liked about him that he is not trying to be transparent, He is transparent, upfront and straight, He has his way. He applies the same formula in analysis what he used to have in his fast bowling. Sometimes, It feels he over-exaggerated things though a bit further. Dr. Nauman is good but he talks a lot and doesn't connect the guest well with the audience.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The analysts are good, but the anchor is a big idiot.
Shoaib is not wrong about characters. Our team is full of pussycats who hide on the backfoot as soon as a couple of wickets fall, and get themselves bogged down. We need strong characters who aren't afraid of failure and play bravely.

The anchor seems very knowledgable though.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The anchor seems very knowledgable though.
He has an agenda that he hides behind his immense knowledge. He wrote about five books on Pakistan cricket's history. But he dislikes Misbah immensely, along with Azhar and Hafeez.

D

Deleted member 46200

Well done India great win... My heart is broken and I'm crying, as I thought we may have won that one (honorary Pom).

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wait...national team Australia and Pom? I thought those two don't go together in the same sentence :rolleyes

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
He has an agenda that he hides behind his immense knowledge. He wrote about five books on Pakistan cricket's history. But he dislikes Misbah immensely, along with Azhar and Hafeez.

Really? I don't think so, A journalist is a sports fan as well so on a personal level, one may have likes and dislikes based on performances. Hafeez was invited to his program a few days back as well. I have seen him neutral in his views atleast when he is anchoring unlike the most journalists in Geo Super who always look that they are on an agenda.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I would love to see Kohli's stats outside Asia, If someone has the figures, share please. I saw him performing in Australia though where he killed Johnson and Australian lineup with massive boundaries, but I also saw how shaky he was against James Anderson in the england tour but i guess he has improved a lot since then.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would love to see Kohli's stats outside Asia, If someone has the figures, share please. I saw him performing in Australia though where he killed Johnson and Australian lineup with massive boundaries, but I also saw how shaky he was against James Anderson in the england tour but i guess he has improved a lot since then.
England tour is the only failure he has and people cling into that. Next India's tour to England will shut their mouth or ours ;p ( Not generalized to you)

His away stats-

Mats - 72
Inns - 69
Runs - 2885
Ave - 47.29
SR - 88.09
HS - 136
100s - 11
50s - 13
MoM - 7
MoS- 1

Funny thing. This is his away stats. But if I add - away + neutral, his matches increases to 108 and avg to 49.63

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread