England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good session for India (4-4). Though they have been slow, they made sure they didn't lose any wickets which was the important thing.

EDIT:

Day 3, session 3 I think was evenly shared. England got the big wicket and a bonus one too. India, on their part, are on the brink of avoiding the follow-on and would ideally be happy if they manage to score 150 more runs. So it still remains 4-4 at end of day 3.

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Nice stuff from Pujara and Vijay. This will India the confidence to draw the match If the batsmen coming in don't screw up and gift their wickets, there will be good chance of drawing and less of batting last.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Good day overall for India. Gambhir got into such a tangle with his new stance and his dismissal was painful to watch. Pujara and Vijay batted very well on a difficult surface. Good to see Pujara scoring hundred on his home ground and Vijay getting runs is always a positive for India. However, that last 2 wickets brought England right back into the game. It would have been better to end the day with only 2 wickets down but still very well played by the boys. We need to make sure we bat till at least tea tomorrow to draw this game.

BTW, here is the commentary team doing to the mannequin challenge

The Mannequin Challenge | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
A sudden collapse. India need to bat at least one more session after launch to be able to avoid follow-on and draw this game.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Apparently, the last Indian batsman to be out hit wicket was VVS Laxman, back in 2002. 14 years gap!

I feel quite dissapointed by the way Rahane and Kohli got out. I don't know what Rahane was trying to play and Kohli played WAY back in his crease. Anyhow, Ash and Saha are putting on a good partnership. I suppose that India will give England a lead of 30-40 runs.

B

Bigby Wolf

Apparently, the last Indian batsman to be out hit wicket was VVS Laxman, back in 2002. 14 years gap!

I feel quite dissapointed by the way Rahane and Kohli got out. I don't know what Rahane was trying to play and Kohli played WAY back in his crease. Anyhow, Ash and Saha are putting on a good partnership. I suppose that India will give England a lead of 30-40 runs.
NO Sachin Tendulkar in Brisbane 2008 CB series(one dayers though)[DOUBLEPOST=1478931085][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please move...
....:rolleyes

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
We don't need to worry !

The pitch is now spinner-friendly[DOUBLEPOST=1478938105][/DOUBLEPOST]Indian should bat 10-12 overs from now on & then declare , no matter if we are trailing or in lead :thumbs

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
NO Sachin Tendulkar in Brisbane 2008 CB series(one dayers though)
VK was also out hit wicket in 2011 vs England

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This. Even though I don't think he will ever bat in top 4, he still has this tendency to get out cheaply very often. I also get this feeling very often with Kohli as well. Both solid players but definitely need a little more consistency. The shot that Rahane played was a very poor shot to get out for a middle order batsman. I have also read somewhere that Rahane has a poor record in the first inning but makes up it for in the second inning.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
This. Even though I don't think he will ever bat in top 4, he still has this tendency to get out cheaply very often. I also get this feeling very often with Kohli as well. Both solid players but definitely need a little more consistency. The shot that Rahane played was a very poor shot to get out for a middle order batsman. I have also read somewhere that Rahane has a poor record in the first inning but makes up it for in the second inning.

Agreed that it was a rash shot but that does not make him a bad player. Rahane is your best batsman tbh. If you ask me he should be batting at #4. Rahane has been the most consistent batsman for India for quite some time now. Kohli is a brilliant batsman in limited overs batsman but he is not equally good in test cricket. His aggressive batting style is more suited at #5 should there be a need of acceleration.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
It's either an England win or a draw. I guess England will bat till lunch tomorrow and score around 120-130 runs and give India a very unrealistic target of 300 runs to score in 2 sessions and hope that the collapse happens in the 4th innings.

Users who are viewing this thread