England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Maybe Mishra over Jaddu? He deserves it after the splendid ODi series.

Yes, this is an ODI series and India should have dropped Jadeja and played Mishra. Seriously, what are you smoking? Jadeja is like gold dust in India. He barely goes for runs and plays the perfect support role to Ashwin.

I believe in settled test teams. We will ALWAYS struggle overseas unless we develop a seam bowling all rounder. Even if India wanted to go for 5 pure bowlers here, I would pick the extra seamer. Why? They're priceless if you bowl first. If it's turning square, Ashwin and Jadeja are anyway enough to run through a side and lastly, England are packed with left handers therefore reducing his effect.

This in no way is a punch at Mishra, I just feel we desperately need to develop an all rounder who can bowl 15-20 overs in an innings and make 30-40 runs at 6!

Edit- Just saw Shami is injured! DOOM!

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
When I say England is 10 percent is ahead only because England bat deep, Ali, Bairstow,Stokes and Root its a long long way to go. Also remember we are not very good ending the tail. Include Broad in that too. Everyone will be out of form but when it comes to India every one seems to be on ecstasy.
They have Zafar Ansari, Chris Woakes too.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So England's day by a long margin. I kind of have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it's good to see that Kohli is being tested for the first time at home and we may get to see how he will handle it during the course of time. On the other hand, the fact that England are getting the best possible conditions while batting is also scary. India may very well be looking at something around 420 to 450-ish total to overcome in the first innings.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Looks like a good pitch for batting so I don't think England is in a very strong position.Looking forward to how India would be batting last in this test.Tomorrow would be a busy day having a fair bit of currencies to be "updated".

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Good day for England after that first session. Root was looking very comfortable out there but I do feel that the spinners didn't bowl well against him or may be he didn't allow them by using his feet so well. This is probably the flattest pitch in India and looking at the depth England have, it will be a surprise if they don't score 500.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Strong day for England and India did not help themselves at all. The most worrying thing is, when conditions are not in favor, all these silly things like "Dropped catches, dropping shoulders, dropping body language" comes in very quickly. If England score 450+ here, India will be under huge pressure and that will give England spinners extra spice to beat us out.

I have a bad feeling about this match.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Good day for Ebgland. India just too sloppy in the day. There was like 4 chances needed to be taken in the first hour, and that would give India some momentum. I hope England collapse and only get to around 420ish. Great knocks by Root and Moeen. I admire Root, for his ability to score runs in tough conditions, even though I don't particulary like him playing in the crase a lot.
Kohli and his men perhaps have to learn how to bowl as well in the 1st Innings as they usally do in the second innings.
Whenever I see India getting beaten like this, I hope for a draw, but that's too much to hope for:noway

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
My eyes are hurting !!!!! Real crappy effort from fielders.

Now I understand how SA and NZ fans were feeling during India tour.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Another session to England (3-1). I reckon they might declare at 600 as I don't see the declaration coming once Stokes reaches his hundred. It's a very strong position to be in and I doubt Cook will let go of it without making absolutely sure that he won't be needing to bat again in this Test.

Ominous signs for India. The pitch is still good to bat on but when you have 600+ runs deficit at the back of your mind, it tends to weigh you down. I would bet on a follow-on being enforced by England. Yeh, it's too soon to say but I'm putting my money on it.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Another session to England (3-1). I reckon they might declare at 600. I don't see the declaration coming once Stokes reaches his hundred. It's a very strong position to be in and I doubt Cook will let go of it without making absolutely sure that he won't be needing to bat again in this Test.

Ominous signs for India. The pitch is still good to bat on but when you have 600+ runs deficit at the back of your mind, it tends to weigh you down. I would bet on a follow-on being enforced by England. Yeh, it's too soon to say but I'm putting my money on it.
The cracks will develop at some point in day 3 and it will be difficult to bat on. I don't see India saving this match.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Stop being so negative people. At one side we say we are lions at home and number 1 test team. No matter what is happening you should never write off a team in test based on only 1 inning. Look at the SA AUS match.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Stop being so negative people

Can't help it. It's in our nature, or at least mine :p
[HASHTAG]#reversePsychology[/HASHTAG]

At one side we say we are lions at home and number 1 test team

Honestly, I don't give a damn about rankings. They are given way too much importance than required.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
England are dominating currently. Our best fielders are dropping catches. Dodgy captaincy by Virat I must say. He was well known for his perfect utilisation of bowlers at the right time. This match has completely turned over the things. Not to forget the fact that our batsmen are in-form and they can bat even better if a touring team can bat so well.

But quite disappointing to see our bowlers losing hope over fielders though.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Another session to England (3-1). I reckon they might declare at 600 as I don't see the declaration coming once Stokes reaches his hundred. It's a very strong position to be in and I doubt Cook will let go of it without making absolutely sure that he won't be needing to bat again in this Test.

England will not enforce the follow on come what may. They want India to bat last.

Users who are viewing this thread