England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If Vijay and Gambhir get 100 more runs for the first wicket, that will be awesome. The thing is that Kohli, Rahane and Pujara need to fire to save this test. India have quite a capable batting line up, but it is crucial not to lose too many wickets. Wickets will just open England's door to victory.
I think Pandya would be useful on this wicket. This wicket seems to support seam bowlers and it would be exciting to see what he could've done.
I espacilly hope that GG will score a century to silence his critics. The guy deserves a hundred.
India have to be aware of Stokes and Woakes. I feel that India will struggle against them more than the spinners. The dropped catches pretty much cost India to allow England to score 500+

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I espacilly hope that GG will score a century to silence his critics. The guy deserves a hundred.

How exactly? Don't get me wrong, I will be happy if GG gets a hundred because it will put India in a better position but what has he done so far in this inning to suggest that he deserves a hundred?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
How exactly? Don't get me wrong, I will be happy if GG gets a hundred because it will put India in a better position but what has he done so far in this inning to suggest that he deserves a hundred?
I meant he deserves a hundred after all he has done in the domestic, and he definitely should be ahead of Dhawan as the reserve opener which was the not the case. He batted well so far, but he NEEDS a hundred to save the match and his career.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I meant he deserves a hundred after all he has done in the domestic, and he definitely should be ahead of Dhawan as the reserve opener which was the not the case. He batted well so far, but he NEEDS a hundred to save the match and his career.
Lol

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just the start England needed and exactly what India didn't need.

B

Bigby Wolf

India have some serious problem with moeen ali.He has troubled us all along ever since the england tour in 2014.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
India have some serious problem with moeen ali.He has troubled us all along ever since the england tour in 2014.
So he got hammered by Pujara. :p

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Am I the only one who feels like Vijay and Puajara are playing way too many shots than required? It's keeping the scoreboard ticking but it does look like one of those shots might bring in a wicket for England.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
I think they are playing just fine. They are attacking the spinners not allowing them to settle. The partnership has seen run rate going upto 4 then they settled in middle overs where we saw Pujara getting hit thrice and then the late onslaught. India needs to bat this way and if they can get 100 runs in each session remaining today, 360 with loss of 2/3 wickets would not be bad. 170 runs deficit starting Day 4 is not bad. If we can declare with a deficit of 25-30 runs who knows. We have seen Pakistan collapsing after scoring 500+ runs, England are more vulnarable

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Fair enough. If we manage to bat till lunch on Day 4, I think that deficit will be under 100 runs which can make things interesting.

A session to India then (3-4).

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Credit to Pujara. It's not easy to bat the way he has after being struck on the helmet the way he was, thrice!! Solid from Vijay, but he needs to slightly up the tempo. England have bowled alright I feel. The use of Rashid has been outright appalling!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Really ? Missed the last one :facepalm

Yeah! My main issue with this selection is that Mishra is renowned for being a magic bowler on a dry assisting wicket. Issue is on good tracks he's impotent and leaks a lot of runs too quick! Do India need another spinner on a rank turner? I'm yet to meet two batsmen that can handle Ashwin and Jadeja in that scenario. Therefore, we don't need a third spinner!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
65 runs in the session, India need to up the anti if they want a result. But Rajkot Pujara's homeground I was sure he wasnt going to miss out today.

Users who are viewing this thread